Monday, April 28, 2014
I think so. Actually, i was counting the hours. That's sort of the state i have been in as of late. I really had to make good choices for the moment, not looking too far ahead.
I'm too tired to type much now. I just wanted to check in.
Thanks to all who left notes if support and encouragement. They meant the world to me!
I'll try to update meals and type more tomorrow.
G'night, SparkWorld! ! !
Saturday, April 26, 2014
Something's got to give. Seriously.
I guess it has to be me, right?
Ok, so for today, I'm on track. I'm just going to focus on today.... right now, actually.
Right now... I just drank some water.
Right now... I'm making the conscious decision to eat mindfully for the rest of the day.
And right now... I need support.
I've been off track for several months. So many life changes. No excuse, just what it is.
I'd really appreciate it if a few people could check in on me from time to time (on my page, my blog....anywhere). I'm going to really try to log all of my foods and increase my water. Any feedback, comments, encouragement would mean so much to me right now.
Friday, January 10, 2014
It's late and I'm tired beyond belief.
So why am I on here?
Well, because Spark is always here to come limping back to.
I've made some good choices here. Feels kinda comfortable. Like an old pair of shoes. You just slip right in.
I've been coming here for a while. Years, actually. I've lost and gained and lost some again. Overall, I've kept off 30 lbs from my top weight. But I struggle in getting - AND STAYING - lower than that.
But here I am. I'm gonna keep at it.
So again I say, "Thanks, SparkWorld. Nice seein' ya again."
Wednesday, August 14, 2013
I've started writing on blogger - pretty much because I can do it easily from my phone. It's more of a daily food diary with a bit of commentary on life as I know it once in a while.
I wish Sparkpeople would make a feature where you can blog from your phone. (Said in my loud I'm-talking-to-myself-but-I-hope-you-hear-
me-voice - hint hint hint, SparkBosses!)
But because I've had this blog going on spark for a while and I like to come back here and reflect sometimes, I'll copy some posts over here. Here's my first post from close to 2 weeks ago:
It isn't about being cute anymore. It's just not.
I want to live. Plain and simple.
I was treating my body relatively irresponsible manner for a long time. Then something happened and I think I swallowed the state of Tennessee.
Time to clean all this junk out of my system.
A whole foods and predominantly plant based diet is the best choice for me. Is not everyone's cup of tea, I know. But I feel good when I eat that way.
I'm kicking this off with a 30 day cleanse; fruits, veggies, beans, nuts, herbs n spices.
Specifically I'll be avoiding
1. All processed foods ; exceptions for nutritional yeast, canned beans - for convenience, and some whole food organic curry sauces I have on hand from Seeds of Change (does that even count as processed??)
2. All meats, dairy and other animal products. Not that I'm against eating meat or all "Animals are out friends, not food". Nope, I like a good steak as much as the next person. I just feel like we eat entirely too much meat. And for the purpose of this cleanse, I'll be leaving it off.
3. Wheat and rice. These are trigger foods for me to overeat. Best to avid for the time being. I will have the occasional serving of oats. For whatever reason oatmeal doesn't set me off and I enjoy it from time to time in a breakfast smoothie or with fruit and almond milk.
4. All added sugar. No explanation needed, right?
5. All added salt. I swell like nobody's business. Time to take a sodium beak.
6. Coffee. I'll opt for green tea as my caffeine fix for now. Coffee is like a dessert to me. Sugar, vanilla and lots o'cream. Not just that, but is my drug of choice. That'll be a therapy session for another day, though.
So here we go. Today is Streak Day #1.
Thanks for reading. And thanks for your unwavering support, Sparkers.
If you feel like reading more, you can stop over at addysgettinfit.blogspot.com.
Tuesday, June 18, 2013
Today was not a winner. PMS Is in full force. I'm tired and grumpy.
One thing i know for sure is that i need a plan. Before i put a morsel of food in my mouth in the morning, I'm going to make a plan.
I'll check back in tomorrow with the plan and see how things go.
Nightie-night, fellow sparkers.
Get An Email Alert Each Time ADDYSGETTINFIT Posts