Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Yesterday I put it out there that I was thinking about becoming a Personal Trainer, or at least getting certified. I guess I still have that Unfit Girl Mentality, because the first thing that went through my mind was "are you kidding me? *me* be a trainer? HA!" But I got such great support... Spark is helping me to see who I've become instead of clinging to who I once was.
I think it's important not to forget where we started, but it's just as (or more) important to embrace the people we've become.
So you all have inspired me to do some horn-tooting here.
Why I'd Be a Great Trainer
- I have great form when I do weights.
- I'm very organized.
- I'm super positive! (Which isn't everyone's cup of tea, but there are people out there who would want that!)
- I have my own story of eating right and working out to get to a healthy weight. No pills! No crazy diets! Just hard work, proving that it CAN be done!
- I'm very interested in how the body works. Since I started going to the chiropractor and running, I've been fascinated by everything working together like it does.
What a great goal this would be for me... I'm going to ask my gym tonight what they look for when they hire a trainer (certifications), and go from there.
- water water water (I'm back to wearing my Silly Bands, and they helped SO much yesterday)
- Yoga after school (snow, please stay away until *after* my yoga class)
- Cross some piddly stuff off my to-do list
Have a super day!
Monday, January 24, 2011
Saturday was my first Body Pump class. It was PACKED! There were 30 of us squeezed into the workout room, but all the extra equipment was out in the hall so it wasn't too bad.
I didn't really know what to expect - I checked out the bar and the weights, thought "well this isn't too heavy..." So off we went. Great music, and the best part is that the moves are all in time with the music. I am a music teacher and nothing drives me more insane than fitness classes where the moves don't line up with the music.
There were a few parts of the class where next time I'll definitely have to up the weights, but there were definitely parts that were challenging. Today my biceps are hurting (that bicep song is tough!) and my quads are SCREAMING at me. Looks like I've been slacking on my lunges more than I thought.
So it was a great class. It is going to be added to the gym schedule in February, so I'm looking forward to many more sore days.
So the last couple weeks have been all over the place, eating-wise, for me. I thought it would be really fun to start a tradition of having a Belgian waffle on a snow day. What I didn't count on is four snow days in three weeks. Last week we had two. I don't need to be eating two Belgian waffles in a week. And last week, my brother left for the Middle East to teach math. So I went to visit him and my mom before he left, and of course we just ate like crazy - taking in all the local food before he left. Pulled pork, pizza, SOS, chocolate cake... ugh. And the wine! I can't even tell you how much wine I've had in the last few days.
So this morning I got on the scale - AAAAAAHHHH. I don't really feel lumpy and bumpy, but I also don't like seeing the number on the scale slowly creeping up. This has happened before - my family has something big happen (last time it was my grandmother passing away) and I use it as an excuse to eat eat eat and not worry about whether or not it's healthy for me.
January has been kind of a "get back to the gym on a regular schedule" month, and I was going to use February as a "my body loves whole foods!" month, but I think I'll start that a week early. I am going to get back to the water wrist bands... and I have my clothes packed for the gym after school.
Have a super day!
Sunday, January 23, 2011
- went shopping.
- had a really amazing dinner before the symphony. Butternut squash soup with curry and crab, cherry BBQ short rib over brioche, figs stuffed with gorgonzola and wrapped in bacon, pecan pie bar with ice cream. YUM
- visited with my mom. She needed a visit, and it was symphony night. She's really a bit of a mess since my brother left...
- took a looooooooong nap
- am having a really good dinner with my honey
- getting psyched up for this week's snowstorm
- morning gym (brrrrr!)
- drink all my water (four Siggs of water)
I'm considering getting certified to be a personal trainer. I think this will happen over the summer, but I want to get in contact with my gym to talk about what they look for in a trainer (not that I want to work at my gym, but just to see what they look for in general). This will make me more marketable when we move, and it will give me something else I can do. I've been thinking about it for a while... Brad likes the idea, too. And I think the summer will be the perfect time to do it.
Saturday, January 22, 2011
- Body Pump. I am super excited for this class. I've heard such great things about it, and my gym is finally getting the class. Yahoo! I had to register last week - it's going to be packed.
- Shopping. I haven't been shopping since the end of December. (Well, there was that one day, but that's nothing compared to what I usually do.) I put off getting some things I thought I *needed* because I wanted to see if I really did need them. And you know what? I didn't *need* any of the things I thought I did. But since today is a fun shopping day, I have a few things on my list that I want.
- Dinner and symphony with mom. This is a good weekend to have symphony - my brother left for Qatar on Thursday. He lived at home, so my mom was really used to having him around. She didn't really get a chance to plan - he applied for the job last Thursday, and one week later, he was on a plane. Phew! So I'm going to hang out with my mom for a while, help her get some stuff organized...
It is SOOOO cold. I can't even stand it. It's in the single digits and I am freezing!
- stick to the shopping plan
- enjoy dinner (we're going to a place with really delicious food - I like to get a couple appetizers as my meal and have one of their incredible homemade desserts)
Have a super day!
Friday, January 21, 2011
Four snow days in three weeks - holy moly!
So it was, of course, another Belgian waffle/Maury day. What a guilty pleasure!
I managed to get my rear to the gym today. I got in about 45 minutes of cardio. Tomorrow morning is Body Pump - I'm excited to go. I'm looking forward to something new and different.
I drank lots of water today, and I ate pretty well (after the waffle).
Slept for a while... I think I'm trying to keep away some kind of sickness. Tonight is more couch time with some hot tea.
My brother made it to Doha safely. I took a personal day yesterday to see him off and be with my mom, and I'm glad I did. It was some much needed family time.
Get An Email Alert Each Time CARILOUIE Posts