Consider the alternative - not "turning" *anything* at all.....
Don't let anyone make you feel lousy about your milestone - I've passed that a few years ago, and frankly don't see why people are so flippin' hung up over it - after all:
* it is NOT a crime * it is NOT a "sin" * it is NOT a "defect" or "character flaw"
* it IS a natural part of the human life experience - no more, no less....
Now if only certain countries (ahem, USA - you should be ASHAMED of yourself!), cultures and industries (ahem, entertainment/fashion/media - WTH is wrong with you?) can just get a clue!
Soooooo - hang in there and don't let the turkeys get you down!
BTW - there's a "50+ Females" SparkTeam - you may want to check that out!
and best wishes on your journey to better health!
Fitness Minutes: (62,743)
6/23/12 7:48 A
Welcome to SparkPeople!
Fitness Minutes: (247,080)
53,657 6/23/12 2:34 A
WELCOME TO SPARK!!! Congrats on taking the first step into changing your life to a more healthier one by joining the site. Spark is filled with amazing people that will motivate, support and encourage you on your journey. There is so much to learn and discover here, take this one day at a time.
A couple of things I would like to suggestion to make you Spark experience a great one.
1. Put together your own Spark page. This is a great way to communicate with other members and build relationships that will support and motivate you. You can do this by going to the START page and the green section has something about your Sparkpage.
2. Make goals for yourself. Each month I make a list of what I want to accomplish that month and break them down to smaller goals to work with week by week. This way the BIG picture doesn't seem so big.
3. Join Spark teams. There are tons of teams here and you will be able to find ones that fit to what you like or want in a team.
The key to success here is to be active and you've already started by joining. You will find that everyone is willing to help you out if you need it. Spark friends are here for support, motivation and encouragement. Good luck on your journey to a healthier lifestyle! Again, welcome to the SP family! *~ Paula *~
Fitness Minutes: (10,839)
6/23/12 1:18 A
and Glad to have you as part of the Spark family. Hope you take advantage of the great tools we have available for Sparkers; Nutrition and Fitness Tracker, Spark Teams, exercise videos for every level, and many great articles and recipes that can help in obtaining a healthier lifestyle. A couple of teams you might want to check out are: Singles, Divorced and Dating through SparkPeople 50+ Females Wish you continued success on your journey to a healthier you. God bless and Keep Smiling
Fitness Minutes: (165)
6/23/12 1:14 A
I am here to try and get my health and weight on track. I have 3 beautiful daughters and want to be around a long time to experince life with them and all it has to offer. I am also hopoing to find love again. I am not happy about turning 50, but I figured the best gift I could give myself is good health. So here I am!
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.