Progress...The journey continues in 2016...
1/1/16: I Thank God for the progress in 2015...The journey continues...
6-16-15 I am still sparking and come on occasionally. I have been trying to pay more attention to losing weight. I just don't have a great deal of time to be on the computer but I just want to encourage everyone to keep up the great work! Set goals. Take Action. You can only start from where you are.
1-18-14 At Christmas, I started on this journey again. I am going to do this THIS year. Most of my 2014 goals have to do with becoming a "better" me. I'M LOOKING FOR SPARKFRIENDS. I will need the support. Thanks and Blessings to everyone.
8-10-13: Starting Over. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. With You, I can do this!
*****Received a challenge from a friend to lose 10 lbs over the holidays. To be above the norm. So if I do that, I will be a breaker...in the hundreds at 196. Here I go.....*****
I am beginning day 1 of the 100 Day Challenge. I will be attempting to exercise for 100 days straight. I think this challenge will be a great motivator for me. Day one.
21. At any given moment you have the power to say this is not how the story ends. However, saying is one thing, you must also change your actions to change the direction of the story. The best stories involve people who undergo a dramatic internal change which manifest externally.
20. "Comparison is the Thief of Joy"~Theodore Roosevelt.
Saw this on someone's page. The quote really does help me not to compare my weight loss journey to anyone else. There are a lot of motivating people out there; however, my weight loss is personal. As long as I don't give up and I am seeing progress, that's a good thing. Onward!!!
19. Sometimes results are not evident at first. Under the surface is budding the rose of success.
18. I'm DONE saying I'll start over tomorrow & knowing "tomorrow" will never come
I'm DONE waiting for tomorrow
1. Know WHAT/HOW much you eat
2. Shut up and sweat � you have to WORK it off
3. Do it every single day � make it a lifestyle
16. Everyday you wake up you must ask yourself the question, "What will I believe today?" don't choose to believe bad things about yourself. Expect the best out of yourself. Get the best out of yourself!
15. Don't sit around thinking bad thoughts. Think what you want to think. Think good thoughts about yourself, about other people, and about life. --Joyce Meyer
14. I don't know what the key to success is, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody. ---Bill Cosby
13. I will remember to have a good attitude during tough times.
12."A tree with strong roots can withstand the most violent storm. But a tree cannot grow roots just as the storm appears on the horizon." -HH The Dalai Lama
11. Don't be easily offended...Sometimes people don't know they are not thinking. Be kind.
10. " People who fail to achieve their goals usually get stopped by frustration. They allow frustration to keep them from taking the necessary actions that would support them in achieving their desire. You get through this roadblock by plowing through frustration, taking each setback as feedback you can learn from, and pushing ahead. I doubt you'll find many successful people who have not experienced this. All successful people learn that success is buried on the other side of frustration. ~ " Unknown
9. "Someone who is busier than you is exercising right now."
8. Unhappiness has a greater price. Live the kind of life that excites you to get out of bed in the morning, one of color and joy. This is my goal. I am not there yet but it is my destination.
7. I'VE GOT AN ATTITUDE. Attitude is a MINDSET that takes precedence over all other facts. Attitude affects my altitude. I can change my attitude. I can be positive in my thoughts about my life. I don't have to accept failure as the norm. It is only failure if I stay down. I'm up and I am alive. "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." This is what my MINDSET is set on. I'VE GOT AN ATTITUDE.
6. As I think about myself in my heart, this is what I become. Today, I see myself kind, caring, and positively engaged with others. To day I see myself meeting my goals (physical, financial, personal). I see.... possibilities.
5. Replacing important things in your life with work only causes anxiety to build up--not to mention that it takes the joy out of life. Stay focused on people you love and encourage them. Don'f focus on task that drain you and others of precious time.
4. The greatest good you can do for another is not just to share your riches but to reveal to him/her his/her own.
- Benjamin Disraeli, British statesman
3. Everything you do makes a difference. Even if you're not on the front lines leading the effort, you have a contribution to make. Without your contribution, no matter how small, so many other things would never happen. The world needs what you have to offer. You have no idea how the simplest of your everyday actions can effect your child, and even people you've never met (your family, too). Chances are, you'll never know. But if you're looking for a purpose to work toward, all you need is the desire and the right perspective. Define yourself as your task, and that's all you'll ever be. Define yourself as your contribution to your family (you mean a great deal), and suddenly you're a very important part of a bigger picture. The biggest pictures are the ones where there's room for everyone to be seen. "
2. Life is not about how to survive the storm but about how to dance in the rain.
1. Should you find yourself at a loss, wondering what life is all about and what your purpose is, be thankful. There are those who didn't live long enough to get the opportunity to wonder.
I want to develop this discipline. Once I have this down, I will add another goal. (6/22/2015) I think I have this area going now.
Time to add another goal:
I have been sugar free (no cookies, cakes, etc) for 2 weeks now. Heading into my 3rd week. I would like to keep this going.
I would also like to take an evening walk at least 3 times a week. It really helps me sleep better.
Right now I am focusing on just exercise. My goal is to keep moving. I want to do something everyday. Exercise, Exercise, Exercise. (6/22/2015) This is going well.
I need to continue controlling my portions. I am using containers to control my portions. This is working well for me.
My personal goal is to lose 10 lbs at a time. When I started I weighed less and have gained several lbs due to an illness. I am back and ready for change.
Goal: 212lb--I'm Done, Girl!
Goal: 201lb --I'm Done, Girl (7-30-15)
Goal: 199 (Hello, wonderland) I'm Done, Girl! (8-3-15)
Goal: 192 lb
Goal: 182 lb
Goal: 172 lb
Goal: 162 lb
I am making my goal "slow and steady." As long as I am losing consistently, then I am ok and on track. I would like to be at my goal weight by December 2015.
This user doesn't have any public blog entries.
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| current weight: 206.0
Hi my Beautiful Spark Friends, here is our new mantra:
Today I am shedding pounds as I shred my self-doubt,
Day in and day out, I develop the habits of healthy eating,
Today I am transforming my body into calorie-burning machine,
The more I exercise, the better I feel and the better I feel the more I exercise!
1 day ago
I am fit! I am healthy! I am strong!
My life is what I make of it and today I choose to make it healthy place to be.
15 days ago
Here is a New Daily Mantra!! Post it Where you Can see it....
Pound by pound, inch by inch, choice by choice We will become healthy and fit!
We struggle, but we grow. We fall, We will get up. Even amid adversity, We keep moving towards our goal weight.
Today our portion size is shrinking and so is our waistlines.
Today we are beautiful, We are fit, We are healthy; and more so every day!
Today We are making the right choices and the right changes to have the body We want!
Thanks for stopping by!!
17 days ago
Did you know that you can do squats over your toilet, using it for support for those with bad knees, even leg extensions or reach side to side stretching your arms? Just be sure to close the lid. What is so great about this you can do this any time you go into your bathroom at anytime to keep the movement going even in between clean ups. Keep a couple of hand weights in there and do a little strength training!! Need some time for yourself, hide out in your powder room. Do a little stretching and Keep on Moving!!
20 days ago
What you Dare to Dream, Dare to Achieve and All things are Possible through Christ Jesus!
24 days ago