I am not where I want to be, but I am also not where I use to be.
Hello, All! I hope you are enjoying this site and reaching your goals. I am a grandma with 4 granddaughters and one grandson. We live in the country and I am an avid reader, puzzle doer and hand crafter. I enjoy making things for my children and grand children. Occasionally, I do a local craft show.
I have done various jobs but have enjoyed crafting and teaching Bible studies the most.
DH and I are planning to be retired by the end of 2015. I stopped doing my home health business at the end of 2014. Was able to upload a song to You Tube that I wrote and sang for my husband in Oct 2014. Looking forward to a great 2015!
My short term goal is to find a plan that will make me be healthier and look better. I want to be able to fit back into some of my "skinny" clothes. My long term goal is to make a total commitment to living a healthy lifestyle.
Spark People has helped me get back to a daily thinking of what I can do to personally improve my health. My plan includes tracking everyday, fitting in as much walking as I can do, and keeping in touch with my Spark Friends, exchanging encouragement with each other.
We live in PA, the great Keystone State. I am a wife, mother of two, and grandmother of five. I write, sing, and enjoy crafting.
| Pounds lost: 1.4
It's extremely common to hit a plateau at some point during your weight loss journey. Obviously it can be really discouraging when the number on the scale doesn't move. There is good news — We've got some tips to help bust through that plateau and see the number get lower and lower.
1) We need to re-evaluate our caloric needs - as we lose weight, our bodies tend to burn fewer calories at a slower rate, therefore we need to consume fewer calories. You will either need to burn more calories or consume at least 500 less calories per day
2) Getting Back to Basics: Writing down everything we eat in a food journal to make sure we are still on track. Remember portion control is just one key to permanent weight loss.
3) Moving More: Are you still trying to get in those extra movements like you did when you first started losing weight. Once we obtain our weight loss goal, we sometimes slack off on the exercise a bit. And just go to the gym or use our home equipment and forget to park out a little from the grocery store or maybe walk to it if it is close enough.
4) Choosing Fresh Foods over Pre-Packaged: fresh over processed is always best. You know what your putting into your body.
5) Getting in Your Daily Water: Yes that still counts. Make sure you didn't slip back into your old latte' ways and now your adding extra calories by drinking them in. Water is still the best way to go. You can still change things up by adding fresh fruit to the mix.
6) Stress: Stress is always a factor in weight loss and weight gain. It can go either way. So make sure you take some time out for you. Even if it's just a few minutes in the bathroom to relax in the tub. Just lock out the world and do you...You deserve it!
13 days ago
You know I just love the name of my team "Keep Walking With Jesus". It says it all! Walking with Jesus.
Jesus walked every where and so did His disciples. Jesus set the example for how we should live, eat and exercise.
He did not need all these fancy machines to stay healthy and in shape.
Jesus ate fresh fish, lamb, poultry, beef, fruits, nuts, veggies and honey. Nothing was refined or artificial. In Jesus' day they didn't fry foods, it was baked or cooked over an open flame.
Can you imagine eating like our Lord? Walking in His footsteps? Just think about it, treating our bodies like our Lord treated His. Wouldn't that be great!
Be Blessed and think about eating Healthy unrefined foods.
15 days ago
Thanks Barb for your suggestions on my blog. My veggie garden is in the front yard space. ... I will try to post a pic of that in the near future.
I was contemplating chickens...???? There are flowers in a fenced garden near the sunroom and in flower beds all over.
17 days ago
was The Truth About Cancer on TV? I don't have TV, but I tried to search for it online. I found a youtube channel with the same name.
35 days ago
Afternoon Hello Barb
•*¨) ✫ ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.✫
¸.•*¨) ✫ ¸.•*¨)✫ Dropping by to Spread the Spark....
(¸.•´ .•´ (¸.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.✫
And say for your continued support on my blog posts and the kind comments you leave there!
35 days ago