@ Dark Fire Show - doing a gypsy flamenco dance
What you think is what you become. Be beautiful. Be kind. Be radiant. Be love.
I live in a beautiful city of SW Ontario, 5 minute-walk to the beautiful Thames River.
Zumba Instructor( & addict :)) ), Yoga lover, fitness addict, health foods addict :)).
********Portion below needs serious updates! Was written in 2007-2008!********
I keep daily track of micro and macro nutrients:
- I count carbs, fats and protein;
- I make sure I get the minimum of 23 g of fiber daily
- keep the saturated fats under 11%
- keep cholesterol intake under 240 mg
- keep sodium intake under 2400 mg
- make sure to get all other essential nutrients
Love to dance (started Middle Eastern Dances 4 years ago, currently performing with a local dance troupe), love to keep myself busy (reading, running, hiking, camping, doing hemp stuff, making gemstone jewelry, and much more), love practicing and teaching Reiki.
Mother to a 8 year-old son, wife and best friend to a wonderful man, owner and friend of a beautiful German Shepherd.
Started being a loser :))) about 3 years ago, reached my healthy weight. I'm trying to go even further - now I'm aiming in losing body fat instead of just pounds (my BMI is 21.5 - normal range being 18.5 - 24.9).
Seemed like my motivation was playing tricks on me, going up and down a lot, so I miraculously discovered SP and got my boost for keeping on going 'till reaching my goal!
******I'm a 5'8''
*******HOW did I get down FROM a 29.8% BF - 175 lb, size 14:
- followed the food pyramid and practiced the equilibrium theory
- started running
- stayed in the typical percentages of macronutriens:
**Typical Percentages: Fat 20-35%, Carbohydrates 45-65%, and Protein 10-35%.**
- kept track of macro & micro nutrients on a rigorous daily basis
- quit smoking (January 2005, when I started losing)
******* I am not a huge fan of low carbing for weight loss, I'm low-carb-ing NOW because I reached my happy and healthy weight and I'm working on getting down my BF% in the athletic range.
Remember: HARD WORK PAYS OFF, even though it may take a while, even though sometimes it seems like we're going nowhere, sooner or later... hard work always and always and always pays off!!!!
- to get down by 6% of BF
- to race a 5K, and run a 10K
- to keep on giving Reiki treatments on a regular basis
- to get the CanFitPro Personal Trainer Certification **DONE**
- to get the Nutrition and Wellness Specialist Certification **DONE**
- get Zumba Instructor licensed **DONE**
- Zumba: at least 4 X week (teach 2 classes/week at the moment)
- strength (incl. weight lifting): 3-4x week
- a bit of cardio (running, power walking on max. incline)
- nutrition wise:
* 40% good fat, 30% carb, 30% protein
I like books, absolutely love reading! I'm a movies addict, I love scarves, photography, traveling, hemp work, making gemstone jewelry, I love classical music, I adore dancing, hiking, camping, volunteering... and sooooo much more
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| current weight: 135.0