My biggest piece of advice to any newcomer is to get your hands on a copy of The Spark book. It makes the tools on the website really easy to navigate and understand so they are much more helpful! Good luck. Feel free to drop by my page or message me for anything at all!
Fitness Minutes: (82,445)
9,561 12/18/12 11:26 P
Welcome ACAPPYNAMEDLIZZ!!! You're off to a great start!!! Sparks really is a wonderful website to develop a healthy lifestyle to get fit and lose the weight .... permanently!! And you've got the supportive folks on Sparks to help you along the way as well!! So have fun with your nutrition and fitness plans while you become the new, slim, healthy you!!
Welcome to SparkPeople. We are so glad to have you here with us. You have lost the weight the right way slowly rather that rapid. You will find you will have an easier time to maintain that weight while working on loosing more. I hope you find a job soon. Just take it one day at a time. I am glad to meet you.
Fitness Minutes: (15,473)
2,470 12/10/12 7:52 P
WELCOME TO SPARK!!!
Congrats on taking the first step into changing your life to a healthier one by joining the site. Spark is filled with amazing people that will motivate, support and encourage you on your journey. There is so much to learn and discover here, take this one day at a time.
A few things I would like to suggestion to make you Spark experience a great one.
1. Put together your own Spark page. This is a great way to communicate with other members and build relationships that will support and motivate you. You can do this by going to the START page and the green section has something about your Sparkpage.
2. Make goals for yourself. Each month I make a list of what I want to accomplish that month and break them down to smaller goals to work with week by week. This way the BIG picture doesn't seem so big.
3. Join Spark teams. There are tons of teams here and you will be able to find ones that fit to what you like or want in a team.
4. Log everything that you eat on the site! You can use the meal plans that Spark People provides or at least you can use them as a guide for what you should eat each day to be healthy.
5. Move! Walk the dog or a neighbors' dog. Walk for at least a mile each day just to get your body moving. You can map your route under the Fitness tracker so you can learn how far you have walked and how many calories you burned. There are also a ton of free exercise videos on here that you can use to move your body under the Healthy Lifestyle tab.
The key to success here is to be active and you've already started by joining. You will find that everyone is willing to help you out if you need it. Spark friends are here for support, motivation and encouragement. Good luck on your journey to a healthier lifestyle! Again, welcome to the SP family!
*~ Denise *~
Fitness Minutes: (10)
1 12/10/12 5:16 P
Hi everyone! I've been through a WHOLE lot of crazy crap in my life, but I won't get into it now. A few years ago I weighed 302 pounds. Today, I weigh 254. I've lost this weight very, very slowly.
But I'm looking to begin losing more steadily and rapidly, as I turn 25 next fall. I don't want to be obese in the second half of my 20's.
A little more about me...I love animals, I have two awesome dogs. My username refers to a capybara, which is a cool animal I like. I live in West Virginia. I'm single with no children, but my dream is to start a family. Currently uh...between jobs. So there's a lot on my plate, but I'm happy to be along for the ride.
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved. No portion of this website can be used without the permission of SparkPeople or its authorized affiliates.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.