I love books and writing above all else, and I've come to realize that I'm so connected to the written word that the best way to follow for me to a fitness plan is to story my experience. So I'm here with the only man who could possibly whip me into shape: Lord Nodens-Nuada, Master of the Wild Hunt, Champion of the Unseelie Court, and Lord of Dark Waters. You want to talk about an incentive plan? Try seeing this guy pissed. That's all the bloody incentive you'll ever need. LOL! :) Oh yeah... This is going to be interesting...
In all seriousness, however, I hope that the anonymity on this site helps me. I need someone to hold me accountable and to remind me that I'm not alone. I tried going to a gym, but after some spandex-clad bimbos made some not-quite-whispered comments, I quit. I used to take Chung Do Kwan classes, which I loved, but financial changes force me to quit that as well. So, perhaps a free fitness/social site, on which no one can see me and judge me, will prove to be a boon. :) In any case, I know it's time. Over the last several years I've refined and reinvented myself spiritually, mentally, and emotionally. Now I must do the same for my physical form.
I want to change myself for the better physically as I have mentally and emotionally. I want to loose weight. I want to enjoy hiking and running and rock climbing like I once did. I want to stop avoiding mirrors. I want to go back to taking martial arts, and to not feel like a blubbery, blundering idiot while doing it. Most of all, I just want to get outdoors and feel good again!
1. Limit Caloric Intake to Less Than 1,900 a Day
2. Walk or do Cardio (treadmill and stair machine) for 90 Minutes a Day 3 Time a Week. (Tuesday. Thursday, Friday.)
3. Make Exercise Enjoyable-- Walk Nature Trails When Possible. Listen to Music or Audio Books While Working Out.
4. Allow Myself ONE Cocktail on Friday Evening as a Treat if I Stick to My Plan that Week. (Cocktail must fit into calorie count.)
5. Do situps and pushups in 10-count-down format. (10+9+8... etc.) Aim to be able to complete the full pattern, though I know I won't be able to at first.
6. STORY MY EXPERIENCE! Everything in my life is so deeply connected to the written word that I've realized that the best way to reach my goals is to story my daily wight loss highs and lows. Hence the whole Nodens-Nuatha thing. Its the best way to be honest about how things are going while giving my conscience a tough-love voice and turning my journey into a narrative. (LOL
I am weird in the original sense of the word-- eccentric, unique and magical. I'm a bit like a cross between a scholar, a hippie and a Goth. I'm whimsical and spirited, but I also have baggage and a dark sense of humor. Creative yet practical, wild yet refined, intelligent yet scatterbrained-- I'm like a walking paradox. But that's just me.
LIKES: Reading, Writing, Nature, Animals, Coffee, Cats, Art, Theatre, Antiques, Unique Places, Music, History, Herbalism, Originality, Sincerity, Empathy, Renaissance Faires, Victorian and Renaissance Gowns, Retro WWII and hippie era clothing, Noir Films, Mythology, Fantasy, All Things Celtic, New Age Culture, Documentaries, Open Minds, Intelligent Conversation
DISLIKES: Crowds, Traffic, Romance Novels, Math, Stupid Fashion Trends, Movies with Trite Plots, Ignorance, Cruelty, Racism, Sexism, Child and Animal Abuse, Loud Noises, Shallow People, Self Importance, Closed Minds, Human Stupidity
"Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right." ~Henry Ford
"Be who you are and say what you feel. Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss
"If you can't handle me at my worst, you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." ~Marylin Monroe
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| current weight: 216.0