Purple Passion Gems!
Went from Size 22 in 2007 to Size 14 in October, 2014!
Shared Food & Fitness Trackers
'Sup y'all?! SolidSexyCool BahaGirl trynna get trim. Hit me up sometime. I need some encouragement.
Update: 3rd June, 2009 - Lost and gained about 20lbs a year ago.
I have now decided to use the Nutrition and Fitness Tracker. So far in the last month I have lost about 11lbs. The spark trackers and members have been a great help thus far. Thank you!
Update: 15th June, 2009 - Finally started exercising two weeks ago. Feelin da burn and losing some inches!
Update: 22nd June, 2009 - I'm beginning my 4th week on SI6, now on Phase 2 - Ramp It Up! SI6 combined with eating healthier and watching my portion sizes brought me really close to my first goal! :) This from da girl dat can't stand exercisin.
Update: 3rd July, 2009 - End of 5th week on SI6. lost 14lbs and about 13 inches. Working on reaching my 2nd goal. Purchased 3 sexy shoes today. Can't wait to wear them!
Update: 17th July, 2009 - End of 7th week on SI6. Lost 4 more lbs. Down 31lbs all together! Up to 1hr. workouts! Lost about 5 more inches all over. Looking forward to end of July to see if I can zip up my new size 18 capris. I can't believe that I was able to pull them up over my thighs and butt.
Update: 1st December, 2009 - Good News/Bad News. Bad news - I have not tracked my nutrition or fitness consistently since school opened for my son in September.
Worse news - I have not tracked AT ALL for the past 2 months.
Worst news - I have been eating things I know I shouldn't AND in the last few months, there have been 1 to 2 weeks at a time when I have not exercised AT ALL! I also found a breast lump. :(
GOOD NEWS - Despite my inactivity, I did have weeks and days when I did exercise and I kept semi-active on the weekends. I also kept most of my NEW good eating habits and I am now at my third goal of 45lbs lost. I must get my reward of silver earrings this weekend! I also found out that the lump was not a lump but an enlarged, inflamed lymph node (which has since gone down with meds).
Update: 15th December, 2009 - Sparkers! I actually rocked my size 18 capris (never mind that i couldnt button it) this past weekend. I felt so splexy. lol On top of that I am having some of my clothes and my uniform taken in. Also I have began putting my uniform shirt in my pants, something I have never done in seven (7) years of working for this company!! Cool right? Now I have to find a cute belt. I also set a end of year goal to lose 55lbs. I am currently 8lbs and 2 weeks away.
Update: 8th January, 2010 - WhooHoo I have now lost 55lbs and only one week behind schedule! Currently doing 100 pushup challenge, at the end of week 2. Doin the modified pushups. Bout to go buy my reward of a 2 toned, mother of pearl face watch. I haven't worn a watch in about a decade.
Something else I am stoked about. I was looking for something to wear to a job interview. I decided to try on a skirt suit that is about 12 years old and it fit!!!!! The jacket is too tight when I button it, but I dont know the last time I got that buttoned. Anyway gatta go. I will now work on my next mini goal to lose another 10lbs by the end of January.
Update: 16th March, 2010 - Wow! Its been a while. I've hit a slight plateau. Still not at 65lbs lost yet. Keep going between 60 and 62 lbs lost. When I read this back I am amazed at myself that in December I was excited about fitting in a size 18 pants and I am now wearing a size 14 dress!! WhoHoo! I'm almost at the end of Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and will start Shaun T's Rockin Body. I will bust thru this plateau!
STARTING AFRESH! - January 4th 2011
Bad News: I have had endured a plateau throughout most of 2010. I have actually gained 5lbs from November to now.
Good News: I am not freaking out. I am still confident that I will meet my goals. Why? SparkPeople has given me the secrets to weightloss success!! So I will lace up my tennis, log my weight and inches anew, endeavour to stick to the 80/20 rule and encourage myself to start tracking my nutrition again!
OK, SO.....Here I am 'getting back up' again! MAY 2013
I have no idea where 2 years have gone. I just know I am in the fight, full force again. I am currently mid way through C25K and I am loving it! Who knew that running could be addictive. I am back to once again do what it takes to lose these inches and look splexy in my clothes.
I know what works -
1. A Healthy, well balanced diet. (within a calorie range based on fitness activity)
2. Tracking what you eat and drink.
3. Exercise - Cardio and Strength Training and staying active at other times.
4. Reduce Sugar and Salt intake.
5. Stay motivated to do all the above.
Now I wish someone could help me with number 5.
Update: 17th June, 2013
With the above points and training to run a 5k as well as eating more meatless meals I have lost 5lbs and some inches. I have a new goals of inches to lose below:-
GOAL - To fit in Classique Jacket size Large
4 inches in upper arm right
4 " left (lost 1 - 17/2/14)
6 inches in waist (lost 3.6 - 17/2/14)
10 inches in Muffin top (lost 3.6 - 17/2/14)
7 inches in chest (lost 2.5 - 17/2/14)
10 inches in thigh right (lost 1.5 - 17/2/14)
10 " left (lost 1.75 - 17/2/14)
15 inches in hip (lost 2.6 - 17/2/14)
4 inches in calf right
4 " left
3 inches in neck (lost 0.55 - 17/2/14)
77 inches total
How will I accomplish this?
Start up S L I M I N 6 again.
Continue training to run a 5k. Work on my speed.
