Sunday, January 27, 2013
I totally forgot to post last night!
That said, here are my 6 awesome moments (as promised) of Day 4
1. I excavated my desk. After my PC crashed, my desk became the gathering place of all kinds of junk, sitting unused for many months. I had my laptop, so I just made myself comfy in my recliner. But when you're working/writing in a recliner all day.... man! My back was starting to bother me. So, I unburied the desk, and am sitting at it right now.
2. I baked with the kids. I know a lot of people love kids, but I hate when kids try to help in the kitchen. I'm a control nut, and I don't like giving that control over to many, especially not kids who are going to destroy my kitchen or sneeze in the food (Step son did that once. And he got his own plate of sneeze cookies). Anyway, so I let them help. They enjoyed it.
3. Wrote over 900 words on my novel! I know that's not a lot for a whole days worth of writing... but it's more than I've been able to crank out in quite some time! (If you wanna join me in this writing challenge, simply search Google + for the hashtag #100words100days, you'll find me. My name is Kim.)
4. I experimented with dinner. Made some chicken, black beans and rice that my Puerto Rican fiance said could have come straight from Puerto Rico. Compliment indeed.
5. I didn't overeat and I didn't go out to eat (even though I really, really, really want to- hence the above experimentation)
and my bonus
6. I had a few "Mental breakthroughs" that helped me figure out some stuff.
How are you doing today?
Friday, January 25, 2013
Today was kind of a nothing day. I did very little, so I don't really have much to say tonight. I'm still posting so I can say I didn't forget!
1. Ate the dinner I cooked yesterday, rather than forgetting about it. (Which happens more than it should!)
2. I did not overeat today.
3. I had only one drink that wasn't water, and it was some deeeeeelicious limeade. Totally worth it.
That's all I've got. But tomorrow, I'll make sure I fill up my five! Tell ya what, I'll even go for 6 tomorrow!
On another note, I watched Biggest Loser tonight. It's crazy inspiring, even if unrealistic for most of us. It really made me want to get off the couch, stop watching, and hit the gym. But it was too late. SO! So, I'm going to the gym in the morning.
Thursday, January 24, 2013
On to day two of the challenge!
Here are my 5 things for today:
1. I didn't overeat at dinner.
2. I completely reorganized my pantry. I can find things now!
3. I cooked a very healthy crockpot dinner... too bad I accidentally had it set on low and the meat was no where near done when I needed. So we had to eat out. Good news is tomorrows dinner is already done!
4. I made a lot of progress on my novel plot/outline.
5. I remembered to post this! *blushes* I almost forgot!
Wednesday, January 23, 2013
After seeing GONABFIT do a Loving Myself Challenge on her blog, I decided it rocked and I wanted to do it too!
The challenge is simple:
List 5 things you feel proud of/did well/succeeded at or just want to give yourself credit for.
I will do this for the rest of the month and for a full month in February.
So here's today:
1. I made myself a Strawberry/Peach/Oatmeal smoothie for breakfast today. Those fruits had been spending too much lonely time in the darkness of my freezer.
2. I started two challenges today: this one, and another writing related challenge. I have succeeded at both of them.
3. I made some completely homemade blackbeans today. Cracked red pepper, cayenne, garlic, onion, tomato... all I was missing was some cilantro (noted for next time!)
4. I logged into SP today. With my track record lately, this really is an accomplishment.
5. I helped the step kids learn to tell time today. Probably my biggest achievement today.... my maternal instincts involve running far, far away with ear plugs in. So this was pretty big.
What are you proud of today?
Thursday, January 17, 2013
I'm about to go out for my walk, but I just wanted to share with you a few lines from a book I'm reading "Just One Thing" by Rick Hanson
"Each of us is like a mosaic, with lots of lovely tiles, some that are basically neutral, and some that could use a little-ah-work. It's important to see the whole mosaic."
I just love this.
If you're looking at yourself and hating what you see, you're looking at the wrong parts! Take a break and then focus on the lovely tiles!
P.S. The vote for my sites logo was a success! If you want to know which won, or if you'd be interested in this weeks topic, 10 Ways to Fight Back With Love, stop by! www.uncopiedlife.com/2013/01/17/10-w
Get An Email Alert Each Time BUTRFLY_FREEDOM Posts