Here's a recipe that I thought everyone might like on a cold winter night. I don't have a nutritional breakdown for this, but instead of making it w/beef, you can use turkey meat instead. Serve plain or over a small portion of brown rice. Enjoy!
Slow Cooker Chili
2 cups chopped green pepper (2 medium)
1 cup chopped onion
1 1/2 tsps minced garlic (about 3 cloves)
1/2 lb. ground beef or turkey
1/2 lb. beef stew meat
1 pkg. Mexican seasoning
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 (15 oz.) can chili beans, undrained
1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed & drained
1/2 cup medium salsa (optional)
1/4 tsp. salt, pepper (to taste)
1. Saute pepper, onion & garlic; cook stirring constantly, 3-5 mins or until tender.
2. Add ground beef or turkey and stew meat. Cook until beef is browned. Drain well.
3. Stir Mexican seasoning into beef mixture; cook 1 min.
4. Place into slow cooker; add tomatoes, beans & salsa
5. Cook on high for 4-6 hours; or low from 10-12 hours.
Serve plain or with brown rice.