Monday, January 03, 2011
That I can get ready for school in less than 40 minutes if I really have to. The iPhone was having alarm problems, and I *knew* this, but I didn't bother to check if it was fixed. It obviously wasn't, as I woke up at 7:30 this morning. Oops. I wanted to get up at 5:00, get in a swim, make my pasta for lunch... no such luck. But I spun what could have been a really crappy day into something really great. So what the heck is so great about getting up late?
- I got ten hours of sleep. And it felt WONderful.
- When I got home from school, I didn't feel like crashing on the couch. I got a lot of stuff done! Almost everything is crossed off my list. I'm going to earn a few more Spark points, and then go get my clothes ready for tomorrow.
- I pulled myself together in less than an hour. I even had my coffee! Hair wasn't completely dry, but that's what headbands are for.
- It made me thankful that I had my school bag packed up last night, and that I bought an "emergency lunch" (frozen dinner) at the grocery store yesterday. I didn't know I'd need it so quickly!
- My energy level was sky high today. While most other people were complaining about how tired they were, I was totally NOT tired. Wahoo!
So it turned out to be a really good day. However, I still plan on going to the gym in the morning... I like coming home from school and having the evening to myself. I can sit around, get some stuff done, and relax. So tomorrow I will set my phone AND the "real" alarm clock (even though I checked my phone alarm, and it works...) and start my intended 2011 schedule.
Lunch is packed, food is entered for the day... I just need to get my clothes ready for tomorrow and register for Just a Short Run at the end of March. Yahoo!
Sunday, January 02, 2011
I have to say, I'm very good at doing the routine things. I do the laundry regularly, I wash the dirty dishes right away, I take out the trash when it needs to go out... but something I struggle with is getting the "other" stuff done. The not-routine stuff. Like buying new bras. It's more fun to go out and try on sweaters and jeans and coats. Bras, not so much. But i know I need them. Ugh. So I am making an appointment with myself to buy bras - next time I drive down to my mom's house for the symphony (at the end of January), I am going to go into Macy's and buy some new bras.
Something else I've been putting off because it's seemed overwhelming is opening an ebay account to sell some stuff. I have this suit - it's a nice suit - and it doesn't fit anymore. It's beyond alterations. I didn't really want to *give* it away, I paid a lot of money for it. And I know that if I gave it to my mom, it would sit in her closet for "someday" when it would fit. And since honey and I are trying to save a bit of money, I thought selling it on ebay would be perfect. I've thought this for a long time, but never did anything about it. But today I did. I set up my account, did my Pay Pal, ordered some boxes, took a picture of the suit, and I'm ready to go. I will list it when my boxes come - but I wrote up the description and all I have to do is post it. I'm starting with the suit, and if I have some luck, I will put some more stuff on. It's exciting! (I know ebay isn't a new thing, but I just haven't hopped on the ebay boat until now.)
I need to vacuum out my car today... it's one of those things I just don't do, because it's not part of my routine. And besides, I'd rather stay in my house. Sigh. But today is relatively warm, so I guess today would be a good day to do it. "Suck it up and do it," is what my mom and I always say.
- I had a great workout at the gym
- I drank all my water already, but I'm still going strong
- Laundry is getting done
- I'm feeling good!
Have a super day!
Saturday, January 01, 2011
My two year Spark-Versary!!!
Friday, December 31, 2010
I LOVE to make lists. The physical act of writing is really wonderful for me, so I have tons of written lists all over the place. I have given up keeping a paper planner, but I have two calendars at home and I keep a written weekly calendar on the fridge. I guess the more I write things down, the more easily I remember to do them.
So I'm ready for 2011. I'm ready to take a fresh look at what I'm doing and change up the routine a little bit. I have trouble sticking to something for a long time (except for Spark - my two year Spark-versary is tomorrow!), so in 2011 I am going to commit to a schedule/plan for a month.
- Spark in the morning
- gym in the morning (for about an hour)
- after school: pack lunch, get clothes ready for the next day
- eight hours of sleep
- Go to weekly Yoga and stretch classes. I haven't gone to either class in weeks, and I miss it. I feel my flexibility going away. I will commit to this for January.
- Plan meals and enter them into Spark on Sunday, after the grocery shopping. Change as needed during the week. I originally was going to enter them in on Friday, *after* I had eaten them, but after reading other blogs and thinking about it, I decided that planning my meals would be better for me. Again, this is for January.
- Send out a snail mail card every week. Or more, if I feel like it, but at least one.
Daily in January:
- Drink 4 Siggs of water
- weigh in each morning - not that I'm focused on the number, but weighing in makes me think twice about food choices. Like this morning, I weighed in - and at lunch, I didn't shove every last french fry into my mouth because the scale number was in my head. It made me really think about my fullness level.
I am ready to get rid of this tummy in 2011. I'm not unhappy with my body, but I want to be THRILLED with my body.
Have a safe, healthy, and happy New Year!!!
Wednesday, December 29, 2010
I don't know how I ever used to wait until January 1st to start my resolutions. I was ready to go on December 26th, when I woke up with a Christmas Hangover and my tummy was begging me not to put any more cookies into it.
Yesterday I went out and bought a scale. There is one at my gym, but I'm not always there at the same time from week to week. So even though I know that home scales tend to show a lighter weight than what the "true weight" is, it will at least be consistent. And really, its more to keep me accountable than to actually worry about the number. Sure I'd like to lose some more weight, but it's more helpful for me to know that I have to get on the scale each morning - is a pint of ice cream worth it?
In my last blog I wrote how I didn't really want to make yearly goals - I don't do well with long-term goals like that. But after thinking about it, I *did* come up with something I'd like to do this year. I'd like to send out a card a week. It can be to a friend, to a family member... just a hand-written note to let someone know I'm thinking of them.
I just got back from a great gym session. I did about 90 minutes worth of elliptical, circuit training, and treadmill. It felt really good... The hardest step for me is actually leaving my house to go to the gym. I am getting better at taking that step.
Drank a ton of water today, and I'm still drinking strong! I definitely felt fuller when I ate my dinner (a salad with chicken and a piece of bread). I have one more Sigg to drink, and then I will treat myself to a glass of wine.
Filled the freezer with some delicious vegetarian chili. It uses bulgur as the "meat," and it's very very tasty.
Brad (my honey) and I sat with our finances today. We went over our bills and decided that we were going to start mixing together more of our money and our payments. Tomorrow we're going to the bank to open a joint account for shared expenses... it's a big step. I've always taken a lot of pride in being independent; this step will show me that my independence isn't being taken away, rather, it's strengthening our commitment to each other. We will keep separate accounts for our own purchases, but we're going to start sharing more of the big expenses.
I have done a lot today, and I am tired. I think I'll take some time to relax. I hate to say this, but winter break will be over before I know it and I'll be bummed out if I don't take time to just be lazy.
Get An Email Alert Each Time CARILOUIE Posts