.~.Better-For-You Fried Chicken.~.
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- 2 1/2-3 pounds chicken legs, skin removed, trimmed and cut into thighs and drumsticks
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- cooking spray (olive oil preferred)
1) Mix buttermilk, mustard, garlic and hot sauce in a shallow glass dish until well blended. Add chicken and turn to coat.
2) Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1/2 hour or for up to 8 hours.
3) Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Coat it with cooking spray.
4) Mix flour, sesame seeds, paprika, thyme, baking powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Place the mixture in a paper bag or large plastic bag. Shaking off excess marinade, place one or two pieces of chicken at a time in the bag and shake to coat. Shake off excess flour and place chicken on the prepared rack. (Discard any leftover flour mixture and marinade.) Spray chicken pieces with cooking spray.
5) Bake the chicken thoroughly for 40 to 50 minutes.
I have more recipes at yumrecipes.webs.com
. Feel free to check it out! Keep in mind that it's still under construction!
Edited by: SUPERSYLPH at: 10/2/2010 (07:10)