Thursday, July 24, 2014
So, where have I been for the last two years you may ask?
And my answer would be, “Oh you know, just gaining back every ounce of weight that I ever painstakingly lost.”
That's not entirely true. I'm still about 25lbs lighter that my original starting weight, but still, I have gained back 80+lbs during the last few years.
I've been upset and frustrated and angry at myself for letting it happen but I have finally come to terms with the fact that it is what it is and the only thing that is left to do is start fixing it. I have tried on and off to fix my weight but I have been largely unsuccessful. I've lost 30lbs here and there just to gain part of it back and lose again. Basically just yo-yo-ing back and forth.
The last few years haven't all been doom and gloom though. I did manage to move back home and get a new job. I'm a lot happier here and that has been the best thing for me. I was really unhappy in Iowa where I didn't know anyone & worked too much to get to know anyone. Now that I'm back in Georgia with my family and friends I'm in a much better mental state and I think I'm really at a good place to start losing weight again and not sabotage myself. I also really believe that writing a blog helps keep my accountable plus there's all the support from the online community which is really great. I think that's a large part of why my latest attempts (ie the last 2 years) to lose weight have been so unsuccessful. I really need the outlet and accountability I get by using this site.
I have made some new goals for myself and want to get started right away.
I have a friend who lives in California whom I have wanted to visit for years and just never felt comfortable enough to go. He's a guy and the situation is semi complicated. We're friends but I've always kinda wanted more, blah blah blah. That kinda thing. Haha! He's also in L.A. and I really want to visit there anyway so I asked if I could come out and he could show me around and he said, “Of course!” so that is now my new goal date.
I set a countdown timer on my phone and from tomorrow (7/24/14) I'll have 504 days until I'd fly out there. That's 72 weeks and with a weight loss average of 2lbs a week [aggressive I know but I like to think positive (: ] that'd be 144lbs. Right? I'm rubbish at math. Haha! That would put me at a healthy weight (Eeep! That's scary to think about.) of 146lbs.
So for goals I have 5 main ones I want to start working on right now. I will add more once I get these down for a week or two:
1. Remain under my calorie goals provided by the MyFitnessPal app.
2. Exercise 3-5x's per week on my treadmill @ 2.5-3mph for 45 min. Do as often as possible & a minimum of 3x's/week. I may have to tweak the speed since I haven't been on the treadmill in a little over a month & I'm not sure if I'll even be able to do 2.5mph for 45min. I'll find out tomorrow!
3. Weigh in and record weight with MFP weekly, preferably Thursday mornings.
4. Cook at home M-F. No going out for fast food or to restaurants during the week. I also want to eat clean M-F. Saturday & Sunday I'll allow myself to eat whatever I want as long as it in my calorie range.
M-F I also want to get my protein from non-animal sources. I have no moral reason for the last bit, I just don't particularly enjoy meat and I want to make sure I'm getting my protein to prevent as much muscle loss as I can. (:
5. Blog weekly, preferably Thursday evening after I weigh-in. I will also need to assess my week and add or make changes to my goals.
I think these look like some good goals for me to start. I will re-evaluate next Thursday & see where I'm at.
Thanks for reading!