1. Start each morning anew, and recommit to sticking to the plan one day at a time, day after day. Strive for progress, not perfection.
2. Plan each meal and track everything (be mindful of portions and calories).
3. Drink water and green tea.
4. Eat less and move more ï¿½ lots more.
5. Eat mostly fresh, minimally processed foods
6. Don't eat after 7 p.m.
7. Stay connected, accountable, and active on SP.
1. Develop consistent, healthy lifestyle habits;
2. Achieve a healthy weight and BMI;
3. Live a more active, outgoing lifestyle
Why I am doing this:
-To ensure good health so that I can be here for my family and friends
-To live a more active, enjoyable life
-To be more comfortable just being me.
- 60-90 minutes cardio each day;
--- strength training at least 3 days a week.
-Track what I eat and stay within the recommended Spark calorie range
- Eat whole, unprocessed foods for the most part, and avoid items made with white flour and sugar in all its forms
--Drink at least 8 glasses of water and 2 cups of green tea a day
-Eat 6 or more servings of a rainbow of fruits and veggies each day
-Each week, try something new to help reach your goals
"Start each morning anew, and recommit to sticking to the plan one day at a time, day after day." ~Dr. Oz
"It's easy to say you're too tired, too stressed, too busy, too this or too that. Too bad. The only way you'll strip away the fat is to start by stripping away the excuses." -- Dr. Oz & Dr. Roizen- You on A Diet
"The virtue lies in the struggle, not in the prize."
Richard Monckton Milnes
"The journey shows you what you are made of - the destination is the evidence."
-UC Davis Graduate
-Retired after teaching a variety of grade levels for 39 years
-a life-long SF Giants fan
-I love to read, cook, and entertain friends and family
-unsuccessful (so far, but still trying) literary agent for my daughter's first novels
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| current weight: 238.0
I'm so grateful for your listening heart, expressed in your comment on my blog post. Thank you.
39 days ago
So nice to be back in touch! Thanks for stopping by. Let's both try for consistency with the things that work for us!
48 days ago
Hope that your crossroads, lead you on the correct path.
132 days ago
Comment edited on: 10/15/2016 1:44:26 PM
I'm on a tracking streak, too! Kept in calorie range for two full weeks (a biggie for me). What's yours?
Doncha love how we have gone back to kindergarten?
156 days ago
Free yourself from negative people. Spend time with nice people who are smart, driven and like-minded. Relationships should help you, not hurt you. Surround yourself with people who reflect the person you want to be. Choose friends who you are proud to know, people you admire, who love and respect you – people who make your day a little brighter simply by being in it. Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you. When you free yourself from negative people, you free yourself to be you – and being you is the only way to truly live.
184 days ago