My workout buddy!
Sept 2006 - I look preggers here!
My love and I @ a Dodger game 08/10/2013
Shared Food & Fitness Trackers
KITTYROXX is a SparkPeople Motivator!
Hi! My name is Annie and here is my deal:
• I’m 33!
• I’ve Sparked for five years
• I’ve lost a lot of weight!
• But gained it all back :(
• A multiple occurrence in 5 years
• So after straying... again
• I’m back to recommit
• With all the weight I gained along with it.
• I need SP for accountability, because:
• I am darn good at losing weight, but
• I am darn awful at keeping it off.
• I am pretty good with workouts, but
• I am awesome at eating everything in sight.
• I love, love, LOVE food.
• I love, love, LOVE sugar even more.
• Turns out, I’m an addict (of sugar).
• So I’m fighting the addiction.
• (there is no "moderation" for me)
• Recovery says: I will manage the addiction,
• But there is no beating it.
• I accept that.
• I want to be strong again
• I want to lift heavy things around the house
• I miss running.
• Hmm, another half maybe in Jan 2014?
• But I will I need to get fit again
• And lose some poundage.
• But I am wiser now!
• Wiser meaning: focus on health more than vanity.
• (Tho I won’t turn down a cuter bod)
• (Or a firmer butt)
• (Or shapely thighs)
• (Or ... oops. Think health, Annie, HEALTH!)
• I want to blog daily.
• I want to share my eats – good and bad.
• I want to show my workouts
• And announce which ones I missed
• (Because I loooove to sleep in)
• More news: I got a dog!
• He's got 8 lbs to lose (per his vet)
• We will be running together
• And eating broccoli together
• And cutting down on treats together.
• (doggy loves to sleep and eat like his mama)
• Will you join me?
• Will you cheer me on?
• I need you.
• Let’s do this together.
P.S. I deleted all the "after" pictures from my years at Spark because they made me sad. It's time to start and create *new* after pics, yeah!
Weight: I feel my absolute best when I weigh anywhere from 105-109 lbs. My knees, shins and bottoms of my feet are less sore and I feel much more energetic. And speaking of running, I can shave at last two minutes off my 5k time – which means burning saving time in my workout. All wins here!
Strength: It’s important to me that I build my strength back, not only for health reasons (i.e. stronger bones and body pain), but it’s just so much easier to be independent around the house and lifting an impressive weight while shopping at Costco. I am also looking to build ab strength because I am a clumsy klutz who constantly trips! And lastly, strong muscles just enable you to live your life more, like walk miles upon miles – particularly useful when one of your annual travels include traipsing around Manhattan.
Mental Acuity: Being at a healthy weight means I can move more efficiently while exercising. Exercising means my mind will be too tired to wander in the evening and I will crave sleep. Sleeping means I wake up refreshed, clear-minded and ready to take on the day. Once I get into a cycle of healthy living, I feel like I can tackle every challenge thrown towards me. By gaining control in one part of my life, I create momentum towards success. When I’m off the cycle, parts of my life start to suffer, I lose momentum and that's when it starts to feel like my life is spinning out of control. Getting on the healthy track again for me is always the first step towards taking a hold of my destiny again.
As for when I hope to accomplish this, my ultimate goal is to be healthy again and not to fit into a dress, so I won’t be putting a time limit on this. There will be weeks I will gain and there will be weeks I will lose. I know for a fact that I WILL fall off the wagon and guess what – I AM OKAY WITH THAT! For me, the most important part of the journey is trusting myself to get back on track. Actually that’s one thing I realize now that I’m very good at: I fall off the track quite often, but I can always count on myself to get back on, and to me, that is more important than attaining any goal. =D
Cardio 5 days a week with my dog
Stretch every day!
Blog and log everything I eat
Concentrate on only ONE health-related goal a month
As of: 07/26/2013
* Weigh 105-109 lbs
* Run 3 mi straight
(as of 07/26/2013)
Goal caloric burn: 1200 kcal/week
Sat/Sun: 2 hikes w/DH and dog or 1 big hike with DH
M-F: 4x/week cardio with dog
* 1000-1300 calories a day (sounds little, but I am only 5'0 tall w/a BMR of around 1100)
I also blog here:
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| current weight: 123.0
Congrats on your fitness minutes! Keep Sparking!
883 days ago
Looking good! Glad you are still at it! Do you know that you must turn something so that people who go to write you a comment here can what what they are writing? Hope you have a great day!
905 days ago
How are you with your goals? Hope all is well!
1028 days ago
Just wanted to say HI! I have to get back with the program--I am getting married this year, so I definitely have some goals! :D Hope you are doing great!
1044 days ago
Hi there! I see it has been a while since you have blogged, so I hope all is well! I miss you! Take care!
1195 days ago