Eat more vegetables. Maybe a salad a day.
Keep salt and sugar intake to a minimum.
Limit the amount of meat I consume.
UPDATE - November 25, 2013 - currently still trying to fire on all cylinders. Haven't started SI6 yet but I am joining my team challenges, tracking my meals, limiting my sugar intake, walking/jogging 3 miles, 3 times a week (woohoo)!! Weightloss has started up again. Back to 40lbs lost.
UPDATE - MARCH 2014 - NEW YEAR, NEW ME!!
Since my last update I have lost about 15lbs. So I am now down 55lbs in total. This has been a rough year so far when it comes to weight loss. I keep fluctuating and I am working so HARD! Here is what I have been doing:-
1. Walking/Jogging twice a week, 3 to 4 miles minimum each time. I have also added bursts of Sprinting to that because I read that it helps to burn fat. I might add that this includes 2 bridges. I trudge/speed walk over one at the beginning of my workout and the other at the end.
2. Cycling 3 times a week, either 4, 6 or 8 miles at a time.
3. Playing (or should I say fumbling to play) Tennis twice a week (in the middle of two of my cycle days), anywhere from 20 minutes to 2 hours at a time with my son.
Please note that I rest on Wednesdays and Sundays.
4. On the eating front I have gone from having 3 balanced meals with two healthy snacks a day eating less meat to now a Moderate Protein / Low Carb way of eating with NO Snacks during the week. I might add that when I say Low Carb I mean no Starchy Carbs. No bread, flour, potatoes, rice, pasta. I am still within in my carb range according to my tracker. I get most of my carbs from fruits and nuts. I am still off sugar and desserts. I eat fruits for desserts.
5. I have a fledgling start in strength training and as I write this I realize that this may be my secret to consistent weightloss. I now have 5lb weights and a medium resistance band. I have yet to work those into my schedule on a regular basis.
6. I have as a goal to run as many Fun Runs and Charity Races that come my way this year. I have already done the Susan G. Komen 5K Race For The Cure (which I was training for all last year) and I also did a Fun Run with the Bahamas heart Association (my first time with the runners).
7. I have joined a few Team challenges here on SP and I have even begun to tackle the emotional side of my eating with the book "100 Days To Weightloss" by Linda Spangle and doing a book discussion with my Emotional Eaters Team.
8. I am also about to join a New Year New You Fitness challenge at work next week. It will be for 10 Weeks and it's in conjunction with a local gym. They will work us out so I am looking forward to that. Zumba, Spinning and Class Aerobics!
My Goal this year is to get to Onderland. I. Will. Do. It. Even if I have to scrape my way through and come out the other end with bloody nails. I will do it. I am not giving up because I do not want to lose ground and have to start over.
UPDATE - JULY 2014 - BY GEORGE, I THINK I'VE GOT IT!!
I AM NOW DOWN 85LBS IN TOTAL! :D
Here's what's been working for me:-
Lots of Veg
Lots of Water
Early to Bed
Have dinner before 7pm
(of course I veer off course, but I get back on track and start losing again.)
Lose 150lbs by end of 2015
Cut out fast/fried foods
2015 - LCHFMP - KETO - IF - RUN - BINGEFREE - MeetGoalWeight - MAINTAIN!!
Cut out sodas - DONE
Lose 100 inches all over.
25lbs - Manicure **MET 3 July 09**
35lbs - $20 Avon Spree - lose by 7 Aug 09 **MET 14 Aug 09**
45lbs - Silver Earring **MET 11 Nov 09**ReMET 2 Jan 14**
55lbs - Mother of Pearl Watch **MET 8th Jan, 2010** ReMET 22nd Feb, 2014**
65lbs - Massage **MET 10th Apr, 2014**
75lbs - Perfume Set **MET 2014**
85lbs - Hair Highlights **MET 2014**
95lbs - Diamond Studs **MET 2014**
105lbs - Tanzanite Earrings & Charm Set
115lbs - KillerSexyStrappyShoes
125lbs - go to Six Flags! ~ by July 2010 ~
135lbs - Tanzanite & Diamond Ring
145lbs - New Wardrobe
155lbs - Trip to Exotic Locale (see Eqypt) ~ by October 2010 ~
INCHES GOAL - LOSE
29 Inches in Waist
45 Inches in Hips
36 Inches in Chest
I'm a Bahama Mama. Love the Sun, Sand and Sea of the beautiful Bahamas!
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| Pounds lost: 83.8
"Life is 10 percent what you make it, and 90 percent how you take it. ~ Irving Berlin"
We can do it!
402 days ago
I love your SparkPage!
Best wishes for a successful challenge!
403 days ago
"Instead of wishing your life was different,
Wish for courage, strength, motivation,
and a great sense of humor.
With all those things,
you can change it yourself." -Unknown
Let's ROCK this Fall Challenge!
405 days ago
I hope this fall BLC challenge helps get you to where you want to be in 10 weeks. Good luck! Belinda
405 days ago
One of my favorite quotes goes something like "It's not about beating the other runners. It's about beating the voice inside you that wants to quit." This is great advice for all of us - even if you're not a runner. I'm certainly not. Let's not compare ourselves to others and instead focus on fighting ourselves. The voice that wants to eat more than we should. The voice that doesn't want to exercise. The voice that says it's not worth it. Because it IS worth it. YOU are worth it. Let's make the most of this fall challenge with Purple Passion and rock it.
405 days ago