SparkPeople has a 10,000+ item food database, but if you don't see a food listed in there that you need to track, you are able to manually enter the nutritional information for that item.
To manually enter a food item in your Nutrition Tracker:
- Roll your mouse over "My Trackers" at the top of the screen.
- Click on "My Nutrition."
- You'll now see your Nutrition Tracker page.
- Click on "Enter food not listed." (Just below the search button.)
- Enter the name of your food at the top of the page.
- Select the serving size and the measurement by clicking on the down arrow next to the numeric serving sizes. (Note: you can type decimals for the serving size, such as .5, 1.25, etc.)
- Type in all information you would like to track from the nutrition label.
- When done, click "Save Food."
- Your food item will now appear in the search box.
- Enter how much you ate and select which meal you'd like to add it to.
- If you want to add it to your Favorites list, check the box for "Add this Food to My Favorites."
- Click "Add Food To Tracker."
- Your manually entered food item will now be showing in your Nutrition Tracker.
For more tips to use and customize your Nutrition Tracker, refer to the tutorial video below.