Thursday, May 10, 2012
Holy moly. The end of school is coming, and I can't wait. I am totally on edge about stuff right now! I don't feel like working out, I almost couldn't care less about what I'm eating, and PLEASE just let me lie on the couch!
Maybe it's the rain. The last few days have been pretty crappy, weather-wise. Maybe I just need some extra sun to make me feel better. This weekend I'm going to visit my mom for Mother's Day - my bro and I are cooking for her. Maybe I'll go on Saturday and go for a bike ride around her house. She has a much nicer area for biking than I do. The roads are a lot safer for bikers.
I'm also a little overwhelmed about this triathlon thing. I am excited about it, but I'm kind of regretting signing up for it. I just don't feel like training for it.
I've not been getting enough sleep, either. Less than 8 hours a night, most nights in the last two weeks have been less than 7. Sigh... I need to get myself back on track.
But I can't end on a sourpuss note.
- I got in some good workouts this week
- I've gotten some really special notes from students for Teacher Appreciation Week.
- My Girls on the Run girls were so happy to see me tonight.
- I am really excited for my upcoming 5K on May 20th - it's a fast course, and I'm feeling strong. I would love to really try for a sub-30:00 time. (The last time I ran this course I ran about 30:37)
Off to get some water and lie on the couch. Maybe go to sleep. I don't see how extra sleep could hurt!
Tuesday, May 08, 2012
- drank tons of water
- got some nice feedback from a colleague about an e-mail I sent out
- heard from "a little birdy" that my principal really wants to keep me. (This isn't everything, but it sure doesn't hurt!)
- had a great day with the kiddos. I'm reading a book called "When Teaching Gets Tough." Today I tried some of the little hints, and I think they worked. I'll keep reading it. Teachers, I highly recommend it.
- made some fish that didn't suck! I can't STAND cooking fish, but that's what Brad left for me to eat tonight. It was bluefish, so really simple to cook, but I get scared anyway. It turned out to be really good!
To work on tomorrow:
- better nutrition. Today was not a wonderful day for it. I snacked too much and ate when I wasn't hungry. Sigh.
- keep drinking that water!
That's about it... time for a hot bath and bed.
Friday, May 04, 2012
I'm having trouble getting back on track. I did a Tough Mudder on Sunday and I've been really slacking since then. Not really tracking food, not really working out too much (although, to be fair, I am covered in bruises)... have any of you ever felt this way after a big event?
I guess I just feel like I worked so hard and have been so careful about what I eat that I just need a little breather to not be so crazy about it. I'm not beating myself up *too* much - I did ease back into tracking my food after having taken a few days off, and yesterday I did a couple workouts at school for ACES day. Tomorrow I have a Girls on the Run 5K - I'm running with the daughter of a colleague... so I guess I'm not being a total slacker. But it just feels weird not training like crazy for something right now.
But I can't let this feeling last for too long! I have about four weeks until my first tri! My wetsuit came, and I bought a new bike today. I got a great deal on a 2011 hybrid Specialized. It was an extra 10% off because it was a 2011. Hurrah! And right now, all I need is something that's not a mountain bike so I don't die doing the hills. Apparently I signed up for a very hilly tri. Huh.
And one week of not being careful won't make me gain everything back, and it won't kill me (it won't, will it?). I went to dinner with some friends tonight, and I ate way too much. I felt really bad about it, but then I thought "you know, hubs and I NEVER go out to eat, so it really is very rare that I eat like this." And I felt better. Not like I need an excuse, but I did need a reason not to beat myself up. I think since I've been so crazy about training and eating to get ready for the Mudder, this past week of not being careful has really thrown me for a loop.
And I suppose I'm kind of justifying this for myself... it's been a stressful week. Fifteen of my second graders performed for the school board on Wednesday - I had to speak. I can speak and sing and dance in front of kids all day, but when it comes to being in front of adults? Forget it. So I was a nervous wreck all week about it (and BTW, my kiddos NAILED their performance. They are awesome.). And yesterday I had to lead (with the phys ed teacher) a workout for the school from the top of a fire truck. And we got an e-mail from the principal today about classes for next year and losing teachers and blah blah blah and basically I have no idea if I'm going to have a job next year. I'm starting to prepare my resume materials... the next school board meeting is on May 16 - a preliminary budget needs to be presented for the public. I suppose I'll know more about next year at that meeting. I'm getting scared, though. This is the first time that I've really *really* been scared about losing my job. And it sucks because I'm really good at my job. And I love my kids. And now I'm tearing up because I just don't know what I would do. Sigh... I guess all I can do is wait until the 16th to see what happens.
I need to pick out my outfit for tomorrow! I think I'll do a running skirt and something pink. Wish me luck!
Get An Email Alert Each Time CARILOUIE Posts