A feel good thought--go me!!!
weight loss 40 pounds!!!Jan 2015
Shared Food & Fitness Trackers
Vision statement: To live a long life, to look and feel better around others and feel better about myself, to make long term changes to have a more productive and enjoyable life. I can do this by being more active physically through exercise activities and opportunities like bike riding , swimming, and walking nature trails. Visit parks and walk at a pace where my heart rate isn't going wacky, having a sexy body and remembering, "...the body is the temple of the Lord...". Also, to learn not to be self-critical when things go wrong but to pick up the pieces and move on. To remember laughter and venture in the great outdoors to lift spirits, to find hobbies that promote healthy habits and to seek comforts outside of food. Most of all, celebrate life and embrace its treasures.
To track and stay within calorie limits.
Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.
Read the Bible each day.
Get 10+ fitness minutes a day.
Read inspirational quotes each day.
try to exercise(cardio) at least 30 minutes a day--if I get more then I'm ahead. walk or do a low-impact aerobic workout.
go on nutrition page-track calories on a self-made plan guideline of what I have in the fridge and cabinets. Eat lots of fruits and vegetables
Do not skip meals-weakness
Drink plenty of water more than eight glasses to curb appetite.
weigh in at least 1x a week
I'm a mother of two adult children and its difficult to feed everybody an individual meal--I'm always busy and sometimes find it hard to maintain fitness and dietary levels but so far so good-
I've been working on self-help books dealing with weight loss
Also, writing a journal to keep track of weight loss journey--including successes and upsets
would like to be thin again but will take a long time to get back to that--positive note: will give me a long time to establish good habits
dreams to ride a bicycle again without the tires going flat and to run a marathon of some sort
April 29 2010-285 lbs.
May 12 278 lbs.
June 20 267 lbs.
gained some and lost some throughout 2010
Jan 1 2010 279 lbs.
April 15 2011 283 lbs. I fell but need to get back up again It has been a year and I gained some and lost some but I need to get back on to learning this new life with spark. It has helped but really am looking for extra motivation.
Oct 8 2013 281 lbs began again.
Nov 11 2013 269.2 lbs.
Nov 25 264.5 lbs. Goal1 met perfume from bath and body works. Check
all in one month!!!
weigh 267.5 in june2014
261.5 october 2014
259 Jan 7 2015
259 aug 2015 at least I haven't gained
My Community Journal:
I really need to make a change.
Secrets of Success
| current weight: 251.0
Fire up those Sneakers and Fall in Love with Walking and You Can Walk Your Way to a Healthier, Slimmer You!!
5 days ago
Risk - Anais Nin
And then the day came,
when the risk
to remain tight
in a bud
was more painful
than the risk
5 days ago
H e l l o Melissa :)
9 days ago
Thanks for the blog comment! I'm definitely trying!
14 days ago
If you or anyone you know are having trouble tracking or are stuck in a plateau, then please read this or share it with your spark friends.
Remember attaining weight loss is possible and permanent weight loss is absolutely doable. If you are will to start changing your life and lifestyle one habit at a time. After all that is how we learned how to talk, walk, dress, bathe and eat. Was one step at a time. Our Mothers and fathers were very good at teaching us what they knew.
But, most of them did not know what healthy eating was. Not really. Nothing like a dietician would know. So remember when starting out you want to set up small attainable goals. Even if you are having trouble anywhere in your weight loss journey, you may just want to take a step back and look at where you are actually at.
Here are a few questions to ask yourself:
1) Are you where you want to be?
2) Are you losing weight?
3) Are you really tracking everything that you eat?
4) Are you being completely honest with yourself?
5) Are you setting realistic goals?
6) Are you drinking your daily water?
7) Are you eating at least 2 fruits daily?
8) Are you eating at least 3 vegetables daily?
9) Are you getting at least 10+ minutes of exercise daily?
10) Are you getting any me time? This is the most important one.......
Drinking 8 cups of water.....every day is very important to stay hydrated.
• Eating at least 2 fruits and at least 3 vegetables every day will help keep you full longer and ensure that you are getting enough fiber
• Not eating in front of the TV....you do not want to be distracted, enjoy your meal and put down your fork or spoon between every bite, while sipping water. It takes at least 20 minutes to ensure the brain starts to signal the stomach that you are getting full.
• No soda or sweet drinks....you will want to cut out as much refined sugar as possible, lowering your risk of diabetes.
• Eat breakfast every morning: This is the most important meal of the day, you need at least 300 - 400 calories to start your day and get your metabolism reeved up for the day.
• No candy, cake, potato chips or other high carb junk food, instead try a piece of fresh fruit, granola, veggie slices or nuts. Sometimes even a glass of water can keep hunger at bay. Try it infused with slices of fruit or veggies.
And if you are stuck in a plateau, try mixing up your exercise routine. A strength training program, with some cardio and walking the pounds away may be just what the doctor ordered. Talk it out with a trainer, a dietician, your doctor or weight loss buddy may also be an answer too.
Just do what it takes for you..... what works for one, may not work for you.
I love all of you and want each one of you to be successful in your journies! KEEP ON SPARKIN'
15 days ago