Nala (blue), Kira (red), Lisha---Easter 2015
Kaleb & Sebastian...August 2014
mom of 4, grandma to 11, great grandma to 9...5 boys and 4 girls..
hobbies, family, going to casinos
Think of your weight like you think about your utility bill......get sloppy it goes up....be careful and it goes down
The difference between "TRY " and "TRIUMPH" is a little "UMPH"..
245---244.2 on 6/21/2012
use the new food plate model
exercise 20 to 30 minutes 5 of 7 days
born in Baraboo, Wisconsin
raised in Lansing, Michigan
moved to Reeds, Misouri in 2004
Mom to 4---1 son, 3 daughters
Mother in law to 3 wonderful people---1 daughter in law, 2 son in laws
Grandma to 11 (natural) 4 young ladies, 7 young men
Inherited 9 grandchildren--6 young ladies, 3 young men
8 natural great grandchildren---5 boys, 3 girls ...
several inherited great grandchildren
I frequently spend summers in Michigan with my brothers and sisters.
We have monthly family dinners
I know that I am blessed to have all 4 of my children close to me
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| Pounds lost: 1.0
I added you as a spark friend, I hope you will add me too. Have a great day and God bless you. I joined one of the spark teams that you are a leader on.
9 days ago
13 days ago
Fall in Love with Healthy Eating, Portion Control & Walking 2 Get Fit & Your sure 2 Fall in Love With Your Body!!
Sorry, I have been out of the loop with my asthma...
Love always Spark friend
72 days ago
Comment edited on: 8/10/2016 12:01:22 AM
If you or anyone you know are having trouble tracking or are stuck in a plateau, then please read this or share it with your spark friends.
Remember attaining weight loss is possible and permanent weight loss is absolutely doable. If you are will to start changing your life and lifestyle one habit at a time. After all that is how we learned how to talk, walk, dress, bathe and eat. Was one step at a time. Our Mothers and fathers were very good at teaching us what they knew.
But, most of them did not know what healthy eating was. Not really. Nothing like a dietician would know. So remember when starting out you want to set up small attainable goals. Even if you are having trouble anywhere in your weight loss journey, you may just want to take a step back and look at where you are actually at.
Here are a few questions to ask yourself:
1) Are you where you want to be?
2) Are you losing weight?
3) Are you really tracking everything that you eat?
4) Are you being completely honest with yourself?
5) Are you setting realistic goals?
6) Are you drinking your daily water?
7) Are you eating at least 2 fruits daily?
8) Are you eating at least 3 vegetables daily?
9) Are you getting at least 10+ minutes of exercise daily?
10) Are you getting any me time? This is the most important one.......
Drinking 8 cups of water.....every day is very important to stay hydrated.
• Eating at least 2 fruits and at least 3 vegetables every day will help keep you full longer and ensure that you are getting enough fiber
• Not eating in front of the TV....you do not want to be distracted, enjoy your meal and put down your fork or spoon between every bite, while sipping water. It takes at least 20 minutes to ensure the brain starts to signal the stomach that you are getting full.
• No soda or sweet drinks....you will want to cut out as much refined sugar as possible, lowering your risk of diabetes.
• Eat breakfast every morning: This is the most important meal of the day, you need at least 300 - 400 calories to start your day and get your metabolism reeved up for the day.
• No candy, cake, potato chips or other high carb junk food, instead try a piece of fresh fruit, granola, veggie slices or nuts. Sometimes even a glass of water can keep hunger at bay. Try it infused with slices of fruit or veggies.
And if you are stuck in a plateau, try mixing up your exercise routine. A strength training program, with some cardio and walking the pounds away may be just what the doctor ordered. Talk it out with a trainer, a dietician, your doctor or weight loss buddy may also be an answer too.
Just do what it takes for you..... what works for one, may not work for you.
I love all of you and want each one of you to be successful in your journies! KEEP ON SPARKIN'
99 days ago
Our new Mantra~
My body is a marvelous machine and when I take care of it, It meets my every expectation!
102 days ago