Change into your workout shoes at work and then drive to the gym and change the rest. Something about the shoes for me...
GRACE. BEAUTY. LAUGHTER. REST. COMPASSION. GOOD FOOD.
I love to cook and bake. I have compiled hundreds of recipes on Pinterest: Crowd pleasers: Traditional & Lightened versions of timeless favorites, as well as: gluten free, vegan, Paleo & Grain-Free... and a ton of Scones and desserts. pinterest.com/willdance4joy/
Answer the following questions (to yourself) as honestly as you can:
1. How will I probably feel after I have completed my workout at the gym?
2. How will skipping the gym on a regular basis affect me?
3. What will I feel like and look like a year from now if I can overcome my hesitation to go to the gym for this year?
4. What will I feel like and look like a year from now if the habit I form is "skipping the gym" rather than "working out regularly"?
5. What is the worst thing that will happen to me if I go to the gym today?
6. What is the best thing that will happen to me in the one hour period that I meant to go to the gym but didn't?
Fitness Minutes: (35,097)
11/14/12 2:49 A
Browse through the success stories pages of SP. Take your time. You will come across people very much like you in the beginning, and you will get to see what they have become and how they did it. It is a great way to motivate yourself: www.sparkpeople.com/community/success_stor ies.asp
``Don't break the chain." -Jerry Seinfeld ``Moments of silence are part of the music." -Anonymous
Fitness Minutes: (28,129)
939 11/13/12 10:56 P
Try something like making a deal with yourself: "schedule" 7 days of gym time on your calendar, and if you meet 6 of them, you get to do something fun like a massage or any sort of reward that might motivate you. Even better, get a buddy on here for accountability and/or make it a challenge or competition of who can get there more. Good luck- you CAN do this!!!
This is for me...
Fitness Minutes: (112,042)
46,222 11/13/12 10:11 P
Remember you don't have to spend hours in the gym to reap the benefits. Even just 30 minutes a day of moderate activity can do wonders to helping you meet your goals. That being said, motivation must come from you. Inspiration can come from others, but when it comes to motivation, you must decide why being healthy is important to you.
You can do this!
Fitness Minutes: (0)
1 11/13/12 9:28 P
Can someone help me please??
I am trying to get motivated to go to the gym. I work full time and am needing soem encouragement
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.