Monday, October 12, 2009
Since today is the discovery of America, I thought I'd post some of my own discoveries.
- I am not destined to be fat. I always imagined myself getting older and fatter, never to be thin and never knowing what it was like. Today I realized that I am *not* destined to be fat and that I *love* the feeling of being fit.
- Avocado is just wonderful. We put it on some Mexican-style food tonight, and it was SO good.
- Chicken thigh in Mexican is much tastier than ground beef and so much healthier. No skin or fat on the chicken thigh made for a very tasty, healthy taco filling. Added it to some leftover chili for some AMAZING dinner.
- There is actually food at the gas station that isn't all processed salty junk. Had a salad with some natural vinegrette (sp?) dressing, some all-natural potato chips, and a Kozy Shack pudding. All I had to do was examine the labels. When I saw that the "turkey medallions" in the turkey wrap were made with yeast and water and some other nonsense, I quickly put down the wrap and went to find a salad. The salad was really tasty with some garbanzo beans and a hard-boiled egg. Yum.
- I am losing almost all interest in fast food and processed food. We drove by Sonic tonight, and there was no part of me that wanted to eat fries and/or a burger.
- Things really do happen in threes. 1) the oven is ready to die - lucky we bought one tonight, to be delivered on Thursday. 2) my digital camera took a crap tonight - I have been thinking about buying a new one, anyway, but I didn't want to spend the money for it quite yet. 3) my Dreadful Drip candle didn't light tonight. The wick turned orange but it didn't catch. Weird. Yankee Candle sells these candles for Halloween - they are white taper candles, but burn red wax like blood. They are very fun, especially in my skull candle holder.
Time for the couch! Happy Columbus Day.
Saturday, October 10, 2009
This morning I went to the gym and did a bit of running. I can finally get back to it. Wahoo! I can tell I haven't been drinking enough water and eating a bit too much this past week... my pants were a bit tight yesterday. Not horrible, but I could tell that they weren't fitting exactly right. Back to the gym today, back to drinking crazy amounts of water, and back to tracking my calories. I didn't do any of that over my birthday weekend and I can definitely notice a difference! The good thing is that I'm catching it now instead of ten pounds down the road. Helps to have a pair of good-fitting non-stretch pants. Nothing like them to gauge success and setbacks.
Today is work-around-the-house day. Laundry, cleaning, etc etc. I am looking forward to not having to do anything tomorrow.
My goals for October are not going as planned... I am having trouble packing a lunch the night before; I need to spend my evenings getting organized and going to bed earlier. I've been coming home, napping, and then going to the gym if I feel up to it. I think instead of napping, I'll get some work done, pack my lunch, go to the gym, and head to bed a bit earlier. We'll see. Maybe actually writing a schedule for a while...?
Off to do some housework. Once I get started, I'm ok... it's just getting off my rear and getting to work that's the problem.
Thursday, October 01, 2009
I have until Sunday to be in my 20's. The big Three-Oh is on Sunday. Eeek!
I actually feel very good about this point in my life. I'm running, eating healthy, taking care of myself... life is good.
Went to the gym tonight and ran about a mile - a teeny twinge in my knee, but nothing like it has been. I think all this physical therapy is really helping! Wahoo! Maybe I'll be running a 5K this winter...
Last night I went to McDonald's for dinner. There was a homeowner's association meeting after my doctor appointment and I didn't get a chance to sit down and eat. There was no guilt, but there *was* a delicious quarter pounder and fries. I know, HORRIBLE for me; I didn't even bother tracking it, but it tasted so good. It was fresh and delicious... and now I won't have to eat one for another few months, or even a year. I got my fix. But enough of that.
I have seen a lot of "October Goals" blog postings, so I think I'm going to write a few of my own.
- Pack a healthy lunch for school every day (I have been really lazy about this)
- Schedule in gym time, even if it's only 30-45 minutes a night
- Get enough sleep
- Keep on top of my schoolwork (I procrastinate a lot)
- Put dishes away/wash dishes as soon as I am done using them
That's good for now... Don't want to get into pounds lost or anything right now... just focus on healthy habits for the school year.
Off to clean up some dishes, pack a lunch, and get ready for bed.
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Last night I went to dinner with a good friend. Before we went, I checked out the nutrition facts on the restaurant's website. I was determined to have a good time last night without totally going over my calories. Olive Garden has a great nutrition section on their site - easy to get around and read.
My dinner was actually not horrible! The worst part was the breadstick. The freakin' breadstick! Well, maybe the pumpkin cheesecake was the worst, but the breadstick was definitely not healthy. It had more calories than my soup. Back to the cheesecake - I only ate about 1/6 of the piece I got for dessert. The rest came home for my fiance and for today's lunch. There was NO part of me that felt guilty for eating what I did. Next time I will not eat the breadstick - it's just not worth it. It was good, but not that good.
Got my next set of braces today - my teeth are a little sore so it looks like it's yogurt and maybe a PB&J for lunch. I think tonight is going to be spent on the couch - I am SO tired. Maybe some Arnolds a little later along with The Biggest Loser. I'm really hoping the language gets cleaned up a little - I'm no prude, but I hate hearing all those bleeps on network TV. The kiddos I teach seem to think some of that language is ok to repeat at school. I spend much of my classes talking about how some language is ok to use at home, but not ok at school. Sigh... But anyway, I think that the trainers can provide motivation without having to swear at the contestants so much. Although, the editing might be done in such a way to include as many "bleeps" as possible.
So I think it's off to the couch I go.
Get An Email Alert Each Time CARILOUIE Posts