I joined SparkPeople on July 3, 2010 and I'm so glad that I did. No, I haven't reached all my goals but since they keep changing, I guess that's good.
While my goals haven't changed much, my way of thinking about them has. I am re-writing my goals for 2016 here & will record them on my Spark Page so I see them on a daily basis.
My goal is to live healthier. Some of the steps I will use to achieve this goal are:
1. I will eat healthier, which means watching portion sizes, eat more home cooked meals & less fast food. It also means less sweet and/or salty snacks. In addition, it requires recording what I eat & drink on my nutrition tracker - every day, not just the days I do good. This is an ongoing goal.
2. I will do some form of exercise each day for at least 10 minutes (preferably longer, but at least 10 minutes). I've been going to the Y for some classes, but haven't been going on a regular basis. There are classes that I am interested in 5 days a week & my Spark buddy attends all of them. I will make a greater effort to attend all 5 days. I will also record all of my exercise on my exercise tracker. This is an ongoing goal.
3. I will check in with my SP teams on a more regular basis. In order to do this, I've had to drop several teams that I wasn't really being part of & returning to a couple of teams that reflect my interests. This is a great way to interact with other people who share my personal interests. This is an ongoing goal.
4. I will continue to learn more about genetic genealogy, aka DNA. I have been learning more about DNA & how to use the test results by taking a Genetic Genealogy class. I am getting ready to take the 6 week course again. It's hard, but I can do it at my own speed. I use this knowledge to help adoptees connect with their birth families. This is an ongoing goal.
5. I will make a new budget to more accurately reflect a retired person, This would help me to know how much I really have to spend without worrying about how much month is left. This will be completed by January 17, 2016.
6. I will continue the decluttering process I started last year. Every time I get rid of a box or bag of items that I don't need, I feel better & I love freeing up the space. This is an ongoing goal, not a speed challenge.
7. I will spend time doing the things I really enjoy, such as genealogy, crocheting & jewelry making. I will continue to donate the crocheted hats & scarves to the cancer treatment center. This is an ongoing goal.
8. I will spend more time growing spiritually. I will spend time daily with the Bible, a devotional & prayer. I will also participate in Bible studies on a regular basis. This is an ongoing goal.
I know this sounds like a long list of goals to have at once time, but they all work together by contributing to my overall well-being. I don't really have end dates for any of my goals. By improving my nutrition & exercise I will lose weight & I don't have a set amount of weight to lose. I will know when I reach the tight place for me.
I'm seeking progress, not perfection.
My main goal is to enjoy a healthier lifestyle. The changes I need to make are just some positive by-products of that goal.
SP teams & friends
Exercise at the Y & at home
My name is Sandy & I live in St. Louis County, Missouri.
Two steps forward & one step back is still progress!
Progress, not perfection!
Secrets of Success
| Pounds lost: 3.0