BLC 23 Amber Amazon Warriors Team !!
Go Sunny Gals !!!
I have 18 pics in my gallery
Hi there! I joined Spark in July 2012 shortly after my 40th birthday and after reading the book “Change Anything”. This book highlights the importance of making use of multiple sources of influence to make any kind of change in your life, including weight loss. This involves things like engaging in challenges or competitions to keep motivated, tapping into social support, etc. So, it looked like SparkPeople would be a good tool to use, and I can say that has definitely been the case. I am ...
Hi there! I joined Spark in July 2012 shortly after my 40th birthday and after reading the book “Change Anything”. This book highlights the importance of making use of multiple sources of influence to make any kind of change in your life, including weight loss. This involves things like engaging in challenges or competitions to keep motivated, tapping into social support, etc. So, it looked like SparkPeople would be a good tool to use, and I can say that has definitely been the case. I am now well on my way to meeting my goals. For the first time I believe I can permanently get off the yo-yo diet and exercise roller coaster I had been on for too many years, and will be able to not only reach but actually maintain my health and fitness goals.
When I’m not working (I love my job but it involves way too many hours sitting in front of a computer), or spending time with my husband and our dogs, I am involved in the volunteer fire service, and so increasing strength, stamina, and energy while avoiding injury are all very important to me. I am looking for new workout ides to keep me motivated. I prefer video routines using free weights.
- 34 pounds lost (2/3 of the way towards my goal)
- Run a 5K - DONE Sept 2nd (34:41)
- Finish “Rock It” 3Q12 challenge (target 188) - DONE - target weight met Sept
- Do well at live burns & other FD training:
+++Sept 29th (bail out training) DONE - 2nd floor jumps (on belay) - 9 times - 6 on air and 3 of those blindfolded. Yay!!
+++ Oct 5th (work fire brigade burn) DONE !
+++ Oct 20th DONE (district live burn)
- Run SP virtual 5K - DONE Oct (30:18)
- Run local Turkey Trot 5K - DONE Nov (30:29)
| current weight: 178.0
Interact with FIREFLY4407
Member Since: 7/3/2012
Fitness Minutes: 12,255
Overall weight goals and rewards (Start 7/2012 208):
- Lose 10 lbs (198): (DONE – Aug 2012)
- Lose 10% from start weight (187): (DONE - Sept 2012)
- Lose 30 lbs (178): (DONE - Nov 2012)
- Lose 10% from 187 (168) - Healthy BMI (DONE - Feb 2013)
- Reach high end of maintenance range (159)
- Reach target (155): New work clothes & tattoo
Other Goals – 2013
- Finish “Falling for Fitness” Challenge (target 168; actual 168) Done Feb 2013
- Finish "Spring into Action" Challenge (target 155) Done June 2013, missed target
- Finish "Season of the Beast" Challenge (target 155)
- Maintain SparkStreaks
- Run at least two 5K races. Work towards time of 25:29. (Current PB is 28:38)
~ Race 1: DONE 27Apr 29:04
- Good health statistics and stress test results at annual FD physical - DONE Mar 2013
- Do well at live burns and other FD training
~ District Burn DONE May 2013
- Do a stair climb event DONE July 2013 (NFFF 110 flights)
Keep in mind: Diet trumps exercise. You can't out-exercise a bad diet. Measure and track food!!!
- Jogging at least twice a week
- Run / walk interval training at least once a week
- Strength / Circuit training (like TacFit Firefighter, Jari Love, Jillian Michael’s, or Supreme90 DVDs) 3-4 times a week
- Stairs training at least twice a week
- Yoga once a week
- Would like to be able to do pull ups...
- Eat a balanced diet
- Track food and fitness consistently
- Drink 8 cups of water daily
- Avoid caffeine
- Consistently get a good nights sleep
- Practice gratitude
- Observe Mindful eating
- Reject all or nothing thinking
- Be in the "now" with whatever I'm doing
- Make Sparkpeople connections
I am a data geek. My Myers-Briggs profile is ISTJ. I love the challenge of being a volunteer firefighter. I also enjoy baking, reading, riding ATV's, and doing Charles Wysocki jigsaw puzzles.
Thanks to Spark, I am a proud Sunny Gal !!!
"Chance favors only the prepared mind".
- Louis Pasteur
"If you can not measure it, you can not improve it".
- Lord Kelvin
My Community Journal: