SHARON10002 is a SparkPeople Motivator!
Have you ever thought about how your life is much like flying a kite?
As our life happens and envelopes us in its day to day routine, and we move from this to that without too much thought. We usually find ourselves “gliding” along, - while unconsciously holding back, sitting on our heels, reluctant to let out more of our string while we wait for the "perfect conditions", or “just the right moment”, to pursue a strong desire, a dream, or to simply try something new.
As we know all too well that never seems to happen. Life always becomes a little “gusty”, and sometimes, just downright windy. Just when we think things are going along smoothly, and we’re flyin’ high happily in our little corner of the sky enjoying ourselves, the wind will suddenly change direction, and before we know it we're in a nosedive heading toward the ground.
There will always be those variable extreme gusts of wind that temporarily shake us violently to our very core, throw us off course, and may even be strong enough to send us into a tailspin from which we can’t seem to recover, and slams us into the ground.
Then there are times when we're gliding along with everything going just as it should, when suddenly, all our wind suddenly dies - disappears - and there is no wind at all, leaving us grounded. No matter how fast we run, or how hard we try, we are unable to get ourselves airborne again so we can feel peaceful as we fly.
In those moments, if we can remember to embrace the strong, gusty wind, and in some small way, anticipate and appreciate the sharp and unexpected twists, turns, and gut-wrenching dives, it might help us to stay aloft, and keep from nose-diving into the ground.
If you think about it, a kite flies higher in a strong, adverse wind; so don't get discouraged when you're facing a strong, gusty head wind in your day. Lean into it, breathe deeply, center yourself and your thoughts, and let the wind lift and carry you higher than you've ever been before.
Spring 5% Challenge Goals
* I will track my food and water every day.
* I will track my exercise every day.
* I will concentrate my efforts on a combination of strength training and cardio to achieve my weight loss goal.
* I will strive to exercise every day, but will exercise no less than 5 days a week for a minimum of 30 minutes each day.
* I will aim to accumulate at least 800 Spark Fitness Points every month.
* I will follow the nutritional guidelines set forth by Spark People for me during this challenge.
* I will strive to stay within my Spark nutritional guidelines during this challenge.
* I will stay focused on my efforts to help me move forward to achieve my goals.
* I will strive to lose 12 pounds by the end of this challenge.
* I will eat between 1200-1600 calories/day
* I will try to burn 650 or more calories each week
I am doing 30 minutes of exercise at least 5 times per week.
I am focusing on the foods that I eat and how they fit into my nutritional guidelines for the day.
I am also drinking my water, and logging it every day.
I am a certified Ai Chi Trainer, and love the water. It is a very giving, healing thing.
Ai Chi, like life, is all about balance - mind, body, and spirit.
Secrets of Success