March 2012 - 158.6 - Starting again!
"Getting old is not for sissies." ~ Bette Davis
I have 34 pics in my gallery
My Healthy Weight Loss Journey
Hello! I am back!! (April 14, 2012)
I am a 57 year old female with a very supportive hubby (who eats my cooking and also cooks!), 2 children, 2 step-children and 5 beautiful grandchildren. Also 3 furbabies- two Corgi's and a miniature poodle. I started my weight loss journey on Jauary 3, 2007 at 185.8 pounds. My Goal was reached on Nov. 28, 2007 at 135.6 and had lost 50.2 pounds. The last few years have been pretty stressful and I fell off the clean, healthy life style I was doing. ...
Hello! I am back!! (April 14, 2012)
I am a 57 year old female with a very supportive hubby (who eats my cooking and also cooks!), 2 children, 2 step-children and 5 beautiful grandchildren. Also 3 furbabies- two Corgi's and a miniature poodle. I started my weight loss journey on Jauary 3, 2007 at 185.8 pounds. My Goal was reached on Nov. 28, 2007 at 135.6 and had lost 50.2 pounds. The last few years have been pretty stressful and I fell off the clean, healthy life style I was doing. So I am back again to get back down to my Goal :) I know SparkPeople works!
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers
Starting again. Start weight 158.6 today. Goal 135.0. Need to lose 23.6 pounds!
I am back on track and once again striving to eat totally clean.
Practice mindful eating and exercise. 144.0 at present and need to get back to 135-139 to feel my best. I am still within my maintenance range.
Starting the new Year off right with the New You Boot Camp!
I have maintained my weight at 135-139 pounds for a year!
~How I lost 50 pounds!!
1. I decided in October of 2006 I was going to change my way of eating and it had to be a total change of lifestyle. I decided in January I would start.
2. On Jan. 3rd 2007 I weighed 185.8 pounds. I joined WW. I learned their point system. A few weeks after joining Weight Watchers I found Spark People. So I started counting calories and using all the tools like the tracker and recipe calculator at Spark People.
3. I cleaned out my kitchen of unhealthy foods that same day. I had 4 garbage bags full! This is where READING LABELS came in. I threw away all foods that contained corn syrup solids, hydrologized fats, and other unhealthy content. I restocked the refridgerator and cupboards with lowfat--cheese & maynaise, salad spritz by wish bone instead of dressing. All pastas, crackers breads and cereals high in fiber and wheat were put in place. Only extra lean meats in the freezer. Only oils are virgin olive oil or canola but use very sparingly. Also 'I can't believe its not butter spray' for putting on toast, veggies etc. Also,use olive oil cooking spray for cooking.
4. I learned to READ LABELS and recognize PORTION SIZES. Bought a great set of measuring cups and spoons and a scale.
5. Keep a DAILY LOG! Write everything you eat down. Everything! And write the calories/points along with it.
6. Make sure you drink 8 glasses of water a day.
5 veggies and fruits.
2 good oils.
2 milks or 3 if you're over 50 yrs.
And a multivitamin supplement.
7. Also start a journal and develope GOALS. Examples are:
hip to waist ratio
10% of your weight
Goals are very important. That big weight loss at the end of the tunnel is too hard to see, so you have to break it up in baby steps.
8. BE PREPARED in emergencys. You may get caught off guard and be hungry and not want to wait till you get home to eat healthy. Keep Kashi bars or some other high fiber bar in your purse, just in case. At home prepare large batches of low cal soup and freeze-to have on hand when you are hungry so you don't grab the wrong thing. And lastly--Don't have the wrong things in your house--get rid of them. If they aren't there you won't be tempted.
9. Exercise- Incorporate stretching into your daily routine. You can do this throughout your day. Hit every muscle. Cardio, at least 30 min. a day 3 times a week is recommended. This is anything that raises your heart level and gets your metabolism going. And strength training to build muscle (shrink fat) and strong bones.
10. A support system is very good. You will have good and bad days--this is a total life style change! Ourselves will rebel at times and we need support to keep us on track, motivate us, give us woohoos and be there to tell us it's ok when we mess up. Here at SparkPeople there are many teams that are great for support. I don't think I would have made it without the support of my Team Mates.
So join a team and use all the tools offered here at Sparks, especially use your points page daily.
**Remember, Healthy weight loss is
**Healthy weight loss goal of no more than 2 pounds a week is recommended to make it a healthy life style and keep it off.
.•*´¨ ) ¸.•*¨) -:¦:-
GUINEFORT the greyhound belonged to a knight who lived in a castle near Lyon. One day, the knight went hunting, leaving his infant son in the care of Guinefort. When he returned, he found the nursery in chaos - the cot was overturned, the child was nowhere to be seen and Guinefort greeted his master with bloody jaws. Believing Guinefort to have devoured his son, the knight slew the dog. He then heard a child crying; he turned over the cot and found his son lying there, safe and sound, along with the body of a viper. Guinefort had killed the snake and saved the child. On realising the mistake the family dropped the dog down a well, covered it with stones and planted trees around it, setting up a shrine for Guinefort. Guinefort became recognised by locals as a saint for the protection of infants.
My statistics from my 50 pound weight loss in 2007:
~135.6 Lost 50.2 pounds since 1/3/07 (Ideal: 116-146)
~BMI: 23.2 Lost 8.8 points since 1/3/07 (Normal below 25)
1. Achieved 1st 10% goal 167.6 on Mar. 28!
2. Achieved 2nd 10% goal 149 on 7/13!
3. *3rd 10% goal at 135.0, 8.4 pounds away.
4. Achieved: 1st BMI goal of 31 (started at 32)
5. Achieved: 2nd BMI goal at 30 at 175.8 on 02/07
6. Achieved: 3rd BMI goal at 29 at 170.6 on 03/08.
7. Achieved 4th BMI goal of 28 at 163.2 on 04/18.
8. Achieved 5th BMI goal: of 27 at 156.8 on 05/30.
9. Achieved 6th BMI goal: of 26 at 150.8 on 06/28.
10. Achieved 7th BMI Goal of 25 at 145.6 on 08/02
11. Acheived 8th BMI goal of 24 at 142 on 9/5
12. *Need to achieve BMI of 23, 0.2 away.
13. Achieved WW lifetime status of 145 pounds on 08/02/07.
14. November 28th achieved loss of 50.2 -my personal goal!
*Total lost: 52.8.! as of Nov. 30, 2007
| current weight: 157.4
Member Since: 2/4/2007
Fitness Minutes: 47,560
"I want to be the person that my dog thinks I am" ~~Unknown
1. Lose 23.6 pounds.
2. BMI Down-
3. Lose inches-and become more muscular and leaner.
1. Log my calories and exercise. Chart in journal am & pm my goals for the day.
2.Practice Mindful eating.Eat cleaner and concentrate on he benefit of healthy foods and supplements.
a. 8 waters
b. 5 fruits/vegs
c. 1 multivitamin
d. 2 good oils
e. 3 milk products
3. Stay on the low end of my calorie/point range each day.
4. Mindful exercise-Plan!
**Cardio 3 X a week.
**Strength 3 X a week.
Spark exercises with:
2 times a day, 7 days a week. (Upper and lower)
"For with God, nothing shall be impossible" - Luke 1:37
"The man who removes a mountain, begins by carrying away small stones"
"Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain."