Wednesday, March 02, 2011
Might as well log it in on this auspicious day right?
It has been an interesting day - I knew it was going to be busy and crazy and sort of a loss because of Wednesday life in general and I had a really awesome day yesterday anyway....but I digress - Let's recap, shall we?
- at work I felt brainless and ditzy for some reason and it was a busy day today (ie.: my 2nd kid went to school without his backpack without me noticing until I got home from work, so the ditziness began early in the day),
- for snack I had my usual kashi bar and some new dried fruit my dad picked up at Costco - tried 2 slivers of mango and half of a dried peach - fruit in for the day! Woohoo!,
- during a short lunch I answered emails,
- after lunch I developed wicked wicked gas pains that lasted waaaaaaay into my birthday sushi dinner at a restaurant (45 minute time record on that one - 3 kids + empty restaurant = perfect storm) - through angelfood cake with berries (note: hubby had bowling league tonight, so he sadly kissed me goodbye and whispered "Sorry honey" before he left - he got me flowers, the cake, and got us to the sushi restaurant and home in record time - he's good like that) and then it happily continued through dropping my 2nd son off to cubscouts alone because I couldn't be at the meeting because I was in just too much pain....
- the evil culprit that caused the memorable hideous birthday gas was: the dried fruit.
Note to self: skip dried fruit henceforth.
Happy Birthday to me!!
It is slowly ebbing away now. At least now I can laugh about it!
Is this TMI???
Honestly....the best part of my day was here at Spark - I have the best Sparkbuds a girl could ask for!! Lots of old and new friends combined create a great and supportive group and I just wanted you all to know how much I appreciate each and every one of you!
Saturday, February 26, 2011
Kind of a rough week for me. I am definitely PMS and the family being home & killing my routine did not help it at all...but on the treadmill this morning, I finally figured out what was off. It was CONTROL.
Control and it's lack thereof....or it's desire to have all...is an issue for a lot of people. I know it is for me.
I read somewhere on-line that Sara Rue, the new JC celebrity rep, finally had to relinquish CONTROL to someone else, her consultant and the food system to finally get a handle on her weight issues.
I read that on one of my friend's pages as well, as well as a Spark Article in Fitness about giving control over to a personal trainer.
It's a really big concept to finally reliquish control and physically BE controlled by another in order to move forward.
And then there are the CONTROLLERS - the ones that NEED to be in control in order to feel (insert psychobabble line here). Controlling ones food intake (or lack-thereof) is a power trip. Think about it: if you feel like you have no control over other aspects in life it is EASY to control that part. And if your unhappy about something or depressed, subconsciously, the eating control can be a wicked combination.
And then there are those that just want to have control relinquished for a bit in order to just BREATHE for a minute to find themselves...because all of the control that they have is a burden at times. Mom's, Dad's, Caregivers, bosses...etc...etc...so many fall into THIS category it's not funny.
Anyway....you get my drift...treadmills thoughts at work once again.
So where do you fall in the line-up?
Get An Email Alert Each Time ANNIEONLI Posts