Wednesday, January 05, 2011
It's Wednesday, and so far, 2011 has been pretty wonderful. I've been sleeping well (today I got up without the alarm, and on time!), I've been working out well, and I've been eating well (save a few pieces of chocolate here and there). I've been keeping a positive attitude and making an effort not to fall into the "let's complain about work" at work thing. Which happens a lot... we get back to school, and a lot of the teachers say "oh, the break was too short. Can't believe we're back. Etc, etc." And I have to say, I don't mind being back. Would I like to be at home instead of school? Well sure. I can sit around in my sweatpants at home! But I love my job. I like to go to work. I love the kids, and I have so much fun with them. Every year I have gotten better at my job, and this year is the first year I really feel like I have a good handle on classroom management. My days are easier because of this. And very enjoyable.
So enough about school.
Yesterday i woke up at 5:00 to get my morning sweat in. Did a bit of circuit training, went to school, and then went *back* to the gym for some elliptical and yoga. For January, I committed to going to yoga and stretch class each week. Some days that means I will be at the gym twice in one day but that's ok. It's for January. And I think that knowing it was only for January was really helpful last night. At the end of the school day, all I wanted to do was go home. But I thought "I set a goal for January. And I will meet that goal." So I went to the gym and had a really great workout. And I slept like a log. I think this evening workout thing has some positives... I don't want to plan anything else, but I will keep in mind how good it feels to get in an evening workout. Hm.
- Drink four Siggs of water
- Stick to a lite drink at Starbucks tonight - I'm meeting a friend for coffee after school.
- clean up the house
- pack my lunch for tomorrow
- get clothes ready for tomorrow
Have a super day!
Monday, January 03, 2011
That I can get ready for school in less than 40 minutes if I really have to. The iPhone was having alarm problems, and I *knew* this, but I didn't bother to check if it was fixed. It obviously wasn't, as I woke up at 7:30 this morning. Oops. I wanted to get up at 5:00, get in a swim, make my pasta for lunch... no such luck. But I spun what could have been a really crappy day into something really great. So what the heck is so great about getting up late?
- I got ten hours of sleep. And it felt WONderful.
- When I got home from school, I didn't feel like crashing on the couch. I got a lot of stuff done! Almost everything is crossed off my list. I'm going to earn a few more Spark points, and then go get my clothes ready for tomorrow.
- I pulled myself together in less than an hour. I even had my coffee! Hair wasn't completely dry, but that's what headbands are for.
- It made me thankful that I had my school bag packed up last night, and that I bought an "emergency lunch" (frozen dinner) at the grocery store yesterday. I didn't know I'd need it so quickly!
- My energy level was sky high today. While most other people were complaining about how tired they were, I was totally NOT tired. Wahoo!
So it turned out to be a really good day. However, I still plan on going to the gym in the morning... I like coming home from school and having the evening to myself. I can sit around, get some stuff done, and relax. So tomorrow I will set my phone AND the "real" alarm clock (even though I checked my phone alarm, and it works...) and start my intended 2011 schedule.
Lunch is packed, food is entered for the day... I just need to get my clothes ready for tomorrow and register for Just a Short Run at the end of March. Yahoo!
Sunday, January 02, 2011
I have to say, I'm very good at doing the routine things. I do the laundry regularly, I wash the dirty dishes right away, I take out the trash when it needs to go out... but something I struggle with is getting the "other" stuff done. The not-routine stuff. Like buying new bras. It's more fun to go out and try on sweaters and jeans and coats. Bras, not so much. But i know I need them. Ugh. So I am making an appointment with myself to buy bras - next time I drive down to my mom's house for the symphony (at the end of January), I am going to go into Macy's and buy some new bras.
Something else I've been putting off because it's seemed overwhelming is opening an ebay account to sell some stuff. I have this suit - it's a nice suit - and it doesn't fit anymore. It's beyond alterations. I didn't really want to *give* it away, I paid a lot of money for it. And I know that if I gave it to my mom, it would sit in her closet for "someday" when it would fit. And since honey and I are trying to save a bit of money, I thought selling it on ebay would be perfect. I've thought this for a long time, but never did anything about it. But today I did. I set up my account, did my Pay Pal, ordered some boxes, took a picture of the suit, and I'm ready to go. I will list it when my boxes come - but I wrote up the description and all I have to do is post it. I'm starting with the suit, and if I have some luck, I will put some more stuff on. It's exciting! (I know ebay isn't a new thing, but I just haven't hopped on the ebay boat until now.)
I need to vacuum out my car today... it's one of those things I just don't do, because it's not part of my routine. And besides, I'd rather stay in my house. Sigh. But today is relatively warm, so I guess today would be a good day to do it. "Suck it up and do it," is what my mom and I always say.
- I had a great workout at the gym
- I drank all my water already, but I'm still going strong
- Laundry is getting done
- I'm feeling good!
Have a super day!
Saturday, January 01, 2011
My two year Spark-Versary!!!
Friday, December 31, 2010
I LOVE to make lists. The physical act of writing is really wonderful for me, so I have tons of written lists all over the place. I have given up keeping a paper planner, but I have two calendars at home and I keep a written weekly calendar on the fridge. I guess the more I write things down, the more easily I remember to do them.
So I'm ready for 2011. I'm ready to take a fresh look at what I'm doing and change up the routine a little bit. I have trouble sticking to something for a long time (except for Spark - my two year Spark-versary is tomorrow!), so in 2011 I am going to commit to a schedule/plan for a month.
- Spark in the morning
- gym in the morning (for about an hour)
- after school: pack lunch, get clothes ready for the next day
- eight hours of sleep
- Go to weekly Yoga and stretch classes. I haven't gone to either class in weeks, and I miss it. I feel my flexibility going away. I will commit to this for January.
- Plan meals and enter them into Spark on Sunday, after the grocery shopping. Change as needed during the week. I originally was going to enter them in on Friday, *after* I had eaten them, but after reading other blogs and thinking about it, I decided that planning my meals would be better for me. Again, this is for January.
- Send out a snail mail card every week. Or more, if I feel like it, but at least one.
Daily in January:
- Drink 4 Siggs of water
- weigh in each morning - not that I'm focused on the number, but weighing in makes me think twice about food choices. Like this morning, I weighed in - and at lunch, I didn't shove every last french fry into my mouth because the scale number was in my head. It made me really think about my fullness level.
I am ready to get rid of this tummy in 2011. I'm not unhappy with my body, but I want to be THRILLED with my body.
Have a safe, healthy, and happy New Year!!!
Get An Email Alert Each Time CARILOUIE Posts