Taking the dog for a walk (with my daughter)
My Sisters Wedding Sept 2010
Shared Food & Fitness Trackers
Hi, I am 42 yr old mother of 3 (ages 13, 11 and 9). I work full-time and volunteer at my kid's school and church. My lifestyle is hectic and busy and I love it, but doesn't leave much time for preparing healthy foods and excercise. I recently got a new treadmill and walking is my favourite exercise. I know a lot about nutrition and am finally starting to put it into practice.
I am learning by tracking my food and monitoring my body's response. I have been a member of Sparkpeople for a couple of years and have used it on and off. This time I am learning the value of the community here at Sparkpeople and the inspiration and encouragement available from your sparkfriends and teams. My mental attitude this time is more about long-term perseverance.
Plan for February 2011
- eat mostly food prepared by me!
- Do a ZUMBA workout (done - Feb 5, 2011)
- keep up the mileage
Plan for January 2011
- continue with Half Marathon WALK training plan
- significantly increase fitness minutes
- begin to add intervals to walking
- Do my behaviours match my goals?
Plan for December 2010
Stay obsessed, not stressed
Continue getting lots of sleep
Ask myself every day 'How bad do you want it?'
Stick to half-marathon WALK training plan
Keep cutting back sugar, white flour, processed foods and fast foods.
Plan for November 2010
- keep eating tight and clean by planning and preparing meals at home, and monitoring fruit/veggie intake
- maintain moderate miles per week
- aim for 8 hours of sleep
- proactively manage stress
Plan for April-May 2010
- be able to do 2 regular push-ups (15 in total)
- actually complete ST workouts every week
- monitor carb/protein/fat ratios to find optimum
- increase cardio minutes per week - went from 120-200 - aiming for 240 - 300. (5-7 days/wk)
Plan for March 2010
- continue to reduce sugar
- get enough rest, sleep and downtime in a very busy month
- find ways to fit in workouts - even a walk at lunchtime as often as possible - for mental health as well as physical health
- no fast food if at all possible
- get fresh air and sunshine
- keep taking vitamins every day
- continue to increase fresh fruit and veggie intake
- avoid IBS trigger foods - coffee, diet coke, artificial sweeteners, gum
- add nuts and seeds to my diet
- make my health a priority (physical and mental)
from 'Greater Health God's Way' by Stormie Omartian. (available free on Google books)
People who cope well with stress have some kind of outlet or source of inner strength. They don’t absorb the stress into themselves. This is because they take charge of daily decisions about what they will allow into their lives and what they will not. They move with a confidence and a knowledge of who they are and who the Lord made them to be. Negative situations may sometimes be out of our control, but our response to them is not. Our response to them is a decision we make. People who absorb the stress and allow themselves to be victimized by situations are the ones who get ulcers.
From the same book
We have sixty trillion cells in our body (I don't know who counted them.) Every cell lives for a limited time before it reproduces itself and dies. Every three months we get a new bloodstream, every eleven months each cell in our body is renewed, and every two years we get a new bone structure. Do you realize that by eating correctly for approximately two years, you could have a whole new body?...How are you feeding your sixty trillion cells? Are they being fed food that has no vitamins, minerals or digestive enzymes? Are they being fed food that is so devitalilzed that your body has to spend precious energy just trying to rid itself of poisonous wastes and repair the damage that your food has done?'
More quotes for me to remember - picked up from Sparkpeople
Doing it 'the hard way' isn't actually all that hard. It just isn't instant.
I would rather wear whatever I want than eat whatever I want.
This will not the last time that I will ever see chocolate,cake and I don't have to eat it because it's there."
One piece of pizza has half the calories of two pieces of pizza.
Starting Weight Oct 2010 - 206lbs
199 - massage - met Nov 1, 2010
194 - buy Tosca Reno's new book - Met Dec 3, 2010
189 - new workout outfit - Met Feb 21, 2011
185 - 10% body weight gone - New Adidas Jacket - Met July 15, 2011
179 - new running shoes
175 - a new pair of JEANS!
159 - Lulu Lemon jacket
• Lose 40lbs of fat
• After losing 40lbs of fat, focus on increasing strength, muscle
• Train at Sculpt Conditioning (with former Figure Champion)
• Get between 21-24% body fat (not sure what weight that would be)
• Complete a half-marathon (either walking or walk/run) DONE!! May 29, 2011
• Permanently fix and have a healthy relationship with food
• Master IBS and inflammation issues
• Grow hair long
• Make enough money to have a maid!
Find a healthy lifestyle that I can embrace and enjoy. Learn to enjoy, appreciate healthy food the way God made it.
Have a happy, healthy glow on my fa
Nutrition: I need to change my relationship with food. Adding Whole Foods, Superfoods, and trying to get all my nutrients in with more fruits and veggies.
Fitness -Training to walk another HM
Strength training -1-3x per week
I live in the Ottawa area (ON, CAN). I work in the city but prefer to be out in the country - anywhere there are trees and especially water!
I am lucky to have a wonderful husband and the 3 best kids in the world!
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| April Minutes: 0