This might just be the last time I was thin.
Vision Board 2/25/2013
Shared Food & Fitness Trackers
SHAPESHIFTER09 is a SparkPeople Motivator!
a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
In a lot of ways, my story is the same as so many other people's. I have struggled with my weight for my entire adult life. I've tried a million different diets with mild to moderate success, but now I'm finally ready to let go of the things that have enabled me to make excuses for failing to get healthy.
I've done a lot of introspection into why I'm overweight, and I've come to a point where I'm finally ready to change my entire lifestyle in order to reach my health and fitness goals. This time there are no excuses.
I've been a vegetarian since I was 14, and would really like to cook fresh, in season foods more often. I love trying new vegetarian foods from around the world and trying to recreate those recipes in my kitchen.
I could always use a little extra motivation, support, and encouragement, and would love to "meet" people on a similar journey!
Things I am *officially* DONE with:
1. I am DONE being the biggest person in the room.
2. I am DONE making excuses for why I'm so fat.
3. I am DONE accepting that this is just how I am.
4. I am DONE not being able to shop for cute clothes in normal stores.
5. I am DONE feeling bad about myself.
6. I am DONE putting myself and my needs last.
7. I am DONE turning to food for comfort and to meet emotional needs.
8. I am DONE stuffing myself to the gills just because something tastes good.
9. I am DONE thinking that I deserve less than the very best.
10. I am DONE worrying about what other people think about my body.
11. I am DONE having my appearance *not* reflect who I am inside.
12. I am DONE letting my weight hold me back from experiences I want to have and activities I want to do.
Most of all, I am DONE *not* being a success story.
In general, I want to work on eating clean and reducing the number of chemicals and preservatives in the foods that I eat. I would rather have a tiny, satisfying portion of real food than a huge portion of "diet" food.
My initial weight loss goal is to be at or below 250 lbs by April 2013. My ultimate goal is 175, which I hope to reach by December of 2013. That would be a grand total of 144 pounds lost. At that point, I'll reassess.
I'm aiming to lose an average of about 8-10 pounds per month.
I'm less concerned with the number on the scale than how I feel in general. So as long as the numbers are generally trending downward, I'll be happy.
Non-scale goals include:
1. being able to shop in "normal" stores, at flea markets, art markets and fun vintage stores.
2. setting healthy examples for my children.
I am trying to stick to a well-balanced diet with a lot of variety and fresh foods. I try to eat between 1650-1850 calories per day.
I am trying to work out for a minimum of 30 minutes per day of cardio and 15 minutes per day of strength training.
I'm really interested in fun ways to spice up my exercise routine. I especially love hiking, skiing, tennis, dancing, etc.
I'm a vegetarian adoptive mom of the most awesome twins on the planet. I love traveling, music, movies, good books, cooking, politics, reading, crafting, dancing, singing, and having fun!
"She said she usually cried at least once each day, not because she was sad, but because the world was so beautiful and life was so short."
"If you really want something, you will find a way. If you don't really want it, you will find an excuse!"
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| Pounds lost: 27.0