Me at 373 pounds and me at 187 pounds
Shared Food & Fitness Trackers
With this being yet another time of promising myself that I am going to stick to it and make this weight loss work, I have come to the realization that the problem is I am trying to force myself to get healthy. I haven�t come in to sparkpeople faithfully. I haven�t stuck to any healthy eating plan. I then punish myself and am too hard on myself when I mess up. Time to face some facts: 1. I love food., 2. I am an emotional and stress eater., 3. I am always in pain., 4. I have 2 eating disorders: CE and NES (Compulsive Eating and Night Eating Syndrome). For a long time those were my crutch. I think I have now figured it out. I am not perfect. I am a work in progress. I will make mistakes. I will fall off. I will get back on. I will keep learning. I will turn to my family and friends. I will not keep using all the excuses I have in the past.
Why Do I want to lose weight?
1. So I will continue to breathe
2. So I feel better about myself
3. So I look better and not embarassed to go out in public
4. So I can fit into a booth in a restaurant
5. So I can fit into a normal size stall in a public restroom and not have to use the handicapped stall
6. So I can fit in a ride at the amusement park.
7. So my seatbelt will fit.
8. So I can run around and play with my grandsons without feeling like I am going to die
9. So I can be brave enough to wear a bathing suit (proudly) to the beach. (If men happen to do double takes, all the better) and
10. So I can prove to myself and (in small part) to the man who for 4 years told me I will always be fat, never have any kind of success, �worthless fat piece of sh^$T%#� (quote) and I�d be better off dead.
So, here�s to 2012! A new me, a happy me, a FREE me!!!
Sept 21, 2015 to Sept. 21, 2016 goal
Goal 1: to lose 15 lbs by Dec. 21, 2015
Goal 2: to lose 15 lbs by Mar. 21, 2016
Goal 3: to lose 15 lbs by June 21, 2016
Goal 4: to lose 15 lbs by Sept. 21, 2016
In doing this successfully, I should lose 60 lbs in 1 year, going from 299 to 239.
Three month Exercise prescription
Basic healthy eating
Home cooked meals instead of store bought processed food
Walking 20 minutes a day minimum.
Working out in the fitness center
Various videos and dvds (home, on demand, sparkpeople, home circuit training, home Curves training)
Refined behavior of myself.
I live in Nevada, looking for employment and going to school. I have 2 grandsons; one who is 9 1/2 days and one who is 3 1/2. I love to write, cook/bake, draw, read, listen to a large variety of music..
After suffering a mild heart attack 6 weeks ago, I am determined now more than ever to change my lifestyle.
| Pounds lost: 9.8