Progress...The journey continues in 2016...
1/1/16: I Thank God for the progress in 2015...The journey continues...
6-16-15 I am still sparking and come on occasionally. I have been trying to pay more attention to losing weight. I just don't have a great deal of time to be on the computer but I just want to encourage everyone to keep up the great work! Set goals. Take Action. You can only start from where you are.
1-18-14 At Christmas, I started on this journey again. I am going to do this THIS year. Most of my 2014 goals have to do with becoming a "better" me. I'M LOOKING FOR SPARKFRIENDS. I will need the support. Thanks and Blessings to everyone.
8-10-13: Starting Over. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. With You, I can do this!
*****Received a challenge from a friend to lose 10 lbs over the holidays. To be above the norm. So if I do that, I will be a breaker...in the hundreds at 196. Here I go.....*****
I am beginning day 1 of the 100 Day Challenge. I will be attempting to exercise for 100 days straight. I think this challenge will be a great motivator for me. Day one.
21. At any given moment you have the power to say this is not how the story ends. However, saying is one thing, you must also change your actions to change the direction of the story. The best stories involve people who undergo a dramatic internal change which manifest externally.
20. "Comparison is the Thief of Joy"~Theodore Roosevelt.
Saw this on someone's page. The quote really does help me not to compare my weight loss journey to anyone else. There are a lot of motivating people out there; however, my weight loss is personal. As long as I don't give up and I am seeing progress, that's a good thing. Onward!!!
19. Sometimes results are not evident at first. Under the surface is budding the rose of success.
18. I'm DONE saying I'll start over tomorrow & knowing "tomorrow" will never come
I'm DONE waiting for tomorrow
1. Know WHAT/HOW much you eat
2. Shut up and sweat � you have to WORK it off
3. Do it every single day � make it a lifestyle
16. Everyday you wake up you must ask yourself the question, "What will I believe today?" don't choose to believe bad things about yourself. Expect the best out of yourself. Get the best out of yourself!
15. Don't sit around thinking bad thoughts. Think what you want to think. Think good thoughts about yourself, about other people, and about life. --Joyce Meyer
14. I don't know what the key to success is, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody. ---Bill Cosby
13. I will remember to have a good attitude during tough times.
12."A tree with strong roots can withstand the most violent storm. But a tree cannot grow roots just as the storm appears on the horizon." -HH The Dalai Lama
11. Don't be easily offended...Sometimes people don't know they are not thinking. Be kind.
10. " People who fail to achieve their goals usually get stopped by frustration. They allow frustration to keep them from taking the necessary actions that would support them in achieving their desire. You get through this roadblock by plowing through frustration, taking each setback as feedback you can learn from, and pushing ahead. I doubt you'll find many successful people who have not experienced this. All successful people learn that success is buried on the other side of frustration. ~ " Unknown
9. "Someone who is busier than you is exercising right now."
8. Unhappiness has a greater price. Live the kind of life that excites you to get out of bed in the morning, one of color and joy. This is my goal. I am not there yet but it is my destination.
7. I'VE GOT AN ATTITUDE. Attitude is a MINDSET that takes precedence over all other facts. Attitude affects my altitude. I can change my attitude. I can be positive in my thoughts about my life. I don't have to accept failure as the norm. It is only failure if I stay down. I'm up and I am alive. "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." This is what my MINDSET is set on. I'VE GOT AN ATTITUDE.
6. As I think about myself in my heart, this is what I become. Today, I see myself kind, caring, and positively engaged with others. To day I see myself meeting my goals (physical, financial, personal). I see.... possibilities.
5. Replacing important things in your life with work only causes anxiety to build up--not to mention that it takes the joy out of life. Stay focused on people you love and encourage them. Don'f focus on task that drain you and others of precious time.
4. The greatest good you can do for another is not just to share your riches but to reveal to him/her his/her own.
- Benjamin Disraeli, British statesman
3. Everything you do makes a difference. Even if you're not on the front lines leading the effort, you have a contribution to make. Without your contribution, no matter how small, so many other things would never happen. The world needs what you have to offer. You have no idea how the simplest of your everyday actions can effect your child, and even people you've never met (your family, too). Chances are, you'll never know. But if you're looking for a purpose to work toward, all you need is the desire and the right perspective. Define yourself as your task, and that's all you'll ever be. Define yourself as your contribution to your family (you mean a great deal), and suddenly you're a very important part of a bigger picture. The biggest pictures are the ones where there's room for everyone to be seen. "
2. Life is not about how to survive the storm but about how to dance in the rain.
1. Should you find yourself at a loss, wondering what life is all about and what your purpose is, be thankful. There are those who didn't live long enough to get the opportunity to wonder.
I want to develop this discipline. Once I have this down, I will add another goal. (6/22/2015) I think I have this area going now.
Time to add another goal:
I have been sugar free (no cookies, cakes, etc) for 2 weeks now. Heading into my 3rd week. I would like to keep this going.
I would also like to take an evening walk at least 3 times a week. It really helps me sleep better.
Right now I am focusing on just exercise. My goal is to keep moving. I want to do something everyday. Exercise, Exercise, Exercise. (6/22/2015) This is going well.
I need to continue controlling my portions. I am using containers to control my portions. This is working well for me.
My personal goal is to lose 10 lbs at a time. When I started I weighed less and have gained several lbs due to an illness. I am back and ready for change.
