My Aunt Susie, me, and my Mom
Amy, me, and Jamie - the new Angels!
Shared Food & Fitness Trackers
I can't believe it's been over 2 years since I've updated my goals and sparkpage. I have been off on my own, but while that's been somewhat successful, I still have a long way to go. So, I'm back to sparkpeople and am going to give this a real 100% commitment this time. I've been back kind of quietly for around a month with the nutrition tracker. But I think I need to do the blogging and the keeping up with friends and all the other stuff too.
My biggest accomplishment since I've been gone is that I really have made exercise a big part of my life. I just need to get the eating and exercising working together. I am going to be hiking part of the Grand Canyon in October and I aim to have at least 50 pounds less on my knees for that trip. I spent the last week (Apr. 7 through 13 up in Flagstaff hiking with a friend who's going on the GC trip with me and we hiked every single day. As I write this today, I'm on a 6 day streak of exercising and eating normal portions of food. I am going to keep this going.
I guess the first step is to be honest with everything. I haven't wanted to update my weight here on SP because it makes me so sad that I'm back up to 268.4 from my low of 249. But I have ripped off that band-aid now! Ha ha! So, while I'm being honest and working the whole accountability thing, here are my goals for the next 6 months (Apr. 14 to Oct. 14):
1. I will lose 50 pounds. My knees will be so grateful with every step I take down the Grand Canyon. I can do this and I will. My mind is completely made up.
2. I will continue streaking! My current stats (as of 4/13) are: exercise (6 days), no fast food (64 days), and no binging (7 days).
3. I will track my food. All of it. I will pre-plan as much as possible and will not allow my coworkers to talk me out of my plans more than twice a month.
4. I will eat a healthy mix of carbs, protein, and fat. I will not deprive myself of anything, but will pay attention to my body's needs and will not go nuts anymore over holidays, social occasions and other things. I will be REASONABLE and ACCOUNTABLE. In short, I will be a grown up. :)
5. Get back to strength training. I haven't done much of this and I know it is key. I have free weights, an exercise ball, stretchy bands, a BOSU, and tons of videos and other things. I will plan my workout and DO IT. Three times a week.
4/14 Starting weight: 268.4
1. Tracking calories and eating mostly fresh whole foods and home-cooked meals..
2. Walk 10000 steps a day.
3. Drink at least 4 liters of water a day.
4. Strength train 3 times a week.
5. Blog every day.
Michele, 38, single, redhead, hiker, avid reader, tv watcher and movie lover.
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| current weight: 255.0
Happy New Year! It was wonderful to see you in the comments on the first day of 2014. Here's to an awesome year. Back to basics.
969 days ago
1136 days ago
Cool to hear you like a green juice, too.
I actually like salad. But a lot of times, my salads also contain salami chunks, and egg, a box of croutons, etc. I feel a little more on target with a juice.
Excited to be back with you and my Speeps!
1144 days ago
Hey there! You know, the first Zumba workout I did was fun, but tough. I should have figured that out when there were 60 minutes of instructions for a 20 minute workout. I just did the 20 min. one this morning... slow to get out of bed. I can see the weekend from here!
1164 days ago
Thanks as always for visiting and offering your support! Hope you are having a good week.
1167 days ago