Friday, November 25, 2011
How do I start this one.
Well, I don't want to lose any more weight (please don't hate me)...but to continue to maintain what I have going on. I will be useless to my team when it comes to weighin points if this is anything like the Biggest Loser! sorry guys.
So instead I will be focusing on my weakness - get ready for it, cue horn section: da da daaaaaa......my exercise! (no surprise there to those who know me! LOL)
Here we go...the goals:
1) Actually DO the strength training that I have set up on my fitness tracker for 3 days a week!
2) I would love to say "go outside and walk if weather permits" but really, it's winter, so I have to change that up...how about: Go on the treadmill and RUN at least one straight mile (or more) per session at least 2 times a week. (trust me, this is more than what I would do even if I were exercising like a fiend.)
3) Interact with my Team! My goodness, I am SO out of practice when it comes to teams...this one, watch out people, you will be sick of me by the end of this thing...when I start cheering you on, it ain't gonna stop!
4) I'd say "me time" but really, that is when I would exercise so instead I am going to put "me time with my friends!" I really have to get out and see my friends more....so once a week, I am going to try and see my friends, even if it is for an hour for coffee! I have to stop being a reclusive stay at home mom facebooking sparking shut-in. LoL
OK - I'm tapped out. Can't think of another thing. If I do, I will just come back and add it to the list.
Eww...I can't even determine a 5% change to calculate with this list! Weight-wise it would be a 6.5 pound loss...which would make me 124-ish. Like I said, I don't know if I want to go that way. I am all about 'maintainability' when it comes to weight...that is a bit low for me in my head. Oh well....how 'bout I just do this challenge and see where it take me. That is the plan.
OK Sparkers! See you on the boards!!!
Thursday, November 24, 2011
And hubby and I ran across the finish line together! Hand in hand too!!
We made it across in better time than we hand thought - I was figuring 45 minutes, but it turns out that we made it across the line in 34 minutes + a couple of seconds!
I am in shock!!!!!
Goes to show that doing a bit (no matter how cyclical one is with exercise over the year) - it does add up!
I cannot tell you how awesome it feels to finally say that I have done a 5K!!! Never thought I'd do that in my life!!
I have to thank my awesome friend Steph for wanting to do this, she is one of my inspirations!!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!
Saturday, November 19, 2011
AS an answer to my "Poison" blog from yesterday.
I made it through the 48 hours...and just got home from today's events a half hour ago....Pretty unscathed and pretty much what I had predicted in yesterday's blog. Like I said, I know my kids and their routine.
What I didn't expect was to have my youngest constantly complain that he was STAAAARRRRVVVING!!! at the birthday party a half hour into the thing....for another hour I had to give him some soda sips, some ice and then, when pizza finally came - it was one tiny measly slice that my oldest almost verbalized before I gave him the evil stare of "beggars can't be choosers" and "you get what you get and you don't get upset" look. yeah, after the pizza was inhaled, I had to deal with another set of "i want more's" in a more private off to the side conversation (ahem...meltdown/zone of shame)....but we made it though and left....and went to buy our own pizza at the pizzeria! LoL Meh, it happens. Can't control a party or a ravenous bunch of 5 year olds, now can we?
So now...I am here...still no wine in hand, although I WAS tempted to go and get some....but I see a bigger picture in sight: no bloat for Friday!! I like that....I am sticking to it. Not gonna happen if it ain't in the house. Honestly, the weekly cup here and there did leave a bigger bloat than I had thought now that I am 2 weeks without and seeing the difference. Wish I had figured this one out before my sister's wedding last May! LoL Hey, we live and we learn.
So that is that. Kids are happy now that they have been fed. The Hunter has yet to get anything....or see anything for that matter. My kids are totally awesome little people who are getting the fact that mommy gets stressed and they can help out in their own ways to make things better - they are good kids....they make me proud.
And now I am off to put on some pjs and do my strength training in a few.
Thanks for listening on that last blog...goes to show that "this too shall pass"
and why haven't I tattoo'd that on my body yet???
Friday, November 18, 2011
Ever get into one of those toxic moods where every single word and thought is like poison???
I am in one of those moods....and I know exactly why.
It happens every time I don't get a break from the usual everyday crap...the endless drudgery of being a mom-volunteer-wife-accountant-cook-houseke
lver-busdriver and the husband gets to leave the house to go to work, change things up by going away for the weekend (twice now this month, even though it is because he has to for training or hunting season), and hang with the guys on monday night football.
Yes, I am jealous. Pissy poisony jealous. Why? because THIS is my weekend coming up:
- kids on bus
- mop kitchen floor because a kid spilled an entire glass over EVERYthing in a 4 foot radius of himself.
