Hello, I'm Dee and I need to lose weight. (Jeez, that sounds like the intro you'd give in a 12-step group! Which is probably not inappropriate.) I live in Southern California, I'm 66 as of January 2013, I'm a Mom and Grandmom, I'm on disability due to a stroke, I take a bunch of prescriptions to control my hypertension, and I belatedly decided I need to get healthy, which is why I'm here.
Thought for the Day:
For last year's words belong to last year's language. And next year's words await another voice. And to make an end is to make a beginning. ~ T.S. Eliot
- Live in each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influence of the earth. ~ Henry David Thoreau
- Start from wherever you are now; don't worry about the past because you can't change it anyway.
-I was never beautiful, so I'm not unbeautiful.
..Christine Baranski, actress; quoted in More magazine.
-Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out. -- John Wooden
- Sometimes the kindest thing you can do for somebody is to let them do something for you.
-Always include chocolate!
-It is what it is.
- En boca cerrada, no entran moscas. ( Semi-literal translation: In a closed mouth no flies can enter. In my own words, aimed mostly at myself, if you keep silent you won't get yourself into so much trouble. Also: If you keep your mouth shut you can't put food into it.)
- Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug. - MaryChapin Carpenter
-Illigitimi non carborundum (loosely translated: don't let the b@#$%$ds wear you down.) - Anonymous
The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough.
~ Rabindranath Tagore
Reduce my high blood pressure and the rx's that go with it.
Stay as mobile and flexible as possible.
Write or blog something every day.
Wear a smaller size.
Live forever. (OK, maybe not so much.)
Cutting calories and eating less processed food, salt, sugar and fats. Swimming whenever the weather permits and the pool is warm enough.
Cardio exercise six days a week.
I'm originally from Ohio, have lived in the Washington DC area, then in Denver, now in California. I still miss all those places I used to live, but I love living where I will never have to drive anywhere in a snowstorm again.
| current weight: 193.1