Tuesday, December 06, 2011
So for quite a while, over the summer and the fall, I didn't really have any fitness-related events to look forward to. I think this might be part of the reason I gained back some weight. No 5ks to run, no gym challenges to train for... so my gym time slacked and my nutrition slacked. After all, I kind of expected at least *some* weight to come off. But alas, it crept back on.
Anyway, I now have some fitness goals and I keep reminding myself of them as I haul myself off to the gym at 6am.
JASR in March!
Tough Mudder in April!
Run for the Red 5K in May!
And those events are coming up faster than I think. They have a definite date. Weight loss does not. Weight loss is affected by salt, water, TOM, stress, etc. but events are just THERE. They don't care if you had too many McNuggets the week before, they still go on. I think that's why I am more successful when I look forward to an event or have something to work toward.
I am seriously considering getting my hair chopped. I am so tired of drying my hair every day... Ugh. I think I'll call my salon today and see if they have anything for this evening.
Drink all my water (yesterday was great!)
KEEP AWAY from the vending machine (yesterday I didn't go to the vending machine, but I *did* have a piece of birthday cake. Urgh.)
Have a super day!
Monday, December 05, 2011
Sigh... I think I really need to make a list of non-scale victories. I got on the scale this morning, and it made me a little sad.
So here goes:
- Even though I put on a few pounds, I am feeling better about myself. I bought some fun new workout gear and am thrilled to put it on to go to the gym. Nothing makes me feel worse than getting ready to go to the gym and having my freakin' workout clothes too tight!
- My water drinking has been awesome!
- I am eating less. I can't eat as much as I used to - so now my body just needs to let go of some fat!
- I am feeling positive, despite the scale.
- drink all my water (I discovered that drinking hot water with lemon is DELICIOUS and a great way for me to get my water in. I think I'll be drinking lots of hot tea this winter - I love getting my water in this way!)
- track all my food - this is an area I seriously need to work on. It's so hard for me just to SIT DOWN AND TRACK. I don't know why, I'm always on the computer... hubby will be a great help for me - I'm going to have him ask me "did you enter your food today?"
- keep busy at work. When I don't keep myself busy, I eat. NO VENDING MACHINE
This morning I did a killer strength training workout. I started working with a trainer again, which is wonderful. Today was back and biceps. And I even got an e-mail from her asking me how it was going so far! Yahoo!
Later this afternoon the contractor is coming over to take a look at one of the bedrooms. It is seriously water-damaged from where the chimney was leaking (but is now fixed!), and it needs to be taken care of before we get the house ready to sell. Yes, we are talking about that again. It kind of took a back seat because of various reasons...
Off to get ready for school!
Saturday, November 26, 2011
I just love that saying. It has nothing to do with my blog, I just love saying it.
Did you ever get that feeling that you just want to spend some time alone? I mean, I love love love my husband and I love spending time with him. I love my family and I love spending time with them, but sometimes it's overwhelming.
I have been spending lots of time with Brad and I love it, but you know, sometimes I just want to sit on the couch zoning out to Iron Man. Sometimes I just want to sit and mindlessly play Angry Birds.
Thanksgiving was a little weird this year. We decided to go out to eat (mistake!) just to make everything easier. This is the first big holiday that both our families have been together since we got married, and it just was weird. I feel like my mom is still bitter about the way we got married, and we're just not as close as we used to be. And it makes me sad. It made me especially sad on Thursday - she and my brother drove up, and after lunch drove right home. I don't know how to explain the feeling... it just makes me a little sad. I wish things could go back to the way they used to be... I know you can't go back, but still. I guess it's just going to take time...? I hope.
Today Brad and I are going into Manhattan. yay! I am super excited to go- I love the city! I feel bad - yesterday I was kind of a brat just because I was feeling funny from Thanksgiving. I was whiny about something dumb, and it just made the evening uncomfortable. I think Brad is a little nervous about going today - but I'm over my brattiness today. I just needed to sleep it off.
- drink all my water, even if that means I have to buy bottled water throughout the day
- make healthy food choices - I don't need to act like this is the last time I'll ever be in NYC.
- take it easy on the credit card... I get tempted very easily in the city!
- Look for new glasses frames
- Be nice!
Have a great day! It's going to be beautiful!
Get An Email Alert Each Time CARILOUIE Posts