Sunday, April 15, 2012
I love having days where I get tons of stuff done, eat well, and be active at some point. I made a to-do list for today and I think it really kept me on track. I've been feeling a little overwhelmed lately... there's so much going on right now! I think it's not as much as I make it out to be, but when I don't write it all down, it just feels like endless stuff to do.
I did everything I needed to do, and I even gave Brad some things to do on Tuesday when he has a day off. Some things I found can wait until later in the week, and it felt just as good to give the thing a specific date as it did to get my stuff done today.
Eating was really good today! It wasn't so great on Friday or Saturday night (I don't know that it was horrible, I just didn't measure or track anything) so today made up for it. I had tons of protein! I bought some rice protein - had it in a shake this morning and in my yogurt for my snack tonight. I felt so full all day - a really good feeling.
- early morning circuit and short run
- water water water! It's going to be in the 80s tomorrow, so I need to keep hydrated.
- stick to the eating plan. My lunch is already packed, and I have stuffed peppers in the freezer that I can have for dinner. Honey is making enchiladas tonight, so I might have one of those instead. We'll see.
Friday, April 13, 2012
I've been trying to think of a JASR blog... I've read so many wonderful blogs, looked at so many amazing pictures... I have to say that this year's JASR was just unbelievable. It inspired me in so many ways... Since JASR I have:
bought new kicks that are going to help me run better. I got to be around runners who took their gear very seriously, and I was inspired to take more of an interest in my own. I also bought a new running skirt and jacket/vest out there, and I'm so excited to be wearing the skirt tomorrow on my run!
I was inspired to take my actual *running* more seriously. I made a running date with a Tough Mudder teammate (well, two - we have our second one tomorrow!), and I went back to running with the local running club. And I was SO thrilled to have gotten in 4.25 miles with them on Thursday night!
My nutrition has greatly improved since I got back. I realized that the only way I could truly enjoy the occasional blizzard (or five) would be to watch what I'm eating the rest of the time and track everything.
Penny, if you can find the time to run with a little Roo, then I can surely find time to run myself!
Anne, if you can find the time to run with 11 kids, I can certainly find time with *one* husband who works the opposite shift as I do!
Anne and Bobby, if you can find the time to run while planning and organizing such an amazing event, I can find the time to run!
Lynn, if you can find the time to run while arranging surprise visits (!), I can certainly find the time to run.
I just can't begin to put into words how inspiring you all are. You make me realize why I love to run. It's not just about PRs and logging miles, but it's about the friendships and the joy of being around people who, even though they may be far far away, "get" you like anyone who might be your neighbor.
I love you all and don't know what I'd do without you.
Thursday, April 12, 2012
So those of you who've been injured at some point, you know how exciting it is when you get back to running and feel really good. Tonight was one of those nights for me. After Girls On the Run, I went into town to get some rice protein and gluten-free snacks. Then I headed out to meet the local running club. I haven't run with them in over a year! I have been really nervous about my knees - the runs are usually around 4 miles, and I've been so scared that my knees would act up.
Tonight I ran with my running mentor (I think of him often when I run) and we kept it at a nice, easy pace. I wasn't worried about keeping up with the group, and my mentor is really really amazing about keeping me motivated no matter what my pace. So we're running for a while, and I don't notice my knee. We run a little more, and I STILL don't notice my knee. We finish, and I STILL don't notice my knee! Hurrah! I was walking on clouds. I almost cried, I was so happy about tonight's run!
I *did* just get some new kicks last week, and I really think they are making a huge difference. The extra cushioning in them (ASICS Gel-Kayanos) is amazing. I didn't realize how much lower back pain I was having until I ran in these shoes! I am SO happy with them. So I'm being really diligent about tracking my miles run in them, and I plan to get a new pair when I get to about 100 miles or so; I can rotate the new ones in.
Today's eating was really pretty good!
- water water water (I am slacking on this again)
- stick to my eating plan (I am doing really well with my eating lately)
- morning swim
- send in college application (I have decided to go back to school to get my Curriculum Supervisor's Certificate. Brad is helping me pay for the classes, and this way I can be on my way to working in administration!)
Happy Friday Eve!
Tuesday, April 10, 2012
you come home, see asparagus in the fridge, and think "Wow, this would make a really great snack."
Came home from school today, and I was SO hungry. I knew I was going to have a stuffed pepper for dinner, but I couldn't wait until it was heated through! So asparagus was my treat. Crazy.
Today was another really good day! I dragged my arse out of bed this morning (it's very hard to get up at 5:00am after not setting an alarm for five days), got in a 30 minute run, and had a good day with the kiddos at school.
- pack lunch for tomorrow
- prep dinner for tomorrow night
- get clothes ready
- journal for a bit
Hope it was a fantastic day for you!
Monday, April 09, 2012
Today was one of those days where, as I'm winding down and getting into relax mode, I think "wow, what a super day!"
- I helped Brad with his hurt back. I gave him a little deep back rub, made him wince, and gave him some advice. I guess I've learned a lot about the body!
- Did a great workout at the gym. Wanted to do a full circuit, but my knee wasn't feeling the lunges. Rather than kill my knee, I changed it up a little bit and felt really good when I was done. My pushups are really improving!
- Got a new lunch bag! My old one was starting to get a little rank, so I treated myself to a cute new Vera Bradley lunch bag. So fun for spring!
- Went grocery shopping and stocked up on dairy- and gluten- free food. I don't have a medical reason to try this new diet, but I have to admit that I've been feeling really good since I've started it!
- Cleaned up a LOT around the house. I got tons of laundry done, vacuumed our downstairs, and simmered some chicken for lunch tomorrow. All that's left to do is cook the quinoa pasta and pack up my food.
- Planned my eating for tomorrow. I think I'll work on the rest of the week a little later tonight. Brad is working like CRAZY for Passover, so I'm mostly on my own this week. But I've been doing so well with my eating that it's really a good motivator for me to continue my good eating.
- Ordered some new Buff headbands. I bought one out in Pittsburgh and I LOVE it. One of my Bondi Bands is starting to tear a little bit, so I needed some new gym hairbands. I highly recommend Buff!
- Looked (again) into getting certified to be a personal trainer. There is a session coming up (where Brad works!) at the end of June, so I think I'll aim for that one. I don't have time right now to study for the one coming up in May (which is at my gym!), so it will have to wait. I'll have some time to really think about it and get a better idea of what my job situation will be next year.
Time to fold the last of the laundry and plan the rest of the week!
Get An Email Alert Each Time CARILOUIE Posts