Hyde Park, London
Flowers in Lake District
Lake District, England
Shared Food & Fitness Trackers
I joined Spark People in January, 2011, to lose weight before my son's April wedding.
Since that time, I've lost weight, regained it, lost again... you get the picture. Spark People doesn't offer any magical solutions. It offers good advice on nutrition and exercising. It offers a network of teams, challenges and wonderful friends.
Even though I haven't reached my goal, I believe that Spark People has helped me break the pattern of gaining weight each year. I plan to follow this program for the rest of my life, and to gradually reduce my weight.
My husband and I love to travel, and I want to be able to walk, climb, explore and enjoy new places with him.
- track all food, water and exercise, as follows:
- eat NOTHING directly from the container; e.g., cereal, chips, nuts
- 8 glasses of water/day
- 5 or more fruits and vegetables/day
- lean protein every meal, eating meat, poultry, fish, eggs, cottage cheese, legumes
- eat mindfully, avoiding high sodium foods
- include afternoon and evening snack in daily meal plan
- cardio 5 times/week, minimum, including walking, cycling, treadmill, swimming, skating
- ST 3 times/week minimum including resistance band, medicine ball, stability ball, floor exercises and free weights
- born 25/09/43 in Nova Scotia, live in Southern Ontario
- wife, mother, mother-in-law, grandmother, friend
- reader, gardener, traveller, volunteer
- cat lover
- active in my church (Anglican)
Weight loss goals:
- 178 lbs. by June 30/16
- 170 lbs. by Sept. 30/16
- 165 lbs. by Dec. 31/16
Secrets of Success
| Pounds lost: 14.9