Thursday, August 11, 2011
I am so pumped I could burst. My neighbor called me today for a couple reasons - they are all good.
1) I can schedule the siding guy to come and repair our siding. FINALLY. As un-excited as I am to be shelling out over 10K to have it fixed, I am SUPER excited to have it fixed up and looking great.
2) There is new information about the break-in that happened in June! I'm not getting into details, but I have a feeling that some good things are going to happen soon. Keep your fingers crossed!
- I did my run this morning. I did 3 minutes run, 2 minutes walk. It felt good. I mean, good in a "my legs are like lead from yesterday's strength training but I'm still running" good.
- It's sunny and not humid!!!
- I am going to meet my brother for dinner tonight, after I exchange some pants and a shirt and look for some new khakis. It takes me forever to find a good pair of khakis! I like to find them with a straight pocket in the front - the side pockets often stick out. Ugh.
- My hair is getting longer and I am not sick of it! I am experimenting with some new products and I found one I really like (Paul Mitchell The Cream Styling Conditioner, BTW).
- I went to my dermatologist on Tuesday, and in their skin center, I got a makeup consultation. I found some makeup I absolutely LOVE so I'll be ordering it before school starts (Jane Iredale Dream Tint, BTW). I have a facial scheduled for next Wednesday. I can't wait!!!
- Got some new sheets yesterday. Our cousins (well, my in-law (!) cousins, Brad's *real* cousins) sent us a very nice check for our marriage. I can't wait to wash them and put them on... 630 thread count, woot woot!
Time to get ready... I want to get my shopping done *before* dinner. Nothing is worse (well, there are worse things) than trying on khakis after you eat.
Have a super sparky day!
Monday, August 08, 2011
I guess there's a reason that "getting back to basics" is such a popular idea. I did just that by charting my water, my workouts and my sleep, and it's only been a week but I feel so much better already. My sleeping has been sound and deep, my mood has improved, and my self esteem has gone up. I even decided to take the Spark Approach to tracking my food just to notice patterns and to be aware; not really to track calories, but just to reacquaint myself with the calories in what I eat. And a funny thing happened after I did this for a couple of days... I started caring again about what I was putting into my body.
I've gone back to reading blogs, to commenting on blogs, to posting on message boards, to sending lots of goodies, to clicking on articles and actually *reading* them and using the ideas!
I started reading the book Women Food and God and it's very interesting. The summer is the perfect time for me to be reading self-improvement books because I have lots of time to reflect and act on what I read. In reading the book I've discovered that I need to pay more attention to my body and if it's really hungry. I know I've been getting lazy with the eating. And even though I've been eating lots of fruits and veggies, I still am eating them when I'm not hungry. It's still food, and it's still being eaten when I'm not actually hungry. So this is something I'm working on.
I also started writing in a journal (again). One of the points in the book is that some people eat to mask feelings. And it's been a stressful month - my mom hasn't talked to me because of the wedding thing (*side note - she actually *did* talk to me through my brother and wants to do dinner sometime soon. This is a good thing.) and it's been eating me up inside. I didn't realize how much I was hurting because of it until I started writing it down. I was being all strong (well, trying to be, anyway) and I kept telling myself that I wasn't really that bothered by her not talking to me. But it turns out that I am. But the point is that journaling has really helped me with this issue. And I think I'm almost ready to talk to her about it.
Today's Good Stuff!
I drank all my water and more!
I went to the gym this morning and got in a run! Hooray for running and getting sweaty!
My dinner was super delish - salmon with farm potatoes and carrots and onions.
I had lots of fruit!
I'm feeling less lumpy-dumpy!
I *finally* cleaned the downstairs tub! (We don't use it as a shower - it's more of the cleaning area, and it was filled with painting stuff from when I did my closet room !)
I have enough calories left today so that I can have a mug of hot milk!
Sunday, August 07, 2011
I'm excited about how my new-old habits are forming. This morning I woke up and my muscles were pretty sore, so I thought I'd take today as a rest day. But after I washed my face, I decided to take an easy swim day. After all, I *did* plan today as a cardio day on my calendar. And I'm so glad I went! This afternoon I went to a local festival with a friend and her husband, and of course they have wonderful fair food. For lunch I had cheese fries (MMM) and before we left I had a funnel cake. It had been SOOOO long since I'd had a funnel cake. And it was totally worth it.
On my drive home, I thought of how great it was that I was already at the gym this morning. Not that my swim worked off even CLOSE to the number of calories in my funnel cake and fries, but it was better than not doing anything.
So I'm feeling pretty good. I still had dinner tonight - I was hungry! - but it wasn't anything crazy. I had some pizza and for a sweet I had a Julie's Organic Chocolate Bar. They only have 100 calories per bar, and they are super delicious. Very creamy and yum. A little expensive, but a bar is better for me because I won't eat the whole stinkin' tub of ice cream!
I definitely need a hot bath tonight. I am sore and feeling gross from today's festival. It was SO hot and humid. Bleh.
Off to run a bath! Hope your weekend was stupendous!
Get An Email Alert Each Time CARILOUIE Posts