Tserisa by Savannah Horrocks
Here I am with a vulture named Pierre. I think my arms are smaller now!
ChuChu with a very small apple.
Shared Fitness Tracker
Disability and health problems have really destroyed my fitness level. For a long time I couldn't even walk a block and used a power wheelchair to get around. I'm doing better, but the effects of years of being unable to even get around to do chores about the house, and the medications I was on then, have really done a number.
A medication I was on made me eat almost nothing for years. As soon as I went off of it (Dec. 2015), I gained a ton of weight. Was my metabolism destroyed or did I start eating more than I ever had before? Or is one of my other meds increasing my appetite? I don't know. I'm always hungry and no matter how many vegetables I eat I have cravings for more, more, more. I'm trying to use SparkPeople to gain some control.
* Lose the weight I've gained due to college, medication, grieving, and life changes.
* Goal Weight: 108 lbs by New Year's Day, 2011!
* Get to an "athlete" level body fat percentage; 14-20%.
* Be able to hike better than ever. Able to conquer "Difficult" hikes in the Gorge!
* 120 lbs by September 23rd (my birthday!). -- MET!
* 110 by Halloween!
This is definitely working for me! I'm seeing amazing progress.
* Exercise at least 180 minutes a week.
Primarily I am exercising on the elliptical, though I find it boring, because my doctor has told me no walking, running or cycling. I am currently doing between 30-60 minutes 4-6 times a week, depending on migraines. I try to mix up the settings, and do both harder, shorter workouts, and longer, easier workouts.
* Work in strength training using my body as resistance.
I'm really not good at getting this in. I find strength workouts extremely boring.
Currently focusing on quad-strengthening as treatment for my patellofemoral syndrome. Leg lifts, hip abduction, squats. Three times a week.
* Watch my calorie intake; cut down on sugary drinks!
* Eat more raw and whole foods and fewer processed foods.
Horseback riding instructor (dressage and therapeutic riding for the handicapped) and student.
I have many wonderful pets: ChuChu, my African grey parrot; Morgan, a miniature poodle; two young kitties, Chainsaw and Massacre; one foster cat who will go to her Forever Home soon, Eew; several fish, and one horse, an Arabian gelding named Xandy.
My hobbies include reading, writing, camping, hiking, gardening, and ceramics.
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| current weight: 146.0