Friday, March 16, 2012
It's weigh-in day. And today, I weighed just the same as I did last week. My initial response was to be upset, but then I remembered what kind of week I had - fried chicken before a meeting, a weekend full of going out to eat, and more rest days than usual (I'm taking another one today). So then my thought turned a little more positive - "if I wanted to stay right where I am, this week is how I can eat and work out." It's *not* where I want to stay, but it kind of opened my eyes. I had been getting lazy with tracking over the last year, which is why I wasn't losing any more weight. I stayed right where I was because I was eating like this past week all year. Tracking is a wonderful thing.
So anyway, I get to think about improving my nutrition for this week and scheduling workouts. I felt a little tickle in my throat this morning - our bodies are really smart. Last night I just KNEW that today was going to be a rest day. It was one of those times where I couldn't talk myself out of taking a rest day... and I'm glad I took today to sleep in. I think tonight is going to be a super lazy night.
- I ate HALF a bag (the indiv. size) of M&Ms for a snack yesterday. I was craving some chocolate, and I got a little bag of peanut M&Ms. The math teacher next door looked at me and asked "WHERE ARE YOUR CARROTS???" She convinced me to bring baby carrots into school to snack on, but they just weren't going to cut it. She said "is it worth the calories to eat the whole thing?" So I thought about it, and no, it wasn't. But half the bag? Yep. So I have a little chocolate treat for today too!
- I had a great night with Girls on the Run. Last night was my first night volunteering. I got to see some of my girls from the last two years, and it was a very positive experience. I can't wait to go back!
- Brad got a job!!!! He starts on Tuesday and I am THRILLED!!!!
- I have to return a skirt because it doesn't fit. IT'S TOO BIG!!!!!! I am dancing the happy dance of joy thinking about it.
- Today is jeans day at work. Perfect.