Tuesday, April 10, 2012
you come home, see asparagus in the fridge, and think "Wow, this would make a really great snack."
Came home from school today, and I was SO hungry. I knew I was going to have a stuffed pepper for dinner, but I couldn't wait until it was heated through! So asparagus was my treat. Crazy.
Today was another really good day! I dragged my arse out of bed this morning (it's very hard to get up at 5:00am after not setting an alarm for five days), got in a 30 minute run, and had a good day with the kiddos at school.
- pack lunch for tomorrow
- prep dinner for tomorrow night
- get clothes ready
- journal for a bit
Hope it was a fantastic day for you!
Monday, April 09, 2012
Today was one of those days where, as I'm winding down and getting into relax mode, I think "wow, what a super day!"
- I helped Brad with his hurt back. I gave him a little deep back rub, made him wince, and gave him some advice. I guess I've learned a lot about the body!
- Did a great workout at the gym. Wanted to do a full circuit, but my knee wasn't feeling the lunges. Rather than kill my knee, I changed it up a little bit and felt really good when I was done. My pushups are really improving!
- Got a new lunch bag! My old one was starting to get a little rank, so I treated myself to a cute new Vera Bradley lunch bag. So fun for spring!
- Went grocery shopping and stocked up on dairy- and gluten- free food. I don't have a medical reason to try this new diet, but I have to admit that I've been feeling really good since I've started it!
- Cleaned up a LOT around the house. I got tons of laundry done, vacuumed our downstairs, and simmered some chicken for lunch tomorrow. All that's left to do is cook the quinoa pasta and pack up my food.
- Planned my eating for tomorrow. I think I'll work on the rest of the week a little later tonight. Brad is working like CRAZY for Passover, so I'm mostly on my own this week. But I've been doing so well with my eating that it's really a good motivator for me to continue my good eating.
- Ordered some new Buff headbands. I bought one out in Pittsburgh and I LOVE it. One of my Bondi Bands is starting to tear a little bit, so I needed some new gym hairbands. I highly recommend Buff!
- Looked (again) into getting certified to be a personal trainer. There is a session coming up (where Brad works!) at the end of June, so I think I'll aim for that one. I don't have time right now to study for the one coming up in May (which is at my gym!), so it will have to wait. I'll have some time to really think about it and get a better idea of what my job situation will be next year.
Time to fold the last of the laundry and plan the rest of the week!
Saturday, April 07, 2012
On Friday morning when I was at the gym, my trainer asked me if she could give my e-mail address to someone from the local paper. They were writing an article about the Tough Mudder and events like it around here, and they wanted to know if anyone at the gym was training for it. I thought it sounded totally great and agreed to have my e-mail address given out. But today I saw a copy of the paper, and it said "Coming tomorrow..." the article about the TM. Bleh. Looks like they aren't going to e-mail me about it. So that *was* my exciting news, but doesn't look like it will be anymore.
This morning I went for a 30 minutes swim, and then an hour long hike this afternoon. They day was just too beautiful not to get outside!
I did pretty well eating today - just now, though, I ate a bunch of rice chips and finished off the trail mix (which thankfully wasn't *that* much).
Tomorrow I think I'll surprise my mom by going to church. I wasn't going to go, but hubs suggested that I go as the nice daughterly thing to do. So I'll get up a little earlier than I planned and head down to church.
Off to get ready for tomorrow and then take a hot bath...
Friday, April 06, 2012
I recently discovered a magazine called "Experience L!fe." I bought it last week and I LOVE it! There are great articles in it, and it covers a bunch of different topics. But there was one article in particular that caught my eye. It was about a food writer-turned-power lifter. She was starting to feel marshmallow-y and wanted to do something about it. So she joined a gym and started lifting.
The point is that I have been feeling marshmallow-y lately, too. Not fat, but not great, either. I looked at pictures of myself from Pittsburgh and saw that there is definitely a layer of marshmallow that could go.
So what am I doing to get rid of the marshmallow?
I'm recommitting to running. Being in Pittsburgh was just what I needed to give me a push to get back into a regular running schedule.
Brad and I are going to be very diligent about what we eat. We are reading a book right now - The Blood Sugar Solution - and we've decided to go gluten-free and dairy-free for a while. (Well, mostly gluten- and dairy- free.) It's been a little over a week (not counting JASR!) and I feel great! I don't totally know how to describe the feeling - my stomach feels lighter, and I just feel better overall. I don't know if it's because I know I'm *supposed* to feel better or because I actually *do* feel better. But either way, it's going really well so far!
I'm being very careful about tracking my food. This has been the greatest tool for me in getting my 2011 weight off.
I'm doing longer, more intense workouts. It's a good thing that my body has gotten more efficient and now I need these harder workouts to keep on pace with my goals!
I'm loving the body I have now. I *don't* feel fat, but I know that there is an awesome, muscular body that's just itching to come out.
Wednesday, April 04, 2012
I can't even believe there are only 25 days left until the Tough Mudder. While I feel like I'm doing a good job preparing for it, I really have no idea what to expect! Yikes.
My arms and legs are sore from Tuesday's workout and massage appointment, so today was a rest day. Tomorrow I'll be down at my mom's house, and I'm running with one of my Tough Mudder teammates. I get to break in my new sneaks! I went to the running store after school today, and the guy there was SOOOO helpful. He answered all my silly questions and I ended up with a pair of ASICS Gel-Kayano 18s. I'm really looking forward to getting back into ASICS - I liked them the first time around, but then I moved on to something with a little more support. But I'm hoping that these work for me and help my knees get better. Interesting thing I learned - the Gel-Kayanos are the comparable ASICS to the Brooks Adrenaline (which I was running in) but there is twice as much padding in the ASICS. So I'm thinking that my knees are going to be happier.
Also, when the guy checked out my old shoes, he saw that there were little "wrinkles" in the side. This meant that the cushioning was breaking down, so it was definitely time for some new shoes. I'm glad I went! And I got 10% off because I'm a member of the local running club. Those shoes are not cheap!
Spring break is here! Time to bust out the crazy workouts.
Today was pretty good eating wise. I did cave and eat a bag of peanut M&Ms - I felt awful after I did it, but dang that chocolate was just what I needed at that point in the day. Enchiladas for dinner again - mmm.
- enjoy my morning facial (one of my favorite ways to treat myself)
- meeting with my financial planner
- dinner with mum and brother
Get An Email Alert Each Time CARILOUIE Posts