Thursday, December 08, 2011
I can't say that today was the best eating day. It was kind of a rough day all around. There was no 2-hour delay, and I was really really sad about that. My car's defroster seems to have lost some of its oomph, and it took a very long time for my windows to clear. I stepped on the gas and prayed when it was time to merge onto the highway. Oops.
My driver's side window decided to stop working, and it wouldn't close all the way when I got to Starbucks. I had to pull it up by hand. All this BEFORE 7:15. So I got into Starbucks and all sanity went out the window. A peppermint mocha latte and pumpkin scone later (eeek) and I had over half my day's calories. Sigh.
So then I got to school and was feeling pretty miserable. I was up all night last night with a cough, and it wasn't getting any better. A bit into my last class of the morning, the secretary came into my room with a small piece of paper (which is NEVER good) and told me I had to cover lunch duty for first grade. Lunch duty is AWFUL. The smell of spilled milk and school lunch makes me GAG. But I did it. And it was not the most horrible thing in the world, although seeing what the kids ate made me sick. The pizza looked like wax, the Uncrustable is just, well, unacceptable for a lunch. Such garbage. It astounds me that what I saw is what kids are getting to eat for lunch. Sigh.
So then in the afternoon I had three kindergartens, and my voice was about gone. My patience had flown out the window way before the end of the day, so I had some chocolate-covered almonds on the way up to bus duty. the good thing (I guess) is that I actually measured out the almonds and put them into a mug, rather than just eating them straight out of the container.
So now I am enjoying some peppermint tea and waiting for hubs to make a delicious dinner.
But a good thing about today - I went to Target with a Christmas wish from the tree at the gym. They get a list of names from our local Children and Youth - names of kids who have a rough life but still make a Christmas list. I pick a name every year - I feel very fortunate that I am able to buy just about whatever I need or want, and I love thinking about how this little boy is going to feel when he sees his new bike. I found an awesome Cars 2 bike with a matching helmet, so that's what this little 4-year old boy is getting. I have to assemble the bike tonight and take it tomorrow morning. I love giving!
ANOTHER good thing is that I put on a pair of pants today that were none-too comfortable (and used to be loose - boo-hoo!!!) and today they FIT! They are not as loose as they used to be, but I felt super comfortable in them. Yahooooooo! And despite the Starbucks craziness this morning, I will be right back on track tomorrow; I made it through today and tomorrow is Friday. And nothing makes me happier than a Friday after a long week with the kids.
Wednesday, December 07, 2011
This is Blog Two for the day, but I like the idea of recapping what I did today. In my first blog I wrote that I wasn't going to have any almonds today. That didn't work. I did have a serving of almonds today. The good part is that I counted out a serving, put it in a fun mug, put the almonds away, and didn't touch them for the rest of the day. Yahoo! Thankful for small victories. The difference between today's almond-eating and yesterday's craziness was that today was measured out; I didn't just eat from the container and lose count of how many almonds I ate. I felt much better today. And I even managed to stay within my calorie range! Yippeeeee!
So I need some advice from all you bloggers out there - I am thinking about starting up my own food blog; not recipes, but writing about food... describing the way it looks, tastes, feels... kind of like food porn. Is that weird? I just love food so much and I think it's beautiful. How did you get started? Do you have a favorite site to use to get started? Thank you in advance!
Today's good things:
- I was a water-drinking fool!
- I thoroughly enjoyed all my food today.
- I did my hair this morning and got really nice compliments - I think I have reconsidered chopping it off. I think I just needed a little style change. And besides, hubby brushed my hair tonight and it was AMAZING
- Anticipation of a snow day! I love this time of year. I love thinking about having a delay, about sitting around in my jammies watching Maury and eating a giant waffle!
So it's off to have some water and check the radar... delay...???
Wednesday, December 07, 2011
Well yesterday's eating didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped. One of the second grade girls delivered her Girl Scout chocolate-covered almonds, and while I was initially really good, only having six almonds, it turned into at least twice that. Sigh. I think I may have to get rid of them. I do so much better when my trigger foods are not around AT ALL. Can't eat it if it's not there.
But on a good note, today is the 3rd day in a row that I've gotten up for an early morning gym session! Today is lower body and shoulders day. This new workout I got from my trainer is KILLER! In a good way. I can definitely feel my muscles working - even today my upper body is still sore from Monday's workout.
I think today I'm going to be chewing lots of gum. That seems to work the best for curbing my poor eating at school.
- no almonds. It is just darn near impossible for me to limit myself to one or two, so I'll just say none at all.
- drink all my water. I may have to drink water in front of the kids, which I normally don't like to do, but *I'm* the one talking and singing all day, not them! And I *am* the adult. Ha!
- Kick my own butt during my workout. I have lots to prepare for, and I'm ready to start fitting into my pants again and ready to go clothes shopping again! (Which I told myself I'm not going to do until I fit into what I have.)
- Be positive!
Tuesday, December 06, 2011
So for quite a while, over the summer and the fall, I didn't really have any fitness-related events to look forward to. I think this might be part of the reason I gained back some weight. No 5ks to run, no gym challenges to train for... so my gym time slacked and my nutrition slacked. After all, I kind of expected at least *some* weight to come off. But alas, it crept back on.
Anyway, I now have some fitness goals and I keep reminding myself of them as I haul myself off to the gym at 6am.
JASR in March!
Tough Mudder in April!
Run for the Red 5K in May!
And those events are coming up faster than I think. They have a definite date. Weight loss does not. Weight loss is affected by salt, water, TOM, stress, etc. but events are just THERE. They don't care if you had too many McNuggets the week before, they still go on. I think that's why I am more successful when I look forward to an event or have something to work toward.
I am seriously considering getting my hair chopped. I am so tired of drying my hair every day... Ugh. I think I'll call my salon today and see if they have anything for this evening.
Drink all my water (yesterday was great!)
KEEP AWAY from the vending machine (yesterday I didn't go to the vending machine, but I *did* have a piece of birthday cake. Urgh.)
Have a super day!
Monday, December 05, 2011
Sigh... I think I really need to make a list of non-scale victories. I got on the scale this morning, and it made me a little sad.
So here goes:
- Even though I put on a few pounds, I am feeling better about myself. I bought some fun new workout gear and am thrilled to put it on to go to the gym. Nothing makes me feel worse than getting ready to go to the gym and having my freakin' workout clothes too tight!
- My water drinking has been awesome!
- I am eating less. I can't eat as much as I used to - so now my body just needs to let go of some fat!
- I am feeling positive, despite the scale.
- drink all my water (I discovered that drinking hot water with lemon is DELICIOUS and a great way for me to get my water in. I think I'll be drinking lots of hot tea this winter - I love getting my water in this way!)
- track all my food - this is an area I seriously need to work on. It's so hard for me just to SIT DOWN AND TRACK. I don't know why, I'm always on the computer... hubby will be a great help for me - I'm going to have him ask me "did you enter your food today?"
- keep busy at work. When I don't keep myself busy, I eat. NO VENDING MACHINE
This morning I did a killer strength training workout. I started working with a trainer again, which is wonderful. Today was back and biceps. And I even got an e-mail from her asking me how it was going so far! Yahoo!
Later this afternoon the contractor is coming over to take a look at one of the bedrooms. It is seriously water-damaged from where the chimney was leaking (but is now fixed!), and it needs to be taken care of before we get the house ready to sell. Yes, we are talking about that again. It kind of took a back seat because of various reasons...
Off to get ready for school!
Get An Email Alert Each Time CARILOUIE Posts