Summer 2011, 185
Taken by my nephew, this might be the only body shot I have of myself. 12/30/09
When I run "in the park," this is what I'm looking at. Love the beach!
Do you want to know a secret? The first time I used SparkPeople, I went from 246 pounds to 185 pounds. I owned size 8 jeans. This program, like most programs, works if you WORK it!
And I am choosing work it HARD.
Start Weight: 255
"Why would you choose failure when success is an option?" -JM
Things I didn't realize about losing weight:
1) You will need to buy new underwear.
2) Winters are a LOT colder when you're not insulated.
3) Some friends might not like a fit you -- they weren't friends to begin with.
4) As soon as you say "I can't," you're right.
5) On the other hand, if you say "I can," you are also correct.
6) If you can go two weeks, you can go a month.
7) The food you think you love actually doesn't taste as good as you remember it tasting.
8) Sparkfriends have GOT YOUR BACK!
9) Inspiration comes from everywhere.
10) Sweating is empowering.
11) Food is not "evil" or "naughty." It's just food -- you're assigning the value system. Stop demonizing things.
12) If you need to cry or swear during a workout, do it.
13) Have faith. One hour/meal/day does NOT break you!
14) Breathe. Breathe loud. Dragon breath! You're FIERCE!
15) Eat a green thing every day.
16) Okay, I totally stole 15 from the movie "Dazed and Confused."
17) Make a soundtrack. Have a theme song. (Right now, mine is "Apache" by the Incredible Bongo Band. No, really.)
18) At first, you might feel like 8-10 glasses of water is ridiculous, but keep drinking. It becomes habit soon enough.
19) Don't be afraid to get all Maxine Nightingale and get back to where you started from. Recoup, regroup, and push forward.
20) ASK FOR HELP.
21) RuPaul says it best: If you can't love yourself, how in the hell are you gonna love somebody else?! Take time for you! You are important!
I plan on getting back to 180 pounds. AGAIN. Because if you can do something once, you can do it again.
Drink your WATER and do your WORKOUT because you're WORTHY.
Goal #1: 250 (-5): 1/25!!!!
Goal #2: 245 (-5):
Goal #3: 240 (-5):
Goal #4: 238 (-2):
Goal #5: 235 (-3):
Goal #6: 232 (-2):
Goal #7: 229 (-3):
Goal #8: 225 (-4):
I walk. I run. I dance this mess around.
Limit processed, love whole.
Keep a journal.
Eat when you're hungry, sleep when you're tired.
I'm a scientist most of the time, a student all of the time, and I really like rocks.
Shamrock Run, Buffalo, NY 8K 3/5/11 Time: 1:17.
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| current weight: 248.0