This is a postcard that was given to me as a gift while I was in Japan. It has so much meaning to me
Shared Food & Fitness Trackers
Hi, my name is Sara, I've never really had a problem with being overweight as far as appearances go. ( don't get me wrong. it does sometimes) my main reasoning is my health though.
God has given me one body and I really need to take better care of it. I want to be able to do more so I can better glorify Him! I'm tired of my weight being a limitation!!!
I have 3 passions...
1. youth ministry, I love doing things with the crazy teenagers in my life, whether it's going to see a movie, a fun trip to go tubing in the snow, or a good round of frisbee golf. Either way, I want to be able to do more with them.
2. Missions, I have spent 3 weeks in Costa Rica, and 10 weeks in Japan. I love traveling and love it more when it's biggest goal is to tell people about the amazing things my Jesus has done for me.
3. The persecuted Church, You might say this goes hand in hand with missions, and I suppose it does to a certain extent... however, I have not yet traveled to a place that faces extreme persecution. I do plan to someday though. I am constantly trying to keep up with Voice of the Martys stuff, and learning all I can about how I can help.
To best describe myself, I would say that I am not myself. I have died. The life I live has nothing to do with me any longer. My life belongs to God and him alone. Any attempt to make this body healthier is to make a more able body for Him to work through.
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and gave himself for me.
- lose 136lbs
-Keep it that way
I'm going to LIVE LIFE ON PURPOSE!
My True Pact:
1. Believe what God says about who I am: body, mind, and spirit.
2. Think and speak positively about my body.
3. Stop analyzing and critiqueing other people's physical appearance.
4. Seek balance with eating, exercise, and how I care for myself.
5. Infuse truth into negative conversations about eating, weight, and body shape.
6. Develop inner qualities like kindness, compassion, and integrity.
7. Break free from being self-focused, so I can impact the world as God intended.
8. Trust in God's love for me and communicate that love to others.
I am trying to give myself a little reward for every 10lbs I lose. I don't really plan any of them out I just treat myself to something I want when I get to that point usually for around $10 or less. So far I've got a new set of workout clothes, new underwear, and some new makeup.
I am also putting a certain amount of money aside each time I hit a certain point so I can spoil myself when I hit a big goal. :D
For every 10lbs + $5
every 25lbs +$5
every 34lbs(that's 25% of my weight loss goal) +$5
and then I try to just throw in some extra when I can along with spare change too.
Can't wait to cash it in!
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| current weight: 215.0