Pedaled Across the US!
Pittsburgh Marathon 5.3.2013
Finishing the ING New York City Marathon! So fast I was blurry! Haha!
Shared Food & Fitness Trackers
_DASH_ is a SparkPeople Motivator!
Here's what I want:
- Energy to be alive. To be able to move without having to engage my body systems to the point of exhaustion or limit. To go places.
- To run a marathon in the middle of the pack someday and not feel anxiety watching everyone else slip away and ahead. To show some integrity and actually train for something. If I love running so much, then I should be able to prove it with consistency.
-To prevent diabetes and heart disease. To be in physical shape to have a family. To have clear skin and normal hormones and less perspiration and more satisfying sleep.
-To have control over my life and my body rather than allowing processed foods and fast foods and corporations in with their insidious fake messages of convenience and reward.
-To feel comfortable about myself, my skin, and who I am in order to let go of whatever fears are holding me back from having intimate connection to other people. (Beyond weight loss, beyond physical.)
- I want a closet full of clothes from stores that make nice things - I want to stop wasting money buying cheaply made "interim clothes"... clothes I tell myself I'll wear temporarily until I lose the weight but that ultimately look slumpy and sad. The truth is, I don't want to spend money on fat clothes because I don't want to wear fat clothes!
-To meet the person who has been living inside of me my whole life that knows how to care for, make room for, and love other people so deeply... who finally cares for, makes room for, and loves herself so deeply, too.
[[Things I have been thinking about lately:]]
- What it takes to be able to say yes to a presented risk/ opportunity. How do we make the choices we make and how do we assign value to the things driving our decisions?
- What am I deeply loyal to? Are there things in my life that I perpetuate in order to fill an ideology I have? What have I spent 10,000 hours getting good at, positively or negatively or both? What “languages” am I fluent in? Does any of this relate to the goals of where I want to be?
- How can I bring my “highest self” to the process of weight loss and body reclamation?
- Where does resilience come from? And how does resilience inform goal achievement?
a) 268. sizes 20. XXL/ 1X/ 2X.
b) I’m a marathon finisher x 4: Long Beach, Calif. (2009), New York City (2010), Chicago (2012), Pittsburgh (2013).
c) I pedaled a road bike 3,582 miles from Nags Head, North Carolina to San Diego, California during the summer 2011.
d) I’ve bought a ticket to “Onederland” countless times in my adult life aaand haven’t quite yet made it there.
e) I have acquired over the years plenty of the equipment (a bike, running shoes, spandex, bike trainer, heart rate monitor, knowledge about nutrition, chamois butter, electrolyte packets, juicer, food scale, RoadID bracelet, spare tubes, bike lube, motivational books, vision collage, online resources, hand weights, resistance bands, you name it…) BUT I need to build my emotional resource bank and sift through the crap that is clouding my internal vision for who I want to be.
I’m perpetually trying to be consistent at living my life in the here and now. Period.
-Be able to run a full marathon. (COMPLETED 10/11/09!!!)
-Run my second full marathon after losing 100+ pounds. (RAN THE NYC MARA ON 11/7/10... 60 pounds less!)
-Get in shape and accepted to Bike & Build for the Summer of 2011... ride a bike from the east coast to the west coast! (DID IT! Summer 2011! )
- Run my 3rd Marathon! CHICAGO MARATHON (goal: under 5:59.59) October 2012. (Did it! 5:44:16)
-Be in maintenance by the age of 30.
01/13/09 - 285 lbs
03/01/10 - 266 lbs
03/08/10 - 261 lbs
03/15/10 - 259 lbs
03/22/10 - 257 lbs
03/29/10 - 254 lbs
04/05/10 - 251 lbs
04/12/10 - 248 lbs
07/03/10 - 245 lbs
07/25/10 - 243 lbs
08/14/10 - 234 lbs
10/29/10 - 228 lbs
05/13/11 - 259 lbs
06/18/11 - 239 lbs
07/21/11 - 220 lbs
06/04/13 - 276 lbs
07/13/13 - 285.6 lbs
10/5/13 - 268.8 lbs
No longer does it matter what circumstances we were born in.... She knows what birds are singing and the names of the trees where they're performing in the morning. - The Avett Brothers
Be conversant with transformation. -Rainer Maria Rilke
| current weight: 268.8