Wednesday, March 23, 2011
You know the rhyme "Engine, Engine, Number Nine"?
Today was Snow Day #9. We will be having school on Flag Day.
Brad and I had pizza for lunch and I got to be lazy (again). Cleaned a bathroom and did some laundry. Got almost everything packed for Pittsburgh this weekend. JASR!!!
I tweaked my right hammy at the gym, so I didn't do any strength training today. I would like to make it through the 5K this weekend! If only I wouldn't be a fair-weather runner...
I can't wait for this weekend! It is going to be great meeting so many Spark Buddies. It's a little weird that I've been on Spark for over two years and I've only met one Spark Buddy (Hi Mike!). So this will be a big weekend for me. Yahoo!
Not too much to report today... off to pack tomorrow's lunch and then a hot bath.
Sunday, March 20, 2011
I woke up with every intention of keeping it lazy today. But that just wasn't in the cards. I re-organized the upstairs and moved some furniture around... did tons of laundry!
Made some bread dough... I LOVE fresh baked bread. It's so nice to have it in the house!
Today was beautiful - sunny, just a little breeze... perfect for a run. I was cleaning, and I said to myself "self, at 4:00 you need to get out there." I was really excited, but as 4:00 got closer, the less excited I got. It would be so much easier to just sit around! The whole "just put on your running shoes and see what happens" thing feels like it was made for me. I got ready to go, and immediately I was excited about getting outside again.
Last Thursday I went running on some streets by my house for the first time. So today I went again. What great running! There are some hills, and the traffic is light. I felt totally safe this afternoon. So it looks like I will be getting back into a running routine! Hooray!
The bad thing about today was that my IT band started acting up around mile 2. I have honestly been a running slacker this winter, even on the treadmill, and I think my IT band was not happy that I went from running 15 minutes on the treadmill to running two miles outside on the roads with hills. When I turned around, I decided to walk home. Got home, stretched, iced, rolled, repeated. I will be icing and rolling before I go to bed.
Eating was super good today.
Breakfast - toast with ricotta and jelly
Lunch - perch with green beans and roasted potatoes
Snack - grapes, banana, carrots with hummus
Dinner - salad with salmon, grapes and walnuts - balsamic vinaigrette
Sweet - plain yogurt with honey
Saturday, March 19, 2011
This is the second day in a row where I have come home from work/errands/shopping and crashed on the couch. I slept for about two hours tonight when I came home, and I did the same thing last night. I don't know if I'm fighting something off or if I just really need sleep, but either way, I've been sleeping a lot lately!
Today I met my best friend for lunch - I totally pigged out on a delicious burger and fries, and a piece of cherry crumb a la mode for dessert. YUM. So wonderful. I couldn't possibly eat anything after that, so that was just about it for eating today.
Not much to say... I'm excited about Spring!!!!
Friday, March 18, 2011
So after a couple glasses of wine, my thoughts are coming rapidly and in list form.
- This meditation class I've been taking has been wonderful. I feel much more calm in general, and I have been even MORE positive. A few colleagues and my principal commented today on my positive attitude.
- I haven't been taking much stock in the scale lately, instead going by how my clothes fit and how I feel. Today I wore a super-cute outfit and felt great. I feel strong - I've been consistent at the gym, and my eating habits are improving every day.
- Breakfasts have been smaller - which I think is a good thing for me. My tea is filling me up (is that weird?) so I've been sticking with a piece of fruit and usually a small something else. I have been going between eating big breakfasts and small ones. My body is telling me what to do.
- The no coffee thing is going really well. I never intended to give up coffee, but since I didn't drink any when I was sick anyway, I thought I'd see if I could give up the morning joe. It wasn't that I didn't like coffee anymore, but I wanted to see if I could get away from being addicted to the caffeine. It scared me a little bit when I had a horrible migraine from a caffeine withdrawal. So far the tea has been doing it for me.
- Brad and I are planning a trip into Manhattan. I can't wait! I LOVE LOVE LOVE New York City. I love the busy-ness. I love the food. I love the walking. I love the parks. I love the shopping. I love the fact that you can get almost anything you want! I love that I can be myself and a little bit extra. I love people watching.
- JASR is SOOOOO close and I can't wait!!!!
- My date-nut cake is just about ready for some icing. I am SO excited for a big piece tonight.
- I ate chips for dinner tonight and don't feel bad about it. I had some fruit, too, so all is well.
- The Man Workout is amazing. I can't believe how awesome it makes me feel.
- I have re-discovered my love for shopping. I am no longer thinking "well, I'll lose about 10 more pounds... blah blah blah." NO. I am fabulous now and I will dress like I am.
- I really have to ice my date nut cake. It's ridiculously good. The icing is ricotta cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla. From The New Moosewood Cookbook. That cookbook is like my bible!
- I got two really really nice compliments from my colleagues today. One was that my student input forms were always thorough - the ones I have to fill out for kids being evaluated. The other one was from the secretary - she told me that I was her favorite music teacher out of all the ones she's worked with (and she'd been doing this a long time!) because I have such good interaction with the kids. What a wonderful day.
Get An Email Alert Each Time CARILOUIE Posts