Saturday, January 24, 2009
I heard something on the radio this week about it being the most depressing week of the year. Credit card bills rolling in from Christmas, nasty weather, weight gain from the holidays...
But for me, I had some very exciting things happen this week.
- The art teacher next door asked me if I was losing weight. She sees me every day, so it was nice that she said something!
- I ran for three minutes on the TM today! My longest time until today was about 1 min and 15 sec. So I was thrilled when I was able to keep running.
- I put on my size 10 jeans a little bit ago to go out, and a cute sweater. There is no roll over the top. SO excited.
- My fiance touched my arm last night and told me it was getting smaller. Wahoo!
- I upped the weights on almost all my workouts. (Free weights and machines)
- My skin keeps getting clearer - this morning, I went to the library with no makeup on. It has been so long since I've done that!
Tonight I am meeting two college friends for dinner. I did my homework and already looked at the menu online and decided what I'm going to have to eat. I watched out for the words that SP suggested to look out for - fried, sauteed, smothered, breaded, etc. I decided on grilled mahi with a baked sweet potato (no "loaded" stuff, though) and a salad with a little O&V. And I know I'll have leftovers to bring home for tomorrow!
Since I started keeping track of everything on January 1, I have lost 6 pounds and almost a whole size. yay!