Athens, with Peter
front verandah, where we like to have lunch & read
Flags of participating countries at Quebec Winter Carnival
Shared Food & Fitness Trackers
February 1, 2017 - down 31 lbs. Since May 2016; big push to lose final 11 lbs. and reach goal of 150 lbs. Ramping up exercise.
Woo Hoo! Back from train/cruise vacation and down 1.6 lbs. O.9 lbs. to go to reach my goal of 165 by the end of the year... let's set a new goal... 160 lbs. by January 1... I can do it... I WILL do it!
My next goal will be to lose the "final 15" during 2017. I'm gaining confidence that I can do it!
A very special thank you to my Spark Friends for your encouragement, cheering me on, and for the pushes when needed.
I joined Spark People in January, 2011, to lose weight before my son's April wedding.
Since that time, I've lost weight, regained it, lost again... you get the picture. Spark People doesn't offer any magical solutions. It offers good advice on nutrition and exercising. It offers a network of teams, challenges and wonderful friends.
Even though I haven't reached my goal, I believe that Spark People has helped me break the pattern of gaining weight each year. I plan to follow this program for the rest of my life, and to gradually reduce my weight.
My husband and I love to travel, and I want to be able to walk, climb, explore and enjoy new places with him.
- track all food, water and exercise, as follows:
- eat NOTHING directly from the container; e.g., cereal, chips, nuts
- 8 glasses of water/day
- 5 or more fruits and vegetables/day
- lean protein every meal, eating meat, poultry, fish, eggs, cottage cheese, legumes
- eat mindfully, avoiding high sodium foods
- include afternoon and evening snack in daily meal plan
- in the summer, much of my cardiovascular exercise is working in the garden, walking and cycling. In the winter, I swim and use the treadmill
- ST including resistance band, medicine ball, stability ball, floor exercises and free weights
- born 25/09/43 in Nova Scotia, live in Southern Ontario
- wife, mother, mother-in-law, grandmother, friend
- reader, gardener, traveller, volunteer
- cat lover
- active in my church (Anglican)
Weight loss goals:
- 178 lbs. by June 30/16
- 170 lbs. by Sept. 30/16 - actual 167.2 September 18/16
- 164.6 lbs., November 2/16
- 162.4 lbs., November 18/16
- 160 lbs. by Dec. 31/16 - 159.9 lbs. December 9/16!
ACTUAL WEIGHT 1 JAN 2017 = 157.2 lbs. 34.9 lb. loss in 2016!
Long-term goal 150 lbs. by June 30/17
Secrets of Success
| Pounds lost: 33.5
The acting in both films was excellent, but the theme of each was very depressing. I kept looking for ANYTHING positive, but couldn't find it. The scenery in Manchester By The Sea was beautiful. We have friends who live in Beverly, Massachusetts which is in the film and I actually lived in Boston for a summer. I don't want to say too much more in case you do decide to go to either of them but, I also would have a difficult time recommending them. I was thoroughly depressed by the time they were both finished.
If you do go to either one, please let me know what you thought. I still want to see Lion, but we are snowed in this weekend. Of the movies I have seen so far, Hidden Figures still stands out as the BEST.
Have a great weekend.
20 hours ago
for the birthday comment on my feed. Yesterday's celebration was a quiet one - my "party hearty" days are long gone - but still I feel well-launched into another decade of fun and adventure.
22 hours ago
I started a painting this week that I'm pretty excited about, a model who's returning next week. After that, it's time to start making frames. My frames are extremely rudimentary but I do try to make the ends meet nicely. Will have 10 large portraits and four smaller still lifes in the show, more than enough for the space.
22 hours ago
Oh I wouldn't bother. Its all how high carb low protein diets in China correlate differently to diseases. Glossing over genetics! He was just honest and open. Unlike most snake oil salesmen tje rest of the show was about.
1 day ago
We had exactly one day of snow this year. We had a couple of very cold spells but they didn't last long and overall it has not been a normal winter at all. I like my four seasons!
1 day ago