* 4 large portobello mushroom caps
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
* 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
* 1 cup finely chopped fresh spinach
* 1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
* 2 tablespoons finely chopped kalamata olives
* 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
* 3/4 cup prepared marinara sauce
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Place mushroom caps, gill-side up, on the prepared pan. Sprinkle with salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Roast until tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, mash ricotta, spinach, 1/4 cup Parmesan, olives, Italian seasoning and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl. Place marinara sauce in a small bowl, cover and microwave on High until hot, 30 seconds to 1 1/2 minutes.
4. When the mushrooms are tender, carefully pour out any liquid accumulated in the caps. Return the caps to the pan gill-side up. Spread 1 tablespoon marinara into each cap; cover the remaining sauce to keep warm. Mound a generous 1/3 cup ricotta filling into each cap and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan. Bake until hot, about 10 minutes. Serve with the remaining marinara sauce.
Per serving (serves 4): 201 calories; 10 g fat ( 5 g sat , 4 g mono ); 28 mg cholesterol; 13 g carbohydrates; 14 g protein; 2 g fiber; 680 mg sodium; 677 mg potassium.
Edited by: MORGAINE at: 12/6/2011 (14:38)