- finish cleaning the upstairs bathroom
- laundry because NOONE has socks (if they only put them in the upstairs hampers they would have socks)
- make a target for pack night tonight because I cannot find the one from last year (of course!)
- clean the house in general because that is what goes on on Fridays
- Go out and get birthday gifts for tomorrow (don't overspend, have to keep a budget - just another added stress)
- pickup kids at busstop
- feed them
- Cubscout pack night tonight where I have to bring ALL of them, by myself, orchestrate a bunch of people because heaven forbid! someone else opens their mouths to keep things in order...all with my own 3 kids getting neglected by me because I have to do this job that somehow frazzles other people....all it does to me is get me pissy and furious.
- take a pie in the face at pack night because one of my scouts earned it by selling popcorn
- get kids home and to bed - at which point it will be 9:30 pm because HEAVEN FORBID these functions are short, sweet and to the point.
- with kids in tow - go to work at 8am
- Coverage already gotten from 8:45am to 10:15am to bring my youngest to his last soccer game of the year, at which I will freeze my arse off.
- head back to work to finish up the morning, where (guaranteed) my kids will start immediately whining that they are hungry and want lunch, like yesterday!
- 12-ish head home to feed kids & hang out
- 2pm - kiddie bowling birthday party! (at least here they will be fed pizza - early dinner! yay!)
- 5pm...another guaranteed moment - kids will want dinner #2 - oy!
- 6pm by this point in the day, I will have my pjs on and be sitting on the couch.
Go ahead - LAUGH at the predictability of it all. Go ahead! But here is the thing....I know this scenario well....it has been played out before, just like my pissy poison mood because I am left alone to do all this crap once again while my husband gets to have a change of scenery.
Really, that is all I want...a change of scenery and company. It really is not much to ask for is it? but it IS when you have the next month scheduled to what it seems like, the minute of every day....to the point of when it STOPS, you go "what do I do now with myself???"
I HATE these times. Makes me want to scream and stomp my feet and have a big-arsed tantrum like a two year old. Speaking of which, I did do a little bit today in front of the kids (not a good thing) and my behavior last night dropping the truck off at my in-laws was less than warm. All I wanted to do last night was to eat dinner and put on my pjs...but noooooo, we had to go have a visit instead of a quick drop-off because that is the right thing to do. I have never been this pissy in front of them, so I opened my mouth to leave earlier than they expected. It really has taken a lot of evergy NOT to scream at my husband "Don't go!" and verbally give him the diarrhea I just spewed out above.
It is selfish, I know. It SOUNDS selfish just writing it out like this, but it is what it is. It is POISON that I have to get out and right now, I feel like there is NOONE that I can spew it too except for you guys here on Spark. I DON'T complain on FB...I hate the people that do that.....where every single thing they post is negative. My BFF is away too...she went to Paris on business - another added bit of jealousy oozing out of my pores on that one there too....which means I cannot just give her a ring to vent and texting is just not satisfying.
And here's the other thing that annoys me: sure, I get out of the house for meetings once in a while...but they are OBLIGATIONS and not exactly what I WANT to do...it is what I HAVE TO do. A part of life...once again rearing it's ugly head.
So here I am...trying to vent this poison.
I'm debating on even posting this.....but I think I will....it is true and where I am right now. I don't want to eat....seriously, I have wanted to have some wine every night, but again, I am not going that route because I have my reunion in a week - to that I will be going non-bloated by alcohol consumption. I have gone so far as to not even have any in the house and to decline it at dinner with my in-laws the other night. Maybe that is why I am so pissy too....I am denying one of my small pleasures because of a stupid reunion that is AFTER Thanksgiving....one of the biggest eating days of the year! ROFL Am I a fool or what???? But still, I want to go into that room feeling good...not with post-turkey/wine bloat and gassy. I have that goal in sight...oh, yeah, and the 5K - I have to feel good to try and run that thing properly. Wine is just not worth it right now....but I do miss having a glass to unwind on the crazy days. (and don't go worrying about me - I am not an alcholic, but again, it sort of reads that I am! ROFL!)
OK - starting to feel a bit more sane now. Hubby has to go away with his dad hunting this weekend - it's their thing that has been a longtime coming. And he HAD to go to overnight training 2 weekends ago. I know for a fact that he is a home-body and would rather be with me & the kids, but this stuff is good for him in the long run....same thing with the Monday night football...he needs his friends.
But I guess...so do I right?
I'm thinking that when the BFF gets back from Paris, we do a girls night out...and my h.s BFFs I will be seeing next week - which will be here before I know it.
I just have to get through these 48 hours....of which a grand total of 10 are really not what I would want to do. I can rationalize that. I have to - I have no choice.
OK - off to start my day.
Thanks for "listening"
Get An Email Alert Each Time ANNIEONLI Posts