PMRUNNER is a SparkPeople Motivator!
In my first 6 months or so on SP, I lost 20-25 lbs, going from 205 to 180-185 range. Since then I plateaued and have stayed more or less within that range (a few forays higher or lower, but generally in that range). Losing additional pounds to get to my long term goal will take more focus than I have time or energy to give right now. For a while I was feeling a bit guilty about not continuing to lose, but now have accepted that I have been in maintenance for about 14 months (since Aug 2012).
Goals for 2013:
1) Continue to take off extra weight with a target of 170 lbs (which is in the "healthy" BMI range and put me at about 15% body fat). (from a pre-SP weight of 201 and 1 Jan weight of 181. 20 lbs down, 11 more to go.) (Oct 2013 status: Still maintaining between 180-185 most days).
2) Run 1000 miles over the year. I have been close before, but this is my year! I just need to average 83 miles a month or 20 miles per week. Easy-peasy! (Oct 2013 status: 850 miles with just over 2 months to go)
3) Run in at least 4 races over the year. The first should be the Jones' 10 miler in Amherst, MA on 24 Feb. (So far I have done the Amherst 10 miler, a West Point 10k, a kids adventure race, and am signed up for the Andover, MA turkey trot on Thanksgiving).
4) Finish my dissertation by May and move to West Point, NY in June. (Oct update: Dissertation complete/published/defended, move complete and already 2/3 of the way through my first semester.)
5) Successfully transition from losing weight to maintenance. (Oct update: Still maintaining!)
BMI less than 25:
Weight less than 175:
2 mi run in less than 14 min:
5k run in less than 22:30 min:
Burn 4000 calories per week.
Run 15-20 mi per week
Swim 2-4 mi per week
My 3 point program:
Diet: Tracking food on SP and staying within the recommended limits (most days!)
Exercise: Running 15-20 mi per week, swimming 2-4 mi per week, plus stretching, walking, biking, water skiing, snowboarding and other outdoor pursuits.
Mental: Staying positive, identifying areas for improvement, teaching my kids to have a healthy lifestyle!
My family and I are living in West Point, NY. We have 4 children (ages 18 mos to 7 yrs).
"Education is the kindling of a flame, not the filling of a vessel"
Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome.
- Booker T. Washington
"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get in. You just run." - John Bingham
"What if you worked towards self-acceptance instead of trying to hate yourself into change? Acceptance and peace with what is is always going to feel better than hate." - Christie Inge
Exercise is 90 percent mental and the other half is physical
- Adapted from Yogi Berra quote
Losing weight is hard, being fat is hard. Choose your hard.
"A man who wants something will find a way; a man who doesn't will find an excuse." -- Stephan Dolley
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| current weight: 12.0 over