Wednesday, February 23, 2011
I am in a funk. A serious funk here, people. Well, maybe not *serious*, but a funk nonetheless. I feel like Thursday and Friday's BEAUTIFUL weather was a big "Eff you" from Mother Nature, who promptly brought us back into the single digit temperatures and dropped six inches of snow. And to add insult to injury, the snow came on a day we had off anyway. So we didn't even get a snow day out of it!!!! WTH
I haven't been to the gym since Saturday. Bleh. Last night was Brad's night off, so I wanted to come right home. This afternoon I felt like poo, so I didn't want to go tonight.
This was my night:
- bag of chips (it was the 4-serving bag, "only" 600 calories) eaten ON THE WAY HOME from the grocery store. I HATE eating in the car - I think it looks awful - but I couldn't help it.
- PB&J sandwich - Brad had made some bread (YUM) and I was SO excited that I could throw together a sandwich instead of cook.
- Mango Sorbet - this was maybe only (ha! only!) 300 calories worth of sorbet. I'll tell you what, though... Haagen Dazs sorbet is absolutely AMAZING.
- Nap on the couch while watching Lost Without a Trace (that and Criminal Minds... I could spend a whole day watching it. Oh wait - I did. On President's Day ION TV had a Criminal Minds marathon. I was in heaven.)
- Wake up and talk to my mom... her dog is at a Dog Lodge... she's away on a trip, so her baby is being boarded for the week. She (the dog) has a suite with a pink princess bed. She gets doggie play time. She gets a nap EVERY DAY. She may even get her nails done (by "done," I mean painted). I think I want to stay at the Dog Lodge.
- Wander aimlessly around the internet and end up at Zappos where I find myself looking at running shoes.
And this is where the title of my blog comes in.
I found my running shoes in PURPLE. Not just the little Brooks thingie on the side, THE WHOLE SHOE. WITH BLUE LACES. WHAT?!?!?!?!? How excited am I!!!! I was planning to buy new shoes anyway; I need to get my arse back outside and running, but I just HAD to buy these tonight. They should be here within a week. And I suddenly got this urge to be healthy again. Like go to the gym and stop eating chips healthy. Like suck it up and get up early for a gym session healthy. Like "remember how good it feels to go to the gym early and get it over with" healthy. I am even going to set my alarm tonight so I go tomorrow before school. When I'm half asleep it's harder to talk myself out of the gym.
So I'm off to take a bath, get my gym clothes ready for tomorrow morning, and plan some sort of workout for when I get there. Next week is my "official" start of The New Rules of Lifting for Women workout and getting back into a running routine, but I can certainly do something worthwhile tomorrow morning.