Here is me today after losing 145 pounds total! Size 4, XS
Me at my heaviest (picture taken 2006): Size 24, 2XL
Me and my training buddy showing our race numbers... and our...er..."guns."
MSSUNBUG is a SparkPeople Motivator!
Hi there and thanks for stopping in!
My original weight loss goal was to lose 115 pounds. I met this goal in the second half of 2010, and I've since released about 30 more pounds by staying active and eating a healthy diet.
Here are some of the accomplishments I've had in my time on sparkpeople.com:
1) I've released about 145 pounds, from about 280 pounds to about 135 pounds.
2) I've gone from a size 24 in jeans to a size 4.
3) I've gone from not being able to run 1/4 mile to running 20 miles at a stretch.
4) I've gone from being sedentary to training for a half ironman triathlon.
5) I've competed in 5 triathlons and placed in my age group in three of them--all in 2011.
6) I've completed two half marathons.
7) I've built new, healthy relationships, distanced myself from unhealthy, abusive ones and created a wide, supportive social network.
8) I've started my own business!
9) I've lowered my blood pressure, resting heart rate, and cholesterol dramatically.
10) I learned how to swim.
11) I learned how to ride a bike.
12) I went from a diet consisting primarily of junk food to eating a vegetarian diet.
13) I developed a strength training routine and carved out MUSCLES.
14) I developed an intermediate yoga practice.
15) I learned how to respect and love myself (a perpetual work in progress).
16) I maintained 27 months of sobriety (and still going strong!).
17) I gave up smoking.
18) I've reduced my doctor's visits from 12 visits a year to 1 visit a year.
19) I've learned to balance work and play and avoid "all or nothing" thinking.
20) I've managed both depressing and an anxiety disorder without the use of medication.
With the use of this website and other tools, I've managed to transform my life entirely, truly from the inside out. The weight loss, while essential and substantial, was/is merely a side effect of the changes I made and the "stuff" I worked through on the inside. True and lasting weight loss is "an inside job!"
Thanks for stopping by my page. Many blessings and Namaste.
"The most important thing to remember is this: To be ready at any moment to give up what you are for what you might become."
-W.E.B. Du Bois
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." --Confuscious
To be my best self.
To lose a little more than 100 pounds. (I've lost 145!)
To be able to comfortably and safely jog. (I now run 20-30 miles a week--comfortably and safely!)
To be kind, loving, and supportive to myself and to others. (I am this, every day!)
To put my health, my life, and my recovery first. (I do this too every day--without it, I lose recovery!)
When I was losing weight, I ate in the ranges recommended by SP--no more and no less, everyday.
Presently, I feed my body healthy food, have learned to listen to hunger cues, and refuse to treat myself in a way that is anything other than loving and supportive and in line with my goals. I am building towards an increasingly healthier diet to support my activities and goals.
I am active and engage in activities I truly ENJOY.
I spend time on this site focused on supporting myself by supporting others.
I work with a therapist to heal my relationship with myself and with food. Even though I'm past goal weight, I continue this work.
I live in the woods in NJ.
I am a writer and teacher.
I spend my free time reading, being outside, and gardening.
I find my religion in the great outdoors!
I am 5'8"
8/13/8--Mile 12:59 5k (my first!) 42:59
11/5/8--TWO miles 25:30--the longest I've ever run!
4/2/9--TWO AND A HALF miles 38:00--the longest I've ever run and the longest time I've ever run!
8/4/9: Mile 13:35
11/13/9: 5k: 48:58
12/2/9: 5k: 44:30
12/6/9: Mile 13:02; 5k: 42:55
12/8/9: 5k: 42:40
2/3/10: 5k: 40:30
2/28/10: 5k: 39:30
3/4/10: 5k: 39:09
4/15/10: 10k: 88:00
4/25/10: 5k: 36:45
7/11/10: 5k: 34:50
10/3/10: 5k: 31:40
11/25/10: 5k: 30:05
12/16/10: 10k: 64:00
1/1/11: 5k: 29:10
1/7/11: 10 MILES: 1:55:00
2/22/11: 1 mile: 8:40
4/9/11: 5k: 26:45
4/30/11: 5k: 26:15
7/11/11: 5k: 25:35
9/11/11: 5k: 24:55
10/15/11: 13.1 My first half marathon race!: 2:01:30
10/22/11: 20 miles--my longest run to date!
| current weight: 157.6