Hi, I'm Chris, and I live in western Victoria, Australia. I'm 59 and have been a yoyo dieter for as long as I can remember.
Over the past months I knew the weight was creeping back on again, but chose to ignore it, just kept telling myself life is too short to have to watch every single thing I eat.
Reality kicked in a few weeks ago - constant shortness of breath, constant extreme tiredness, falling asleep whenever I sat down... after a range of tests I discovered I now have high blood pressure and some minor heart problems, to add to the osteoarthritis in major joints of my body, which has already made it impossible for me to work.
Time to change my life for the better, wake up to reality instead of burying my head in the sand. This time there is no other option if I want to remain independent. This time I MUST take control of my life and my body.
To greet my 60th birthday in October with the following -
- a fitter, healthier body
- lower blood pressure
- a more positive outlook on life
- a stronger belief in my own abilities
- weighing no more than 72kg.
FOR APRIL 2013:
To end the lifelong habit of believing that 'enough' isn't really enough, that a little more will make me feel even better.
Stick with the following -
- follow SP nutrition recommendations daily.
- only serve my meals on/in the entree plate, medium soup bowl or small dessert bowl I have chosen, knowing they will hold 'enough' to fulfill my needs.
- enjoy, not just do, at least 10 minutes of exercise each day, more if possible.
- take time out at least 3 times per week for meditation.
- see these changes as enhancing my life, not restricting it.
Home: Stawell, western Victoria, Australia.
I live with my two dogs and elderly cat, am unable to work because of osteoarthritis in most major joints, along with a few minor ones, and have just recently started knitting again in the hope it will keep my hands and mind too busy to pick between meals, and specially after dinner.
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| current weight: 156.0