Goal: 212lb--I'm Done, Girl!
Goal: 201lb --I'm Done, Girl (7-30-15)
Goal: 199 (Hello, wonderland) I'm Done, Girl! (8-3-15)
Goal: 192 lb
Goal: 182 lb
Goal: 172 lb
Goal: 162 lb
I am making my goal "slow and steady." As long as I am losing consistently, then I am ok and on track. I would like to be at my goal weight by December 2015.
This user doesn't have any public blog entries.
| current weight: 206.0
Don’t completely eliminate foods that you actually LOVE.
Chances are that if you completely cut out foods you absolutely love, you’ll spring back into old eating habits pretty quickly. Unless your doctor informs you of a health condition that requires food elimination, or unless you choose to eliminate a food for personal reasons, let go of the idea of “bad” foods and learn to enjoy them in moderation instead. Pasta? Rice? A piece of chocolate cake? Enjoying these once in a while won’t derail all of your hard work and they aren’t “unhealthy” in proper portions. It is all about portion control...
Things do get a bit tricky with this “don’t” though. You have to figure out the best method of non-elimination for you. For example, if you keep your favorite food in the house and know you aren’t able to control how much you eat, then don’t keep it in the house. Instead, enjoy it only when you go out.
1 day ago
Do you need to wait to feel hungry before eating? Worst Diet Advice: 'Only Eat When Hungry'
Why you shouldn’t let hunger drive your dietary decisions . Don't believe it? What happens when you go to the supermarket hungry? Well you shop differently, of course, coming home with items you'd have never purchased on a full stomach. And what happens when you sit down to a meal hungry? Well you're still shopping of course, only this time you're shopping from your plate, your fridge, your cupboards, your freezer, or worst of all, from a menu.
2 days ago
My Dr. is recommending that I eat several smaller meals throughout the day now that I have been diagnosed as having "Hypoglycemia". Instead of eating 3 regular meals and 2 snacks, I would be eating 6 smaller meals through out the day. By eating at regular intervals, my blood sugar levels (and therefore my energy levels) would remain stable. So, instead of having that mid-afternoon crash, I would be full of energy through dinnertime! By eating every few hours (especially if when we chew on fruits and veggies) can also help add extra the nutrition that might be missing from other meals. By cutting out refined sugar, I also cut a lot of fruits that were high in sugar as well. I have recently learned that my body needs this natural sugar. Therefore I have started re-introducing them back into my meal plans as needed. This is helping to restart my metabolism. How many of you know what "Hypoglycemia" is? Could you be suffering from this condition and not know it? I was.
Hypoglycemia : deficiency of glucose ( sugar ) in the bloodstream. Low Blood Sugar.
6 days ago
If you are like me and have had or raised children. Then you know that our kids look to us to set examples for them to follow.
It isn't always easy to do. Especially when it comes to what we eat and fitting in exercise. Most of us lead busy lives and sometimes it isn't easy to fit in regular exercise, but unless you make it a priority, you are risking your child becoming a couch potato and junk food junkie.
So where do we start. We start by taking them shopping with us and teaching them to pick out healthy whole grains, fruit, vegetables and lean meats, poultry or fish.
I have always tried to make my sons part of the process even in the kitchen. When it comes to handling the food that is just as important as knowing how to pick it out if we want it to remain healthy enough to eat. That is why wash, rinse and sanitize is such an important fact to remember when it comes to food prep and handling.
After the shopping is done and everything is put away. Dinner is over with, we have the choice of sitting in front of the tv or going to our rooms and playing video games. Not in my house. We would go for a walk, bike ride or often a hike across the canal in the woods around Peanut Lake. The boys to this day are still very active and even belong to gyms. I am so proud that they take an active roll in their relationships as adults in meal planning and exercise.
Remember that also snack planning is just as important. Not just for the children, but for those of us that want to eat healthy. We can prepare our snacks ahead of time and have them ready to go in a snack bag. This makes snacking healthier and convenient.
So how about you, are there any suggestions that you can think of ?
7 days ago
It's extremely common to hit a plateau at some point during your weight loss journey. Obviously it can be really discouraging when the number on the scale doesn't move. There is good news — We've got some tips to help bust through that plateau and see the number get lower and lower.
1) We need to re-evaluate our caloric needs - as we lose weight, our bodies tend to burn fewer calories at a slower rate, therefore we need to consume fewer calories. You will either need to burn more calories or consume at least 500 less calories per day
2) Getting Back to Basics: Writing down everything we eat in a food journal to make sure we are still on track. Remember portion control is just one key to permanent weight loss.
3) Moving More: Are you still trying to get in those extra movements like you did when you first started losing weight. Once we obtain our weight loss goal, we sometimes slack off on the exercise a bit. And just go to the gym or use our home equipment and forget to park out a little from the grocery store or maybe walk to it if it is close enough.
4) Choosing Fresh Foods over Pre-Packaged: fresh over processed is always best. You know what your putting into your body.
5) Getting in Your Daily Water: Yes that still counts. Make sure you didn't slip back into your old latte' ways and now your adding extra calories by drinking them in. Water is still the best way to go. You can still change things up by adding fresh fruit to the mix.
6) Stress: Stress is always a factor in weight loss and weight gain. It can go either way. So make sure you take some time out for you. Even if it's just a few minutes in the bathroom to relax in the tub. Just lock out the world and do you...You deserve it!
14 days ago